Tua Tagovailoa Qb Alabama. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa Qb Alabama.

Saban owes this damn team for up and leaving this team. He needs to help the Phins get Tua. Plus him and Gase know each other well so hopefully Gase is in Saban’s ear about Tua. :cheers:

Wishful thinking eh?

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks this kid is over rated?

I am not saying he is bad but he doesnt seem like the next coming. Most of the TD's I see from his highlights are all YAC catches by great receivers. What do you guys like so much about him? Lock seems to have the stronger and more accurate arm. He has great feet and mobility and pocket awareness but the rest is pretty meh to me.

I am not saying he is bad but he doesnt seem like the next coming. Most of the TD's I see from his highlights are all YAC catches by great receivers. What do you guys like so much about him? Lock seems to have the stronger and more accurate arm. He has great feet and mobility and pocket awareness but the rest is pretty meh to me.

This reel is full of deep passes where receivers never have to break stride. He's completing 70.4% of his passes at 13.6 YPA with 25 TD and 0 INT. This indicates that the ball goes where he wants it. Lock is not an accurate QB, and I don't see any comparison between the two. Tagovailoa also sees the field much better than Lock - even though he has far less experience.

The concern with Tua is the passing volume. He is on pace for 210 attempts for 11 games. He is performing at historic levels for the volume but he isn't carrying that offense. He'll have another year, it's too early.
Compare that to Haskins who is on pace for 433 attempts, he is carrying that tOSU offense and he is performing great.

The concern with Tua is the passing volume. He is on pace for 210 attempts for 11 games. He is performing at historic levels for the volume but he isn't carrying that offense. He'll have another year, it's too early.
Compare that to Haskins who is on pace for 433 attempts, he is carrying that tOSU offense and he is performing great.

Tua carries the offense. I can't imagine that anyone who watches college football isn't aware of the fact that Tua hasn't played in the 4th quarter of a game yet this season. He barely plays any 3rd quarters.

I'm not trying to beat up on anybody, but whatever system you're using that indicates J.T. Barrett was worthy of the #1 overall pick and Logan Woodside was a 1st rounder - while also indicating that Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen were undraftable...you may want to start over. Get rid of it.

The apparent bias towards Ohio St. signal callers is the least of its concerns. It's just not even close anywhere. I hesitate to even believe you're serious with it.

I don't mind talking about quarterbacks - it's what I do. But I simply do not know how to have this particular discussion.

This thread got spectacularly odd quick.

I would still today take JT Barrett over Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, Allen. I do not think those guys were and are worth a shot, they are a waste of time imo. That goes to the point that it's a four-year business and they have to perform consistently and successfully to the contract, carrying and taking the team to the playoffs and giving you a chance to win it all. To do that, they have to prove it in college by performing successfully consistently at good volume, and they have to be young, and match other such prospects who came out and had success.
Tua is problematic because of the low passing volume.
I had 4 Qbs worth a shot in first rd last year, Mayfield, Rudolph, Ferguson, and Barrett. And I stick to that.

Last edited:
Go watch the championship game last year against Georgia and tell me he doesn’t carry that team. He brought that team back from a loss to a win.

Back
Top Bottom