****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 184 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: IF the Detroit Lions are sold on Tua at 3, they aren't trading the pick to Miami. And if they are willing to trade the pick to Miami, then they never were sold on taking him at three.

If Miami is trades with Detroit at 3, it isn't to keep the Lions from taking him....because the Lions will pick him there if they are sold on him. If the Dolphins are trading with the Lions, it's to prevent someone else from jumping up and trading ahead of them to pick him. At that point you have to examine who is closely behind the Dolphins to move up and what they could offer. The Chargers have the 6th pick but don't pick again until 37 and have no other round 2 picks. Miami's 5th and 39th picks alone are worth the Chargers 6th and 37th and I'm not sure the Lions would take the 6th and 37th picks for the third anyway. The Colts need a QB but don't pick until 13th and don't have the draft capitol. Carolina picks 7th and will have a make a decision on whether to retain Cam Newton or look elsewhere....but again, they don't have the draft capitol.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of great fits trade wise for the Lions and IMO Matthew Stafford isn't the issue with Detroit. A better organization can win with a Matthew Stafford. Philadelphia certainly did.
Teams can always offer future draft picks. Yes, we have the most to offer this year, but any of those teams can offer a 2021 1st rounder or more. This may end up in a bidding war for whoever is willing to move down

I finally heard Tua talk for the 1st time in an interview for the combine and man I really want him to be our QB now. He is very media ready and well spoken and comes across as a leader of men. Could be our Russell Wilson (probably a long shot though as we ended up winning too many games but you never know).

Welcome to the cult Padawan. You will make friends here

More than that, Mike Brown doesn’t care about winning. He cares about money. Joe Burrow will sell more tickets and merchandise due to the hype and the whole home town hero thing. That’s all that matters to him. I’d put the chances of Tua going to Cincinnati extremely low.
:lol:

:bobdole:

Teams can always offer future draft picks. Yes, we have the most to offer this year, but any of those teams can offer a 2021 1st rounder or more. This may end up in a bidding war for whoever is willing to move down
They could, but a current year's 1st round pick is still more valuable than future picks.

"Tom Brady's hand span measures 9.38 inches. Contrary to popular belief, Tom Brady's hand span is pretty average for his height. Former quarterback, Chris Simms, stands at the same height as Brady but has a hand span of 10.50 inches which is huge."

Can we end the hand size crap please?
Tom Brady also fumbles a lot when he's hit. Granted, it doesn't really matter much because he gets the ball out so fast, but it's still a thing, albeit a small thing.

I'm just waiting for the day Tua comes out with avideo showing him doing Dak Prescott's hip warm up drill followed by a back flip. When he does I can't imagine the orgasmic responses that will show up here.

I’m sure they will be releasing some video prior to that pro day. Strategically of course

You apparently know absolutely nothing about Mike Brown, so I don't see what's funny.
It is a ridiculous notion that Burrow would sell more tickets than Tua just because Burrow is from Ohio.
There is no "hometown" advantage when you move to the NFL. If Tua is all that and he has no health issue and Zac Taylor says I want Tua then they will draft Tua. The fanbase would eat up Tua or Burrow disregarding any hometown issues. The Bengals will have a merchandise and ticket problem if they pick a punter at #1 but not with Tua or Burrow.

“Have you met witb the dolphins?”

“not yet but I’m sure I will be”

Translation: I know they interested

you can bet someone’s already gotten in that kids ear

“Have you met witb the dolphins?”

“not yet but I’m sure I will be”

Translation: I know they interested

you can bet someone’s already gotten in that kids ear
As many crossover events the Dolphins brass has been at where Tua or his people are at...

Shhhiiiiiiit...They already sent him real estate info...

"Tom Brady's hand span measures 9.38 inches. Contrary to popular belief, Tom Brady's hand span is pretty average for his height. Former quarterback, Chris Simms, stands at the same height as Brady but has a hand span of 10.50 inches which is huge."

Can we end the hand size crap please?
Burrow 9 not 9.38

who the bleep cares about Chris Simms

Hands make a Big difference in a wet or cold climate - it is about ball security

Not just tossing it

Hand size may be ridiculous to some but there is a reason they measure this stuff, it isnt some joke by the NFL. It is another data point in player analysis. And because it is a data point for a particular player you really cannot compare people 1 for 1.

Mahomes came to Burrow's defense, but not only are his hands bigger he is one of the strongest arms NFL history. People claim the wonderlic is a joke, and always go to.... well Marino got a low grade so it doesn't matter. Dan had the best feet in the league and possibly the quickest release in history along with a rocket attached to his shoulder.

So the individual measurement might not mean a lot until you pair it with all the other data points, all the examples people use for some of these tests being ridiculous have all time elite talent elsewhere that covered up the less than desirable element. In Burrow's case he doesn't have a huge arm, his release isnt some epic show and while a good athlete he isnt some quick twitch monster. So does he have other tools to overcome? Can he process fast and get it out so he doesn't take hits? Got to wait and see. Many of his greatest qualities go with his intangibles, his physical tools overall are not in the elite of this class let alone the league. Just because something wasn't an issue in college doesn't mean it cannot become one once you get to the NFL and the environments get harsher (especially than the SEC) plus the level of athlete jumps tremendously. Example, Baker was very accurate and wasn't really careless with the ball in college, in 4 years he threw 30 Ints and had something like a 4.5:1 TD/INT ratio. In 29 pro games he has 35 ints. Another, Chris Carson had I think 1 fumble in his time at OK State and has fumbled an average of 5 times a year in the NFL I think he lead the league for RBs last year actually.

And since this is a Tua thread here is his part...

So people clamor about size; you need a big body at QB, well Tua is 6'. But what does he have that's elite to overcome his size? His pre snap ability, his incredible processing speed and quick decision making, his ability to use his body to manipulate defenders, his ability to feel pressure and slide in the pocket, along with world class accuracy and ball placement at all 3 levels. So yes I would say due to this his size is a non factor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom