****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 301 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to read more of that article because this was in it as well.
“The doctor who conducted the physical was selected by NFL team physicians, according to the report.”
I agree it’s a reps job to drive the price up but when that Doctor is selected by NFL team physicians it’s more credible.
And we call that selective reading

Seems like half the board now are doctors and the other half are clairvoyants........nobody really can tell if Tua will hold up or not. I don't care if he's "clear for football activities" or not. I'll be glad if we draft Tua at 5 but to say that because of this report he's not at risk anymore makes no sense. I hope he'll be 100% healthy. He's a good kid and a good talent as well but I'll be holding my breath every time he gets hit.
So are you a Doctor or Clairvoyant?

If Tua breaks down and we / Dolphins etc are proven wrong- I can sleep well with that. Take your shot.
I couldn’t live with Tua winning playoff games either Chargers and we are stuck in RT17 2.0 or worse for next 5 years.

I hear ya to an extent but this Ryan tannehill stuff doesn’t float. He lead the league in qbr in 2019 and I believe had the 4th highest in nfl history. We could do a hell of a lot worse.

I mean maybe if you are talking about the 2018 version but hell we just witnessed an entire year of qb play at that range level with fitzpatrick. Yet he’s the golden goose for reasons I will never understand.

I mean good lord folks are ok sitting a medically cleared tua for that guy

For me, the question comes down to which would be the larger error - Drafting him and he is as injury prone as some think, or not drafting him and he becomes a generational QB? For me, and the fact his potential upside is huge, I'd take the chance on him, despite seeing both sides of the argument being made. If he gets injured, so be it, but I'd argue it'd beat watching him go elsewhere and become a great QB

For me, the question comes down to which would be the larger error - Drafting him and he is as injury prone as some think, or not drafting him and he becomes a generational QB? For me, and the fact his potential upside is huge, I'd take the chance on him, despite seeing both sides of the argument being made. If he gets injured, so be it, but I'd argue it'd beat watching him go elsewhere and become a great QB

I know the answer

Seems like half the board now are doctors and the other half are clairvoyants........nobody really can tell if Tua will hold up or not. I don't care if he's "clear for football activities" or not. I'll be glad if we draft Tua at 5 but to say that because of this report he's not at risk anymore makes no sense. I hope he'll be 100% healthy. He's a good kid and a good talent as well but I'll be holding my breath every time he gets hit.
How is he more of a risk than anyone else? How do get you a better report than "clear for all football activities"? What are you hoping to get, a doctor note signed by a notary public saying Tua will never get hurt again? I just think people are out of their mind over reacting to the hip injury. He wouldn't be "totally cleared" if he hadn't healed. Believe me, we will all be holding our breath when the QB gets hit regardless who he is.

I hear ya to an extent but this Ryan tannehill stuff doesn’t float. He lead the league in qbr in 2019 and I believe had the 4th highest in nfl history. We could do a hell of a lot worse.

I mean maybe if you are talking about the 2018 version but hell we just witnessed an entire year of qb play at that range level with fitzpatrick. Yet he’s the golden goose for reasons I will never understand.

I mean good lord folks are ok sitting a medically cleared tua for that guy

That's Tannehill issue. Consistency.

It's been his Achilles heel for years.

Yep that was my point- no taking anything away from his 2019 comeback- let’s see it again for couple seasons. But this is old news.

I understood it.

It's one thing to catch lightning in a bottle....its another to get there in a very ugly way.

Did you miss the part that he was checked by a neutral doctor who was agreed upon by the NFL and the Tua camp? Do you really think his representatives would make such a bold statement when it could be easily shot down by the doctor or any team that got to look those reports?
With everyone being as tight-lipped as they are right now, who is going to be the one to "leak" at this point? The only ones that would do that would be the ones looking to move the needle in either direction, either increasing the price to move up or to tank his medicals to get him on the cheap. I don't trust any news coming out from "representatives" or unnamed sources in the pre-draft process. Never have, never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom