Tua Tagovailoa seems to have the late game heroics gene | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa seems to have the late game heroics gene

and yet we will never know what Tua may have done against the Broncos after Flores pulled him. I know he wasnt playing well, But I was really wanting to see how he played in crunch time. That was one of the reasons why I disagreed with Flores benching Tua in those late games. Tua needed the NFL experience of close game crunch time. And he may have excelled in those moments. If Flores wanted Tua to start and get experience then he needs the FULL experience.
IMO it was simply a poor situation for him. I saw the Denver and Raider's games as games where we came in expecting certain defensive looks and got different ones. We struggled to run and pass. Those teams just seemed to know what we were going to do. You can overcome that bad preparation with good adjustments and an experienced QB and receiving group, but not with an inexperienced QB and receiving group and a system that doesn't allow your QB to check out of bad calls. In college Tua showed that he had some pretty natural instincts, kind of what you saw with Marino early on. But those instincts can only show themselves if the QB is given enough latitude and trust.

and yet we will never know what Tua may have done against the Broncos after Flores pulled him. I know he wasnt playing well, But I was really wanting to see how he played in crunch time. That was one of the reasons why I disagreed with Flores benching Tua in those late games. Tua needed the NFL experience of close game crunch time. And he may have excelled in those moments. If Flores wanted Tua to start and get experience then he needs the FULL experience.
The Broncos game I agreed with 100% because he was getting ragdolled.

at the time, i thought it was 100% to protect him from injury (and said so on this forum, probably in the gameday thread. i might have even said "get him out of there" before he was pulled, lol).

the raiders game was more of a "trying to get a spark and win the game because we are still in playoff hunt."

I obviously want him to succeed but OP running down Dan Marino for not winning a SB means his take on anything is built on shaky foundations for me

just as much as I defend Tua from the haters saying it’s too soon to discredit him, on the flip side it’s too soon to start saying he’s got this gene or that gene.

Tua still hasn’t done anything yet and gets lauded while Dan Marino got panned, bias much?

I obviously want him to succeed but OP running down Dan Marino for not winning a SB means his take on anything is built on shaky foundations for me

just as much as I defend Tua from the haters saying it’s too soon to discredit him, on the flip side it’s too soon to start saying he’s got this gene or that gene.

Tua still hasn’t done anything yet and gets lauded while Dan Marino got panned, bias much?
Dan Marino is my favorite player of all time.

He had the clutch gene in spades.

Tua still has everything to prove, and all I can say is i feel he has that gene too.

i haven't had that feeling with a fins QB since Danny.

I had it last year.

I have to say I think Tua will succeed snd its nice to have that feeling. I just question any Fin fan who can think badly of Dan Marino. Are u for real, basically l...

This is op’s thread so I’m not hijacking it, it’s a thread about Tua.

Winning a National Championship in OT as a true freshman, holding the safety before firing a 50 yard dime to a WR crossing the goal line on 2nd and 27 is kinda doing something.

Anyone evaluate my boy Dan base on how many SB he won, is not worth replying.

Back
Top Bottom