****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 162 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say it won't hit that many replies. Maybe it will. Maybe it will not. Depends on if we draft Tua or not. Just told him to worry about the thread size in regards biggest thread on FH when it hits 39-40k. I am basing that on the "Anything" thread. Not sure if there was another thread which had more replies than that one though.

Personally I think this thread will only make it up to that level if we draft Tua and this thread stays in the Main over the years. If not you "only" have to add 550 posts/day until April 23.

We know you got this thread on speed dial to be moved if and when the time comes

We know you got this thread on speed dial to be moved if and when the time comes
:lol:
I really don't. If you go by me jokingly referring to another poster's post about that - nah, it was a joke. I may not even be logged on for draft day. This thread has very low priority to me on draft day.

:lol:
I really don't. If you go by me jokingly referring to another poster's post about that - nah, it was a joke. I may not even be logged on for draft day. This thread has very low priority to me on draft day.

Why low priority? Its literally the most important decision one way or the other? We either get Tua or we get another QB. The most important player on the team.

sorry for checkin in late to the tua super thread. just looking to be directed to the page where y'all talk about his last 3 big games vs lsu, clemson and georgia, where he completed 53% of his passes with 7td and 5int and a pick six. thanks. asking for a friend.

*if he was already excused from these performances due to injury, my apologies.

sorry for checkin in late to the tua super thread. just looking to be directed to the page where y'all talk about his last 3 big games vs lsu, clemson and georgia, where he completed 53% of his passes with 7td and 5int and a pick six. thanks. asking for a friend.

I mean I knew it wasn't stellar but did not know it was that bad.

Well, they were better than a healthy Justin Herbert’s last two big games against Wisconsin and Auburn. He couldn’t pass the ball against Wisconsin. Had to turn him into a running back to score any points.

By the way - Tua threw 9 TD’s & 5 INT’s in those three games. Jeudy dropped two against LSU.

My question to all the Tua backers on this forum is, if you were willing for the Dolphins to, “tank for a Tua” exactly why do you think the teams drafting before the Dolphins should pass on drafting him? Stafford has never been able to lead the Lions past the first round of the playoffs and the team has been mediocre under his leadership. I understand he has a large cap number if they trade him but they could always draft Tua and let him sit out and heal completely and trade Stafford after the 2020 season.

The argument that the HC and GM must make the playoffs next season or they will be fired is ridiculous. Detroit will be lucky to win 6 games next season no matter who they pick at 3 and they are not going to make the playoffs. So they might as well accept that they are not a good team and go ahead and select Tua as their QB of the future.

Personally I don’t think a healthy Tua should even get to the 3rd pick. The Redskins have a new head coach and GM and they were not there when Haskins was selected last year. If given a choice between Haskins and Tua, I have no doubt the consensus pick would be Tua by most followers of football. So it really makes little sense for the Redskins to bypass Tua in the draft if he is cleared to play football again. He could sit out until he is ready to play and the Redskins could trade Haskins after the 2020 season.

Last but not least we have the New York Giants. Why Jones was drafted in the first round last year is a complete mystery to me. Having watched several Giants games this past season, I just don’t see Jones being anything more than a lower tier starter or an eventual backup in the NFL. Even Tua with a bad hip would be better than Jones and the expectation is Tua will not have a bad hip for much longer. With a brand new coaching staff in New York, the HC is not in a win now situation. So drafting Tua if he is there at 4 would make total sense because they would be vastly improving their QB position for the future If Tua can stay healthy.

My expectation is if the Dolphins want to draft Tua it will cost them all three of their first round draft picks and they will have to move up to the 2nd pick. Because I just don’t see Tua lasting to the 5th pick if the doctors clear him to play before the draft. Personally I would hate to see the Dolphins give up three first round picks for any player because they have so many other needs and I do worry about how long Tua will last in the NFL injury wise. If he can stay healthy, Tua can be a top tier QB in the NFL for years to come. It is just his ability to stay healthy that scares me and causes me to not to want the Dolphins to give up multiple first round picks to draft him.

People are comparing him to Russel Wilson, I honestly have no idea if he dislocated his hip but if so doesn't he face the same risk for the seahawks? I'm pretty sure if you asked the seahawks to move on from Wilson next season because of a nagging hip injury pete carroll would spit his gum in your face.

To me this kid is so talented on the field Its worth the risk in my view..

Russell Wilson has been durable...Tua has not...apples and oranges.

My question to all the Tua backers on this forum is, if you were willing for the Dolphins to, “tank for a Tua” exactly why do you think the teams drafting before the Dolphins should pass on drafting him? Stafford has never been able to lead the Lions past the first round of the playoffs and the team has been mediocre under his leadership. I understand he has a large cap number if they trade him but they could always draft Tua and let him sit out and heal completely and trade Stafford after the 2020 season.

The argument that the HC and GM must make the playoffs next season or they will be fired is ridiculous. Detroit will be lucky to win 6 games next season no matter who they pick at 3 and they are not going to make the playoffs. So they might as well accept that they are not a good team and go ahead and select Tua as their QB of the future.

Personally I don’t think a healthy Tua should even get to the 3rd pick. The Redskins have a new head coach and GM and they were not there when Haskins was selected last year. If given a choice between Haskins and Tua, I have no doubt the consensus pick would be Tua by most followers of football. So it really makes little sense for the Redskins to bypass Tua in the draft if he is cleared to play football again. He could sit out until he is ready to play and the Redskins could trade Haskins after the 2020 season.

Last but not least we have the New York Giants. Why Jones was drafted in the first round last year is a complete mystery to me. Having watched several Giants games this past season, I just don’t see Jones being anything more than a lower tier starter or an eventual backup in the NFL. Even Tua with a bad hip would be better than Jones and the expectation is Tua will not have a bad hip for much longer. With a brand new coaching staff in New York, the HC is not in a win now situation. So drafting Tua if he is there at 4 would make total sense because they would be vastly improving their QB position for the future If Tua can stay healthy.

My expectation is if the Dolphins want to draft Tua it will cost them all three of their first round draft picks and they will have to move up to the 2nd pick. Because I just don’t see Tua lasting to the 5th pick if the doctors clear him to play before the draft. Personally I would hate to see the Dolphins give up three first round picks for any player because they have so many other needs and I do worry about how long Tua will last in the NFL injury wise. If he can stay healthy, Tua can be a top tier QB in the NFL for years to come. It is just his ability to stay healthy that scares me and causes me to not to want the Dolphins to give up multiple first round picks to draft him.

I don’t think those teams should pass on him - if he’s able to demonstrate that he can do the things he’s used to doing at the same level as prior to the hip injury.

Relax, it’s doubtful Miami will draft Tua or trade all their 1st round picks for him.

Grier would have no picks to blow on duds if they did that.

I don’t think those teams should pass on him - if he’s able to demonstrate that he can do the things he’s used to doing at the same level as prior to the hip injury.

Relax, it’s doubtful Miami will draft Tua or trade all their 1st round picks for him.

Grier would have no picks to blow on duds if they did that.

I doubt we are getting Tua as well, especially with Burrow refusing to say outright he would play for the bengals.. Its not a good sign and its possible Tua goes first overall to the Bengals or to whatever team the bengals are willing to shop that pick.

Its going to be a crazy few months to the april draft, So much is changing in just the short time we have been hyping it up.

Mwestberry already asked this question several pages back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom