****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are comparing him to Russel Wilson, I honestly have no idea if he dislocated his hip but if so doesn't he face the same risk for the seahawks? I'm pretty sure if you asked the seahawks to move on from Wilson next season because of a nagging hip injury pete carroll would spit his gum in your face.

To me this kid is so talented on the field Its worth the risk in my view..

I can see the comparison. But, off the top of my head, Wilson has never had an injury like this. I’d take Tua at 5 but not trade up.

Do you know how far along he is in his hip recovery and if he has any idea what NFL team will draft him?

Everyone who keeps comparing Galu to Lavar Ball or says he will be a problem has no clue what they are talking about. First off Galu is there to support his son and help him make the best business decision like you said, not an emotional one. People who don't understand Hawaii or their culture struggle with the family aspect as people are extremely connected to their family over there. The idea Galu is pushing is that he is trying to help Tua learn how to make the best decisions for his life but also to be there to make sure he doesn't fall too much (which would be him coming back to school instead of entering the draft). He wants to teach Tua (who is still a kid) the process and way to think and make the best decisions for himself. And ultimately when he has a family to learn to teach his kids the same thing.

I've spent a lot of my life in Hawaii and understand their culture and being treated the same because of how I look and this mindset is more common than not in HI.

I’ve never stepped foot in Hawaii - but I find it difficult to believe any of this would need to be explained to anyone who is a parent. Nowadays there are lots of people that don’t come from a family oriented background. Which is a culture foreign to me personally.

Family is a big thing in the south, which is why Tua and his family felt like they fit in here coming from Hawaii. Faith, family, football. Just the way it is ‘roun here.

I don’t know how Tua and his family would be accepted by, or embrace a place such as Miami. I don’t really know the culture that well, but I know it’s different from Hawaii or Tuscaloosa.

I don’t know where he’s at with his hip - all I know is he met with a doctor in NY that deals with the NFL. He has more checkups scheduled at certain intervals. That’s all I know. But something tells me he got some good news.

I’ve never stepped foot in Hawaii - but I find it difficult to believe any of this would need to be explained to anyone who is a parent. Nowadays there are lots of people that don’t come from a family oriented background. Which is a culture foreign to me personally.

Family is a big thing in the south, which is why Tua and his family felt like they fit in here coming from Hawaii. Faith, family, football. Just the way it is ‘roun here.

I don’t know how Tua and his family would be accepted by, or embrace a place such as Miami. I don’t really know the culture that well, but I know it’s different from Hawaii or Tuscaloosa.

I don’t know where he’s at with his hip - all I know is he met with a doctor in NY that deals with the NFL. He has more checkups scheduled at certain intervals. That’s all I know. But something tells me he got some good news.

Well I think nowadays most people are disconnected from their family/parents to a certain degree. But my point is that you don't need that explained but a lot of the posters on this site that think Galu is going to be a nightmare to deal with need that explained to them.

I'm not sure any of those 4 cities before The Dolphins pick are good for him to go to. Detroit, Washington, and Cinici would be 3 of the worst places he could go.

How do you feel about Tua being coached by Flores?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think nowadays most people are disconnected from their family/parents to a certain degree. But my point is that you don't need that explained but a lot of the buffoons on this site that think Galu is going to be a nightmare to deal with need that explained to them.

I'm not sure any of those 4 cities before The Dolphins pick are good for him to go to. Detroit, Washington, and Cinici would be 3 of the worst places he could go.

How do you feel about Tua being coached by Flores?

Part of the problem with some of these players that are in the league - no matter how talented they might be - just underachieve and don’t do very well. Nobody can really figure out why.

You just wonder sometimes if they have any type of foundation to draw from when things are tough. Whether it be faith or family - just something to draw inspiration from. Anything. I believe some just may not have anything. And I’m here to tell you it matters. Especially if the coach can’t reach you.

I don't understand why anyone wants him now that he has a broken hip. My grandma has zero broken hips, she's probably in better shape.

Part of the problem with some of these players that are in the league - no matter how talented they might be - just underachieve and don’t do very well. Nobody can really figure out why.

You just wonder sometimes if they have any type of foundation to draw from when things are tough. Whether it be faith or family - just something to draw inspiration from. Anything. I believe some just may not have anything. And I’m here to tell you it matters. Especially if the coach can’t reach you.
Regarding your other post about it being a difficult decision, I don't really see how it would have been if he was going to miss next year because of a Hip..

If thats the case i feel even better about his medical, if he was having a tough time leaving it must be because he had some chance of playing in 2020.. I just assumed he would miss next season and play for bama in 2021 which would have been a disaster for him financially..

Does anyone else believe that this front office is all in on tua?

I think its a slam dunk for this franchise, We have a one year teacher mentor in Fitzpatrick and frankly if these scouts can evaluate anything they should notice Tua is a special prospect on the field.. I've said before his freshman and sophmore year I didn't like Tua, Thought he was a scrambler who didn't really make great reads just winged it mostly and lived off deep balls..

This season I've watched him run bama's offense like a surgeon, Looking at multiple reads on most throws, showing great accuracy all around the field not just on deep throws. He also has a natural pocket awarness but he isn't a run first guy.. I've said before his game reminds me of steve young whom i think is one of the top 5 QB's of alltime in my book.

cute meme btw

I'm all aboard the Tua train. It's aggravating that we'll likely have to trade up to #3 just to ensure getting him but I believe he's our answer at QB so picks be damned.

I'm gonna buy his jersey the minute his number is announced.

The question nobody has answered me yet is: if Tua is the next best thing since sliced bread why would the Bengals pass on him and settle for the "horrible and awful" Burrow?
Burrows isn't a horrible PROSPECT .In fact he proved he belonged at the top of the draft with his play this season.He ran a pro style offense in the toughest conference the SEC and he dominated.He took home the Heisman and rightfully so .His TD to INT ratio was top notch and his receiving core wasn't half as good as Tua's.We will see him crush the combine this year and he should win the National Championship.He doesn't have the injury concern that Tua has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom