****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 77 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
No..It's very much probable...

I think that is the price to move to #2, to get to the Lions might only cost #39. You know you can always top peoples offers especially with the base pick being #5 overall. No way the Chargers, Panthers or Raiders could outbid Miami. The Panthers and Chargers only have future picks, maybe the Panthers have Cam but hard to believe the Skins and Lions would take him over what they have now. Well Miami can top any offer with ease with the plethora of picks this year which carry move value than next year. And the Raiders top pick is #12 I believe no way do you get an elite player by dropping to #12 versus #5 so Miami is in a great position and likely will not have to give up nearly what people think they will have to.

Someone for damn sure is moving up to get their QB in the top 5, Whether it’s Burrow, Tua or Herbert. It’s been happening every year and these three guys are all at least on par as prospects as the Wentz’s and Darnolds were.

If I'm Detroit's GM and my job is on the line to win this year, do I:

A) Draft a rookie QB with my high 1st rounder that may not be physically able to play for some of the season that will determine the fate of my employment
B) Put out smoke screens that would imply I could take that rookie QB with my high 1st rounder to try to get other teams to move up and provide me draft/player capital that will help me win in the season that determines the fate of my employment

Hard to think with the minimal picks they have using the top pick to get a QB who you may never see play. They fired Caldwell who won an average of 9 games a year for the "hot" hire in Patricia who has won 9 games in two years! But the thing is I dont see the value of a trade up as high as people think. Miami at 5 is an obvious trade partner but to move to #3 could only take #39. The big thing there is the base pick being #5, yes the Chargers and Panthers are right behind Miami, but they only have 2nds and future picks. With the plethora of picks Miami has there is no way they get outbid and honestly cant imagine a way they get fleeced. The value of picks this year has to outweigh picks next year

How many teams would be willing to sit Tua a year to ensure he is 100% medially sound before he steps back on the field?

Not sure I would bite on the move up to 3, Tua 100% healthy would be worth it and more but with the hip injury he will never be totally 100% again.

If Tua is there at 5 take him if not trade down tring to get another 2021 1st - 3rd and a pick in the 20'S and go the team building route, give Rosen more time to develop and continue to look for another in the future.

If Detroit is serious about moving on from Stafford (doubt it), I don't see why they would trade down when they would need to pick a QB at 3.

A trade with Miami moves them to 5 and another team could trade up to 4 to get the 3rd QB taken.

I suppose they could hedge their bets because they have Stafford on the roster (with a huge dead hit) so they could take the gamble. They cannot realistically get rid of him until after 2020. If they cut him this year they would take a 10.7M cap hit and 32M in dead hits. Next year they would have a cap savings of 14M with $19M in dead money.

I guess they could draft Tua and roll with Stafford for the year and then move on after Tua recovers/learns. In that case a trade down makes no sense but Miami would have to determine if they are likely to move on. We would need to give up much more to get Washington's pick at 2. Probably #18.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Grier gets a big offer and takes it, in order to trade back out of the 5th spot so another team can leap frog the Chargers.

We saw that with the Tunsil trade, can’t pass up a deal that’s too good.

Really? He's gonna be at the combine or having a Pro Day where he's participating in non-contact drills? If so, i stand corrected.
It's kind of in the word"probable"...which means likely heading in a direction..

I wouldn’t be shocked if Grier gets a big offer and takes it, in order to trade back out of the 5th spot so another team can leap frog the Chargers.

We saw that with the Tunsil trade, can’t pass up a deal that’s too good.
Especially if they like someone later instead of the obvious ones we allegedly have fallen in love with...smoke and mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom