****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 157 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been watching some old drafts on YouTube. In 2006 we took Jason Allen with our Rd1 pick. He had hurt his hip in college and there was some talk about if he would recover fully. They referenced the Bo Jackson injury comparison.

We still took him. Obviously CB not as important as QB and we have a different FO and owner now. I just found it interesting that we liked a player way back then and were not put off by his injuries.

I can’t remember Allen with the Fins. Anybody remember is he was any good?

I have been watching some old drafts on YouTube. In 2006 we took Jason Allen with our Rd1 pick. He had hurt his hip in college and there was some talk about if he would recover fully. They referenced the Bo Jackson injury comparison.

We still took him. Obviously CB not as important as QB and we have a different FO and owner now. I just found it interesting that we liked a player way back then and were not put off by his injuries.

I can’t remember Allen with the Fins. Anybody remember is he was any good?

Saban couldnt find a steady position for the kid. Kept switching him between safety and corner. Really ended up being a wasted pick.

I'm just curious, because frankly, the only negatives I've seen about Tua have been on this site.

You have to understand it has nothing to do with Tua or his ability.

That's mostly coming from posters that hate Nick Saban, or Ohio St. fans that can't stand Alabama quarterbacks but will try to push any and every Buckeye quarterback that takes a snap, enters the Heisman race, and doesn't have NFL capabilities on you. Some people just don't like Alabama or guys that paint crosses on their face. Kev made reference to this a long time ago and it makes sense. Or some combination of all these.

I was told you just have to know your audience.

Anyone have links to any analysts stating that Tua isnt worth taking at or before the 5th pick in the draft?

I'm just curious, because frankly, the only negatives I've seen about Tua have been on this site.

Lol, So you've visited all the sites and this is the ONLY one, huh?

You have to understand it has nothing to do with Tua or his ability.

That's mostly coming from posters that hate Nick Saban, or Ohio St. fans that can't stand Alabama quarterbacks but will try to push any and every Buckeye quarterback that takes a snap, enters the Heisman race, and doesn't have NFL capabilities on you. Some people just don't like Alabama or guys that paint crosses on their face. Kev made reference to this a long time ago and it makes sense. Or some combination of all these.

I was told you just have to know your audience.

Probably accurate to some degree.
But that's also true of a lot of people in general.
Tua doesn't hold some special distinction in that regard.

Also, i'm pretty sure you're blemishing that preception too.

Probably accurate to some degree.
But that's also true of a lot of people in general.
Tua doesn't hold some special distinction in that regard.

Also, i'm pretty sure you're blemishing that preception too.

I don't think so.

Everyone has biases, but it takes a certain amount of discipline to not let your biases affect the way you evaluate football players. Very few people are able to obtain that level of discipline in thought.

I don't think so.

Everyone has biases, but it takes a certain amount of discipline to not let your biases affect the way you evaluate football players. Very few people are able to obtain that level of discipline in thought.

Tua and his family seem like decent people.
But i think it's critical, in general, to remember these are still people.
Albeit in Tua's case one with a unique talent.
I think when you combine that with his reported upbringing and reported family dynamics it opens the door to boarderline reverance that attempts to transcend.

There are also biases out there towards players that don't wear crosses on their faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom