****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 211 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
More on this from the Sun Sentinel

"
Dolphins coach Brian Flores is spearheading a stealthy operation with regards to the franchise’s thoughts and movements throughout the upcoming draft and free agency, and does not want the result of Miami’s meetings to divulge any of the team’s intentions.

Also, Flores has also been known to create adversity in a variety of ways to see how players respond in an effort to gauge their character and mental toughness, which could have been a tactic he used to test Tagovailoa during their first meeting together."

Coach Flo, likes to keep it to the vest..

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...0200228-glhruktwpba2zdszgso3wc34hu-story.html

Yep! They've run a tighter ship than we've seen in years and all of a sudden something this important leaks? Come on!
If Tua's serious about the Dolphins why would he leak something like this?
Also, Flo/Grier and one maybe 2 other people would have been in that room during the interview. Why would they leak that to the media?

It's all possible it's true. But i'm betting this is defintely a mis-direct.

Yep! They've run a tighter ship that we've seen in years and all of a sudden something this important leaks? Come on!
If Tua's serious about the Dolphins why would he leak something like this?
Also, Flo/Grier and one maybe 2 other person would have been the only ones in that room during the interview. Why would they leak that to the media?

It's all possible it's true. But i'm betting this is defintely a mis-direct.
The flaw in that theory is you are crediting them with running a tight ship, then accusing them of a leak, when it was, in fact, the Tua camp that was the source of the leak.

If you are purporting that it was some kind of coordinated collusion between Tua's agent, and the Dolphins, I highly doubt that. It would be nearly impossible to keep a lid on that type of backroom deal.

Why is it so hard to believe it is what it seems to be?

I really can't see how such a leak could benifit the Dolphins.

If they are trading up, they aren't fooling anyone anyway. I can't see how it could possibly affect another teams desire to trade up for him. Even if we take Herbert instead, Tua isn't likely dropping past #7.

I just dont see any upside for the Phins.

Am I missing something obvious?

anybody that we try to trade up with KNOWS its going to be for QB. and everyone behind us knows we want the QB1. I get the mindset, But Detroit isnt going to say "OK, you can keep the 26 and just give us a 2nd rounder instead since yall dont really want tua"
A second is big next to a third is all

Nobody said that Tua failed the interview. It was simply not to "his expectations". What did he expect? That they welcome him with open arms? Have some cake and coffee? Chat about the good old days?
The Dolphins do their due diligence. Nothing is written in stone one way or another. The "coldness" is nothing but professionalism. That kid better starts realizing that he is entering the NFL. Nobody is handing him anything.

My goodness the draft cannot come soon enough.

A second is big next to a third is all
I don't think that was Crump's point.

Feining disinterest is not likely going to change Washington or Detroits asking price. In fact, unless we make some absurd offer, a team like tge Raiders, for example, would have to pay a higher price anyway, as they are moving a lot more than a couple spots.

I don't think that was Crump's point.

Feining disinterest is not likely going to change Washington or Detroits asking price. In fact, unless we make some absurd offer, a team like tge Raiders, for example, would have to pay a higher price anyway, as they are moving a lot more than a couple spots.
It does if you can make a case for Love and Herbert over 2 months - this is poker season

The flaw in that theory is you are crediting them with running a tight ship, then accusing them of a leak, when it was, in fact, the Tua camp that was the source of the leak.

If you are purporting that it was some kind of coordinated collusion between Tua's agent, and the Dolphins, I highly doubt that. It would be nearly impossible to keep a lid on that type of backroom deal.

If they are trading up, they aren't fooling anyone anyway. I can't see how it could possibly affect another teams desire to trade up for him. Even if we take Herbert instead, Tua isn't likely dropping past #7.

So Tua's camp that based on reports only wants to play for the Dolphins is going to leak that?
Really?

How in the world is that going to help Tua's camp?

So Tua's camp that based on reports only wants to play for the Dolphins is going to leak that?
Really?

How in the world is that going to help Tua's camp?
I don't see how it helps, or hurts for that matter, either party.

From everything I've read, the comment did not come from the Dolphin organization. It came from Tua. Is that in dispute?

The thing I find odd, is that the Phins interview process would be all that much different than any other team.

I don't see how it helps, or hurts for that matter, either party.

From everything I've read, the comment did not come from the Dolphin organization. It came from Tua. Is that in dispute?

The thing I find odd, is that the Phins interview process would be all that much different than any other team.

Yes it absolutely matters if it came from his camp.
Of course this is assuming it's true and not part of smoke job.

This could potentially be theirlong term fanchise QB and he's potentially leaking information because he and his camp didn't like how things went?

Listen, the entire thing is a job interview and saying your future employeers are DicK$ is never a good look.

I just dont see how this thing benifits anyone TBH... Thats why I think its a very weird article... It doesnt really make Tua look good, it doesnt make the Fins look any more/less likely to draft him... I mean the best comp I can come up with for this article is **** being thrown at/near/nowhere near a wall...

Come to think of it, this makes a lot more sense.

You say the price to move up is too much Love or Herbert would suffice at no cost of picks

There is a reason love wouldnt cost us any pics and we could get him at 5. He's tier 2 qb with Hebert. And I honestly think if someone trades up to 2 to get tua that we might see SD jump us for hebert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom