Tua Tagovailoa Qb Alabama. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa Qb Alabama.

Most of you probably don’t remember the original “throwin Samoan” from the 1980s.
I believe his name was Jack Thompson. The Bucs traded a 1st rd pick for him, but he never panned our.

Most of you probably don’t remember the original “throwin Samoan” from the 1980s.
I believe his name was Jack Thompson. The Bucs traded a 1st rd pick for him, but he never panned our.

Sure we do. We just don't understand what he has to do with Tua Tagovailoa. If there was a point there I certainly missed it.

Sure we do. We just don't understand what he has to do with Tua Tagovailoa. If there was a point there I certainly missed it.

It was a moment of levity. Someone posted that Tua was Samoan and it reminded me of the “throwing Samoan” moniker used in the 80s.
It was a moment of levity. Do you get it now?

Sefo Liufau is the Throwin Samoan's nephew. Signed with the Bucs as a UDFA. Retired earlier this year. That's all I'll add to this.

I take what a lot of these pundits say with a grain of salt, they’re judging the kid on 1 or 2 games they’ve seen him play all year and not looking at the totality of his work so far. Kid is going to be really good, I’m also betting Fromm will be good as well.
Hell I hope Tua’s stock falls that way he’ll fall right into Miami’s Lap in the draft. But I sure as hell ain’t betting that’s going to happen.

I take what a lot of these pundits say with a grain of salt, they’re judging the kid on 1 or 2 games they’ve seen him play all year and not looking at the totality of his work so far. Kid is going to be really good, I’m also betting Fromm will be good as well.

Tua is going to be a star.

Lawrence will be a star.

Miami needs one of these 2

Coach does a great job of breaking down what really happened in the SEC Championship Game. Highlights and breaks down a lot of the things that happened in this game from a critical perspective. Some things I mentioned from the standpoint of Tua, the playcalling, the coaching, Savion Smith being a target of teams in the run game and pass game, Mack Wilson not being quite ready yet, Josh Jacobs being the P4P one of the best players in the country, etc.

Bama played their worst game of the season in almost every facet. Mike Locksley must have been preoccupied with the Maryland job, because his playcalling was awful. Meanwhile, UGA played their best game of the season in almost every facet. But I love his message - this game boiled down to something bigger than any of that....

"I like many, saw the potential in this Offense which struggled in all our Top 25 matchups the last 2 years, so I rooted for a change at QB coming into this year. I felt as though Jalen was YOUNG, that he wasn't showing enough growth at the position from a passing standpoint to allow him to stay a starter. Also, we had one of the biggest QB recruits in Alabama history (Tua) "riding the bench" while waiting on Jalen to develop.

The change at QB was made. Tua starts, and takes an already #1 Crimson Tide to heights we have never seen! My predictions came to life, everything I spoke of was unfolding in the face of America. We now win every game by 21 points, with a Heisman Candidate running the show late into the season. The Team goes from a 1 dimensional look, to virtually unstoppable! We go from 1 primary receiver, to the best WR Unit in the nation. We go from one of the worst 3rd down teams, to 3rd in the nation on 3rd downs a year later. The Tide is ROLLING!!

Then we entered the REMATCH, UGA vs Bama, in Atlanta - where the QB change was made in yet another Championship atmosphere (SEC).

Bama started off slow. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. There were horrific play calls, fumbles, uncharacteristic dropped balls, bad throws, etc, with a defense that couldn't stop anything.

Its okay for one person to have a bad game, but the whole team on one night....what are the odds? This wasn't Bama's fault. This wasn't the coach's fault. This wasn't the Receivers fault, nor Tua, nor the Defense. This was something bigger than everyone on the field, bigger than everyone watching.

Many of us felt down 7 that Tua was fixing to go into his Heisman Moment, 2018, comeback style finish. Especially since the defense started making MUCH NEEDED STOPS! But Tua has already benefited from this stage - through faith, less than a year ago. This night had been written for Jalen. On a 1st and 10 play, only down 7, with momentum...Tua goes down after 300+ pound Jonah Williams steps on his ankle.

In steps Jalen Hurts - with the stage set for an epic repeat of last year's situation. Jalen answers the call. ON SPEAKER PHONE!!! I argued once, Jalen was more of an athlete than a true passing QB, but I have NEVER once said he wasn't a PLAY MAKER! I sit here today proudly saying, I AM PUTTING some respect on Jalen Hurts name. And I hope he continues to improve as a pocket passer, which was my only knock against him.

Jalen, your story of obvious faith - like Tua - has inspired me in many ways. Thank you for contribution on making us the 2018 SEC CHAMPIONS. Whether you stay or leave, your story and name is cemented in Alabama History forever. Much Love. Coach P, aka John Doe, aka Coach Uce (Honorary Uso)."

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

Man this narrative drives me ape shat. Name a school that consistently puts out NFL starting QB’s. Michigan? Purdue? Wisconsin ? I’ll wait.

I'd guess the percentage of programs that have more than one quarterback still in the NFL is in the single digits....kinda like their championships.

Man this narrative drives me ape shat. Name a school that consistently puts out NFL starting QB’s. Michigan? Purdue? Wisconsin ? I’ll wait.
USC. Or do you mean good NFL QBs?

That still wouldn't stop me from drafting a USC QB, because it's a ridiculous concept.

Back
Top Bottom