****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 156 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tua playing for the Lyons is bad situation from the injury point of view too, playing on a hard turf instead of natural grass and warm weather.

i hope everyone remembered to buy your Tua cards for valentines day? Grier's better look like this

chooseyou_card_1.jpg

It's still ignorance. Tua isn't a running QB in any sense of the word.
I think he will be smart enough to establish his legs as a threat to a defense..so I do consider him a dual threat Qb, especially factoring in his hi level escapability.

Sorry for not making the snark more clear.

Mahomes is clearly one of the best, possibly the best, QB in the league today -- and nobody except KC saw that coming. So what does the phrase generational talent really mean when the guy who is clearly heads and shoulders above almost everyone wasn't seen as such? Hindsight is so damned easy, foresight on the other hand...

On the flip side, when was the has the last "generational talent" coming out of the draft at #1 actually panned out as such? Looking back a couple of years at the number 1 pick QB's -- because one would think that a obvious generational talent, well being obvious, would go #1 for sure :
Mayfield: runs hot and cold -- not generational
Goff -- oh please
Winston -- runs hot and cold -- not generational
Luck -- Damn good QB, but didn't change the game -- not generational
Newton -- on paper, looked like he might be, but his stats and record say otherwise
Vick
Manning (the good one) -- and we get all the way to 1998 to find a candidate that lived up to the billing

At least for me, the phrase "generational talent" when it's applied to a QB in the draft means some people had an opinion and hindsight suggests that they were almost always wrong. So using the phrase to justify "taking making any trade necessary to get your guy" is just a way to say "I really, really, really want that person" and doesn't add much to the conversation about how to value the cost of the trade.

'' I have no hesitation on Mahomes, I'd take him # 1 overall if I needed a QB and I had the pick, he is the next brett farve and more, I would of taken him #1 overall after his sophmore year, future Mvp of the league.''

Lets get Tua.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom