Tua Tagovailoa Qb Alabama. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa Qb Alabama.

The question with Tua coming into the draft is whether he can carry the offense with 500+ attempts and how soon, because he plays at 19 attempts per game. That translates to about 310 attempts over the course of a 16-game season. The problem is, there have not been successful NFL prospects with that low number of attempts.

Of course, the argument is that his scoring and efficiency is through the roof that in the end, who cares?! He wins running away with low attempts. Is that realistic in the NFL tho?

I don't think people realize what a prodigy Tua has always been. It's not just about what he is now.

Tua was throwing a football better than Marcus Mariota when he was only 15 years old. Mariota was fixing to win the Heisman Trophy as a Senior at Oregon and couldn't throw the ball as well as Tua.

I remember Trent Dilfer saying after he coached Tua at the Elite 11 camp that Tua was a generational talent. He compared the way the ball came out of Tua's hands to Aaron Rodgers. Here's Dilfer's exact words -

“I think Tua’s a generational talent. I mean, I’ve said this over and over and over,” Dilfer said. “I said it a year and a half ago before he got to Alabama. I think that he’s a kid that can go through his college career and never lose a game, considering where he’s at. … I mean, he’s that kind of good. The best I’ve ever seen.”

“Of the 32 NFL starters right now, I want to say 20 of them — my numbers may be off — have gone through our Elite 11,” Dilfer said. “I know the other ones well. He’s the greatest high school talent I’ve ever seen, and it’s not close. But it’s not just how he throws the ball and his movement skills. It’s his maturity; it’s his focus; it’s his football IQ; it’s his leadership. It’s everything. He’s the complete package.

“And you’re just seeing the tip of the iceberg. He can do things with a football that I’ve only seen a couple other people be able to do. And he can think quickly, and nothing bothers him, and he’s a great leader. Like I said, he just checks every box.”

Tua checks all the boxes for me. Others may prefer Mike Leach or Ohio St. quarterbacks due to "volume". Give me Tua.

The question with Tua coming into the draft is whether he can carry the offense with 500+ attempts and how soon, because he plays at 19 attempts per game. That translates to about 310 attempts over the course of a 16-game season. The problem is, there have not been successful NFL prospects with that low number of attempts.

Of course, the argument is that his scoring and efficiency is through the roof that in the end, who cares?! He wins running away with low attempts. Is that realistic in the NFL tho?

Another way to look at it is Tua gets twice the production with only half the throws. The kid is super special.

Another way to look at it is Tua gets twice the production with only half the throws. The kid is super special.

That's the way. You draft him, have him play one half each game and score a lot. That way he is fresh every week.
Maybe that is what is special about him, he will introduce a two-quarterback approach to the NFL. One QB to give you the lead, and the second one to preserve it.

That's the way. You draft him, have him play one half each game and score a lot. That way he is fresh every week.
Maybe that is what is special about him, he will introduce a two-quarterback approach to the NFL. One QB to give you the lead, and the second one to preserve it.

You have to put yourself in position to draft him first - playing Luke Falk, J.T. Barrett, Logan Woodside or one of these quarterbacks who attempted a high enough volume of passes in college will assuredly get that done for you.

You have to put yourself in position to draft him first - playing Luke Falk, J.T. Barrett, Logan Woodside or one of these quarterbacks who attempted a high enough volume of passes in college will assuredly get that done for you.

Depends on other things, but if you play a dude who attempted 230 passes in a season will surely get you to the top of the draft, because there has not been one successful. Even Josh Johnson who had gaudy numbers at San Diego U had 300 attempts.
All Im saying is hold up, let's see him for another year.

He's listed 6 foot 1 which is fine. But he's 20 years old and people are talking him up like the greatest QB ever. Alot of pressure on him lol

The same thing was said about Andrew luck and he's been pretty much a flop. I'm just wary of guys who are annoited so early. They never live up to the hype

wait-what-gif-3.gif

I don't think people realize what a prodigy Tua has always been. It's not just about what he is now.

Tua was throwing a football better than Marcus Mariota when he was only 15 years old. Mariota was fixing to win the Heisman Trophy as a Senior at Oregon and couldn't throw the ball as well as Tua.

I remember Trent Dilfer saying after he coached Tua at the Elite 11 camp that Tua was a generational talent. He compared the way the ball came out of Tua's hands to Aaron Rodgers. Here's Dilfer's exact words -

“I think Tua’s a generational talent. I mean, I’ve said this over and over and over,” Dilfer said. “I said it a year and a half ago before he got to Alabama. I think that he’s a kid that can go through his college career and never lose a game, considering where he’s at. … I mean, he’s that kind of good. The best I’ve ever seen.”

“Of the 32 NFL starters right now, I want to say 20 of them — my numbers may be off — have gone through our Elite 11,” Dilfer said. “I know the other ones well. He’s the greatest high school talent I’ve ever seen, and it’s not close. But it’s not just how he throws the ball and his movement skills. It’s his maturity; it’s his focus; it’s his football IQ; it’s his leadership. It’s everything. He’s the complete package.

“And you’re just seeing the tip of the iceberg. He can do things with a football that I’ve only seen a couple other people be able to do. And he can think quickly, and nothing bothers him, and he’s a great leader. Like I said, he just checks every box.”

Tua checks all the boxes for me. Others may prefer Mike Leach or Ohio St. quarterbacks due to "volume". Give me Tua.

Wow!

wait a minute lol...are you trying to say that he doesn't have the stamina to throw the ball more? huh

His volume is a result of him being so unreal good. Why is his volume such an issue for you when projecting a QB?
There's no issue with his lack of volume, the guy is so good he doesn't have to play inn the 4th. He's a great college QB. Not sure beyond that. Odds are in his favor though

Compared to the hype he had? Absolutely. Statistically he's the same as Tannehill. Even worse passer rating i think

I don't want to derail the thread, but that's nonsense. Luck leads him in damn near every single category (including playoff wins) and yet somehow has a lower QBR. Seems legit. That's why relying solely on box scores are silly. Anybody who watches Luck play and Tannehill play sees a clear difference. The targeting of Luck in these things is left over bitterness over the Suck for Luck thing.

Get ready for Tank for Tua. :surr:

Unless they changed the rules, Michael Vick came out of college as a sophomore. Tua has already proven he can do the job, though I haven't really watched him play, only highlights. If so, why not let Tua declare this year? I guess if he is all that he's hyped up to be, I would give up the picks to move to get him at #1.

Unless they changed the rules, Michael Vick came out of college as a sophomore. Tua has already proven he can do the job, though I haven't really watched him play, only highlights. If so, why not let Tua declare this year? I guess if he is all that he's hyped up to be, I would give up the picks to move to get him at #1.

Vick was a redshirt sophomore - 3 years removed from high school. Same for Sam Darnold.

The NFL has a rule in place stating that you have to be at least 3 years removed from high school in order to be draft eligible. Tua is a true sophomore - not draft eligible this year per NFL rules.

Back
Top Bottom