****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 324 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only real comp I can see with Schaub and burrow is maybe the arm strength.

Schaub was much more of a sitting duck vs pressure and didn’t feel it in the same ball park as burrow. Much easier to hem in and rush to a spot and he be there.

Burrows pressure feel on tape is rediculous.

Wentz plays with a more aggressive mindset.

Some nfl teams gonna have the task of trying to unlock that in Herbert. He even has a tendency to guide the ball short and intermediate even which with his arm he just needs to rip it. Trust your tools. Some of it I think is the process information side of things. Can be slow to process

Makes sense

This is another wierd take. I saw two ehh decisions in that national champ game and yeah he paid for both of them. The first one was basically a predetermined thing resulting in him throwing to a spot the second a throw to the spot expectation off a pre snap read that post snap shifted on him. Pre snap decisions without post snap verification something tua himself has admitted he needs to work on and given snaps and more familiarity with defenses I see no reason won’t come.

He processes too well to think anything otherwise
This is exactly what my criticism of Tua has been about. I have routinely said that I worry about his ability to read defenses, something for which I have taken a lot of flak. I know he can make all the throws and the predetermined throws. He can read the defense pre-snap, it's what happens when things change post snap. Then he looks much less stellar, including holding on to the ball too long.

I'm not saying Tua is a poor prospect, just that there are flaws there beyond the injury history. His NFL career will have more defenses like the ones he struggled against than not. I would fully expect him to struggle his rookie season with a lot of "uncharacteristic" turnovers. His health issues are a factor, regardless of whether he is cleared from the hip. I don't see anything too controversial about the video.

This is exactly what my criticism of Tua has been about. I have routinely said that I worry about his ability to read defenses, something for which I have taken a lot of flak. I know he can make all the throws and the predetermined throws. He can read the defense pre-snap, it's what happens when things change post snap. Then he looks much less stellar, including holding on to the ball too long.

I'm not saying Tua is a poor prospect, just that there are flaws there beyond the injury history. His NFL career will have more defenses like the ones he struggled against than not. I would fully expect him to struggle his rookie season with a lot of "uncharacteristic" turnovers. His health issues are a factor, regardless of whether he is cleared from the hip. I don't see anything too controversial about the video.

Yeah but the counter to the read defenses thing is he’s not even a full 2 year college starter. As in number of games experience. What’s he got 22 total games including bowl/playoffs

Plus I haven’t seen enough of it to red flag

Last edited:

He can read a defence just fine what he has refused to do was nibble for your yards in college and that is what he is going to need to learn in the pros

Hebert is not very good at read and moving thru his progressions. there is film of Hebert moving from #1 to #2 WR when defense is showing #1 against the right defense getting open and Hebert moving quickly to #2 and #3 under a good pass rush when they were not open. There is one instance he gave up a TD.

TUA scores and wins a championship cold off the bench as a freshman under pressure. I will take TUA any day. There is no question about it.

We already have Hebert on the roster. His name is Josh Rosen with the same weak traits and strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom