Tua Tagovailoa Qb Alabama. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa Qb Alabama.

Tua is looking damn good tonight. On point accurate, moving well in the pocket.

That TD pass to Ruggs was a damn dime.
I hope to see more Tua at Hard Rock stadium in the future.

Last edited:
Good luck with that. Family wants him to get his degree so you're looking at the 2021 draft and maybe 20 or more teams in the NFL who would all think HARD about taking him at #1 overall should they happen to be picking there. But I'm sure you can convince them to give up the pick with the right combination of Kiko Alonsos, Kenyan Drakes, and Devante Parkers.

He's now the all time FBS single season efficiency leader with a 205.19 rating.

Tua's updated season stats - 223/321 (69.5%), 3,671 yards, 41 TD's and 4 INT's - 205.19

The Georgia and Clemson games have hurt his draft stock for sure, there are now question marks about him. Where as before the SEC conf game, he was as "can't miss" as you could get. He needs a big season next year and he has to beat Lawrence if they meet in the Champ game again, then he'll go #1 for sure. But questions have certainly been raised. Having said that I would still have zero hesitation in picking him wherever we pick in round 1 in 2020 (assuming we've not fixed the QB position by then).

Kid needs to prove next year he’s not just a product of the system. He has all the intangibles of a star at the qb position just needs to build on it in 2019. Let’s not forget this was really his 1st year playing the whole season.

Kid needs to prove next year he’s not just a product of the system. He has all the intangibles of a star at the qb position just needs to build on it in 2019. Let’s not forget this was really his 1st year playing the whole season.

Not trying to be antagonistic here at all but when you've been beaten by a true freshman, who lets face looked way more of a "can't miss" than Tua did, that one year starting excuse is a little hard to hear. Don't get me wrong I would still love me some Tua in Aqua, Orange and White, there was a throw in the 4th quarter where he scrambled on the run and threw it perfectly for his wideout that typfies his ability. Still #1 pick next year, and hopefully he's learned a few things in this and the Georgia game, incredible to think he had only thrown 2 Ints prior to then.

Clemson:
Scoring Defense - 1st
Rushing Defense - 4th
Passing Defense - 24th
Total Defense - 5th
Opponents 1st Downs Allowed - 3rd
Opponents 3rd Down Conversion % - 6th
Opponents RedZone Conversion % - 4th
Sacks - 1st
TFL's - 1st
TD Passes Allowed - 5th
Opponents QB Completion % - 10th
Opposing QB Rating Allowed - 15th
Opponents Yards/Play Allowed - 2nd

Mississippi State:
Scoring Defense - 2nd
Rushing Defense - 2nd
Passing Defense - 7th
Total Defense - 1st
Opponents 1st Downs Allowed - 8th
Opponents 3rd Down Conversion % - 3rd
Opponents RedZone Conversion % - 8th
Sacks - 12th
TFL's - 11th
TD Passes Allowed - 1st
Opponents QB Completion % - 23rd
Opposing QB Rating Allowed - 2nd
Opponents Yards/Play Allowed - 1st

Tua faced both of the top 2 overall defenses in the country.

Georgia, Auburn, LSU, and Texas A&M all also rank anywhere from 3rd to 58th in almost all of these categories. Other teams he faced like Missouri, UL-Lafayette, and Arkansas St. also rank in the top 25 of many of these defensive categories.

Few people realize it, but no other quarterback in the country faced anywhere near the caliber of defenses that Tua faced in 2018, and wasn't healthy for half of 'em. He may even be my top underclassman quarterback for 2020.

Hell I want people to sleep on him so He becomes a Dolphin. Let em all salivate for Lawrence, who does warrant the salivation, but I really love Tua and how he conducts himself and plays the game.

I’m a Clemson homer to the max, and they beat him up in the Natty. But...:

Tua is still a hell of a qb prospect. Tua is still got all the intangibles you salivate over for that spot. Getting beat by Clemson in that setting in 2019 isn’t bad for a kid. He threw some absolutely beautiful passes in that game.

I’d take him #1 without hesitation if Miami was lucky enough. This is my thoughts for how much I LOVE Sunshine too, but Miami is going to be 0-16 bad in 2021. Get Tua and let’s win as many games as we can for the next decade. It’s not going to surprise me at all to see those 2 kids that just played in the national championship game meet in NFL championships either.

Hell I want people to sleep on him so He becomes a Dolphin. Let em all salivate for Lawrence, who does warrant the salivation, but I really love Tua and how he conducts himself and plays the game.

NFL teams aren’t media hacks. They see the all world talent the kid has. Hopefully Grier sees it too and puts all the chips to get that kid.

Back
Top Bottom