****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 265 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

I find it odd that Simms and others seem to be quick to point out that Tua had a lot of talent around him at Alabama, but somehow don't seem to note that he played against a lot of really good college defensive players. Year in, year out, Alabama plays against some really good teams.

I find it odd that Simms and others seem to be quick to point out that Tua had a lot of talent around him at Alabama, but somehow don't seem to note that he played against a lot of really good college defensive players. Year in, year out, Alabama plays against some really good teams.

You mean like:

1) Duke
2) New Mexico State
3) Southern Mississippi
4) West Carolina
etc

to name a few? Those "really good college" defensive players?

You mean like:

1) Duke
2) New Mexico State
3) Southern Mississippi
4) West Carolina
etc

He did say some. Yeah, they play a cupcake schedule compared to a lot of teams, but they do play a few decent teams each season.

You mean like:

1) Duke
2) New Mexico State
3) Southern Mississippi
4) West Carolina
etc

Still harder than a ACC schedule

Chris SImms released his QB rankings for the NFL Draft:

Simms’ Top Five Prospects: Joe Burrow (#1), Justin Herbert (#2), Jordan Love (#3), Tua Tagovailoa (#4), and Jacob Eason (#5)

“It’s the cleanest film I’ve ever seen from a college quarterback.” – Simms on Joe Burrow

“Being in the Top 10, it would scare me with Tua.” – Simms on teams looking to draft Tua Tagovailoa

“I think he’s got the best arm of any of these quarterbacks in this draft.” – Simms on Justin Herbert

“They can be superstar physical talents who I think can take over games.” – Simms on Herbert and Jordan Love

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 2

Here's the PFT video where Simms explains his rankings.

Your point was that somehow because Alabama sometimes plays cupcakes like everybody else in college football, all of a sudden that counters the original point that they play a hard schedule.

It doesn't.

Strength of schedule was a very small part of Simms reasoning. Rather, he is most doubtful about Tua's size, speed and awareness, which all combine to equal his escapability in the NFL. Will they translate successfully to the NFL?Given his attributes, will Tua use good judgement in protecting himself? Thus, preserving the major investment a team makes to take him in the top 5? I think Simms is absolutely correct that GMs must consider that.

Strength of schedule was a very small part of Simms reasoning. Rather, he is most doubtful about Tua's size, speed and awareness, which all combine to equal his escapability in the NFL. Will they translate successfully to the NFL?Given his attributes, will Tua use good judgement in protecting himself? Thus, preserving the major investment a team makes to take him in the top 5? I think Simms is absolutely correct that GMs must consider that.
I would consider it too, but after this injury I'd have to think that if he's even remotely intelligent it will happen.

I was waiting for him to make the contrast to a smaller QB that has been successful, R.Wilson. But that contrast never came. I'm going to assume his reason for why R.Wilson has been success and Tua would have a harder time are for the following reasons:

1) R.Wilson is a smarter QB in and out of the pocket. He simply knows how to avoid unnecessary hits.
2) R.Wilson has a stronger arm and can make just about any throw with ease.
3) R.Wilson coming into the league and throughout his career, thus far,doesn't have the injury history. He's been remarkable durable and iirc hasn't missed an NFL game.

Simms says that if injury wasn't a concern he'd be the number one pick, I think we all agree on that. Also seems that he is the next "fresh face" personality that is being pushed by the network, taking a controversial opinion is the fastest way for clicks (see Omar). And raw doggin' Jordan Love...

Last edited:
It just reaffirmation of what we already know. Tua is the best player in this draft.

All speculation as to who is better between Tua and Burrow, throw Herbert and Love in there to. What I am saying is there is no
Still harder than a ACC schedule

Yet the ACC churns out more NFL QB’s than the SEC for whatever that’s worth. Not to mention when Tua does face the better teams his stats are not as glowing. Struggles against UGA, Clemson, etc... too lazy to look up everything but put hm against what would considered like talent and he has been outshone and average.
I would consider it too, but after this injury I'd have to think that if he's even remotely intelligent it will happen.

Well you would have thought that after the 1st injury, the 2nd, the 3rd, the 4th, I mean you let two fat asses chase you to the sideline, throw the damn ball away! You are up 30! But all you hear is how great Tua is at processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom