****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 303 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to list some of the qualities I watch for when looking at a quarterback, I want to preface by saying if a guy is low on a list that does not mean I think he’s a scrub. It means it’s where I rank him in that particular category it doesn’t mean he can’t play, it doesn’t mean he won’t have success so you can put the torches and pitchforks down. I know we’re all board on lockdown but let’s try to really have an active conversation over the next three weeks.

And this is not how I rank the Categories it’s just how it came to me

Physical Tools...two levels here feel like the guys in each are comparable

1. Herbert/Love
2. Tua/Burrow

Arm strength
1.Herbert
2. Love
3.Tua
4. Burrow

Accuracy touch throwing into tight windows
1. Tua/Burrow
2. Herbert
3. Love

Quarterbacking ability. And what I mean by this is ability to use your eyes use your body to manipulate the defense making throws off balance off platform changing your arm angle and things of that nature.

1. Tua
1A. Burrow - I put him slightly below because Tua has been very consistent and Burrow really flashed this year so I have concerns and also wondering if he is just a more physically mature player playing with much younger players but he still has this plenty to play in the NFL

2. Herbert
3. Love

Moxie and leader ship
1. Tua/Burrow

spacing here as I see a large gap

2/3. Herbert and Love.

Mental Game
1. Tua/ Burrow
2. Fromm
3. Herbert
4. Love

Injury history- I’m purposely avoiding the word durability because I believe the NFL is an entirely different monster. I think it’s been noted that there are so many different histories when it comes to their ability in the NFL and while I’m not going to ignore there’s some correlation of injury in college and NFL I believe to us with such a freak way Tua landed that it was just a perfect set of circumstances. I mean Brett Favre almost died in a car accident never got hurt in the NFL, Drew Brees was hurt in college and hurt his shoulder multiple times in the NFL went to the Saints didn’t miss a game for 12 years, Michael Vick never hurt in college always hurting the pros. Sam Bradford who sneezes too hard and misses half the season I think that you just have to take a chance if you believe in a guy.

1. Burrow/Love

2. Herbert
3. Tua

I think it is interesting to look at the qualities you find most important in a quarterback and rank at least the top 4 or 5 in the class

A lot of the mock drafts now have the Redskins drafting Tua at 2. That makes perfect sense because Haskins is a mediocre starter at best and Rivera will certainly want to upgrade the position.

If the Redskins draft Tua and the Dolphins aren’t sold on Herbert or Love, hopefully they will draft Simmons at five. Building their defense into a top 10 defense should be their priority if they can’t get the QB they want in this years draft. They can wait until 2021 to see if there is a top tier QB available when they draft next year.

Hurts or Fromm will likely be available when the Dolphins have their first pick in the second round but I really don’t think either of them are quality long term starters in the NFL.
I could actually see a scenario where Miami could pass on a quarterback at 5 I hope I'm wrong though

Mike t and mando talking dumb again I see.

mando complaining cause tua is too much in tbe media these days. Does he not understand that he’s coming back from injury unlike the other 3?

I mean come on.

they're all folding like napkins on tua

meanwhile his medical (which was his only red mark) is coming back clean as can be

makes no sense. they're blowing with the wind on this one.

Seems like half the board now are doctors and the other half are clairvoyants........nobody really can tell if Tua will hold up or not. I don't care if he's "clear for football activities" or not. I'll be glad if we draft Tua at 5 but to say that because of this report he's not at risk anymore makes no sense. I hope he'll be 100% healthy. He's a good kid and a good talent as well but I'll be holding my breath every time he gets hit.
This made me change my post-nominal to espmd
Lol

Did you miss the part that he was checked by a neutral doctor who was agreed upon by the NFL and the Tua camp? Do you really think his representatives would make such a bold statement when it could be easily shot down by the doctor or any team that got to look those reports?
You can't release medical information about someone without their permission, it's against the law.

So if the info is good, Tua gives permission and the doctor sounds off. If the info is not good, Tua denies permission and his reps spout all sorts of glowing bullshit.

You can't release medical information about someone without their permission, it's against the law.

So if the info is good, Tua gives permission and the doctor sounds off. If the info is not good, Tua denies permission and his reps spout all sorts of glowing bullshit.
Do you really think Tua would deny the info to be released? It'd be just as bad as if the results werent any good... No team touches Tua if he denies access to the results...

Interesting (and disturbing) comment from former Bucs GM, Mark Domenik on Sirius NFL radio today. He said that while the medical reports on Tua appear to be good, what is absolutely certain is that at some point in time, he will need a hip replacement. This may be in 20 years time or it may be in 2 years. I had not heard anyone express this so bluntly.
I still like Tua but found this comment somewhat concerning.

Do you really think Tua would deny the info to be released? It'd be just as bad as if the results werent any good... No team touches Tua if he denies access to the results...
Until the FO hears from the doctor or sees the medical report, it's all just bullshit from the guy Tua pays to make him look good.

That said, I hope Tua is fine. If he is, I hope we get him at 5.

Interesting (and disturbing) comment from former Bucs GM, Mark Domenik on Sirius NFL radio today. He said that while the medical reports on Tua appear to be good, what is absolutely certain is that at some point in time, he will need a hip replacement. This may be in 20 years time or it may be in 2 years. I had not heard anyone express this so bluntly.
Another "not the doctor". You are right, concerning. But you know, if I live to be 100 there's a pretty decent chance I'll need a hip replacement somewhere along the way.

It would probably be 20 years if he didn’t play in the NFL but it will likely be much sooner after taking the hits he will take in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom