****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m fine with Tua at 5, but clench my fist having to give up picks to move two spots to snag him with the hip injury. But if you’ve been following Miami this long you have to resort to taking the risk, how long can they go pushing back the QB problem. Enough already.

On July 27, 2013, Pitta suffered a dislocated and fractured hip during training camp and underwent surgery the same night. Pitta was not immediately placed on injured reserve and examinations of the hip revealed no ligament or cartilage damage, but he was still expected to miss the entire season.
On February 28, 2014, the Baltimore Ravens and Pitta agreed to a five-year $32 million contract. It was believed that Pitta would have a breakout 2014 campaign.
During a game against the Cleveland Browns on September 21, 2014, Pitta left the game with a hip injury. It was revealed that his right hip was dislocated again. He underwent surgery on the same hip the next day and it prematurely ended his 2014 season.[21] On September 1, 2015 Pitta was placed on the PUP list.
In 2016, Pitta announced that he was going to return to football whenever he was cleared to play. He resumed full practice on September 7, 2016 and played in the season opening game on September 11, 2016 in Baltimore where he had 3 receptions for 39 yards.[24] In Week 2 against the Cleveland Browns, Pitta had a game-high nine catches for 102 yards — the second 100-yard game of his career. On Pitta's return, Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco said, "If he was coming back, I knew he would be productive. Last year, when he came back for a couple of weeks of practice and they decided to not have him play, he looked good. He looked like himself. I think he's going to get more and more comfortable as the year goes on. We just have to keep him healthy." On December 4 against the Miami Dolphins, Pitta scored in a game for the first time since Week 14 of the 2013 season. Pitta finished the game with 9 catches for 90 yards and two touchdown receptions in the 38-6 victory. Pitta had statistically his best season, recording a career-high 86 receptions, most in the league by a tight end, and a career-high 729 yards, although he only caught two touchdown passes. Pitta also recorded his first career fumble during the game against Miami.
On June 2, 2017, Pitta suffered another hip injury during organized team activities on a non-contact play. It was later determine that he dislocated his hip for a third time. On June 7, Pitta was released by the Ravens.

Tua's injury is scary as hell!!

I'd rather swing and miss at a guy like Tua than go safe with our next QB. It would be great if he was there at 5, but I wouldn't be too upset to move up with the late 1st or early 2nd pick.

Love has a better NFL success rate than Herbert? On what planet? Herbert throws, runs, reads, recruited, and wins more than Love ever will. Love is a hope that will never happen! Swing and miss. How about swing and hit! This team has a lot of needs! They can solve a hell of a lot of problems with player ready talent that can play next season. But for once....I believe in the front office and coaching staff. So I am good with what they choose. I just hope they are as well.

Last edited:
The question nobody has answered me yet is: if Tua is the next best thing since sliced bread why would the Bengals pass on him and settle for the "horrible and awful" Burrow?

I haven't seen anyone say Burrow is bad or even not good.

+'s for Tua

- multiple years of elite/historic play
- significantly better career
- better arm talent
- younger

+'s for Burrow

- doesn't have Tua's injury concerns
- even better pocket manipulation
- can play Day 1

Ask anyone who pays attention, and they'll tell you that a longer track record of elite play absolutely matters. If Cincinnati wasn't coming off a 1-15 season, and if they weren't an aimless franchise with a terrible HC, I think Tua would be in play at #1. But, I don't see Cincinnati considering the big picture, especially with Burrow being the fan/media favorite + coming from Ohio.

I'd be happy with either for Miami, but I'd prefer Tua.

I’ve never stepped foot in Hawaii - but I find it difficult to believe any of this would need to be explained to anyone who is a parent. Nowadays there are lots of people that don’t come from a family oriented background. Which is a culture foreign to me personally.

Family is a big thing in the south, which is why Tua and his family felt like they fit in here coming from Hawaii. Faith, family, football. Just the way it is ‘roun here.

I don’t know how Tua and his family would be accepted by, or embrace a place such as Miami. I don’t really know the culture that well, but I know it’s different from Hawaii or Tuscaloosa.

I don’t know where he’s at with his hip - all I know is he met with a doctor in NY that deals with the NFL. He has more checkups scheduled at certain intervals. That’s all I know. But something tells me he got some good news.

Miami is a pretty diverse place but it obviously has a large Latin American culture which is very family oriented. Large, close knit families are very common with many generations living in the same household. My family comes from certain parts of Europe that hold the same type of values so I can appreciate it

On July 27, 2013, Pitta suffered a dislocated and fractured hip during training camp and underwent surgery the same night. Pitta was not immediately placed on injured reserve and examinations of the hip revealed no ligament or cartilage damage, but he was still expected to miss the entire season.
On February 28, 2014, the Baltimore Ravens and Pitta agreed to a five-year $32 million contract. It was believed that Pitta would have a breakout 2014 campaign.
During a game against the Cleveland Browns on September 21, 2014, Pitta left the game with a hip injury. It was revealed that his right hip was dislocated again. He underwent surgery on the same hip the next day and it prematurely ended his 2014 season.[21] On September 1, 2015 Pitta was placed on the PUP list.
In 2016, Pitta announced that he was going to return to football whenever he was cleared to play. He resumed full practice on September 7, 2016 and played in the season opening game on September 11, 2016 in Baltimore where he had 3 receptions for 39 yards.[24] In Week 2 against the Cleveland Browns, Pitta had a game-high nine catches for 102 yards — the second 100-yard game of his career. On Pitta's return, Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco said, "If he was coming back, I knew he would be productive. Last year, when he came back for a couple of weeks of practice and they decided to not have him play, he looked good. He looked like himself. I think he's going to get more and more comfortable as the year goes on. We just have to keep him healthy." On December 4 against the Miami Dolphins, Pitta scored in a game for the first time since Week 14 of the 2013 season. Pitta finished the game with 9 catches for 90 yards and two touchdown receptions in the 38-6 victory. Pitta had statistically his best season, recording a career-high 86 receptions, most in the league by a tight end, and a career-high 729 yards, although he only caught two touchdown passes. Pitta also recorded his first career fumble during the game against Miami.
On June 2, 2017, Pitta suffered another hip injury during organized team activities on a non-contact play. It was later determine that he dislocated his hip for a third time. On June 7, Pitta was released by the Ravens.

Tua's injury is scary as hell!!
You mean Pitta's injury is scary as hell.

The question nobody has answered me yet is: if Tua is the next best thing since sliced bread why would the Bengals pass on him and settle for the "horrible and awful" Burrow?

1. Tua injured his hip.

2. They're the Bengals.

Tua at 5 or no Tua at all.

This is the type of guy you take a risk on. His ceiling is through the roof.

Reactions: dha
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom