****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 278 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's such blind ignorance and bias.
How is it blind ignorance? I wonder how the other top QB prospects would fare throwing to Ridley, Ruggs, and the rest of their stable of NFL wideouts. Two of his OL will be picked in the top 20, maybe higher.
Yeah, but it's a relatively few people flooding every thread with the same crap over and over again. Like Tua is injury prone blah blah blah. I'll say it again. Tua has had one substantial injury and it has healed. He's clear to resume football activities so that's good enough for me. Either the hip would respond and heal and he would resume his career or it wouldn't respond and not heal and he would most likely always have an issue ending his career. His hip has healed so nothing has changed about him as an elite QB prospect. It's like saying Patrick Mahomes was never going to be as good as he was before he dislocated his knee. He healed and he went on being the great QB he is.
Hope youre right

I think that this is a knock on him though. In the long run, it might be all that you can do with him.

I know that a lot of people see Russell Wilson, but I keep thinking Jeff Garcia.
Jeff Garcia is a laughable comparison. Garcia was horrible at on script stuff. He was always looking to move around in the pocket even when there was no need to. He was madding to watch play because he was so frenetic with his lower body which also made him inaccurate as hell. Tua is nothing like that. He's smooth with his footwork, calm in the pocket, and is as accurate as anyone I've seen delivering the football. You couldn't have picked anyone more opposite of Tua as a comparison. The only thing comparable is their size.

How is it blind ignorance? I wonder how the other top QB prospects would fare throwing to Ridley, Ruggs, and the rest of their stable of NFL wideouts. Two of his OL will be picked in the top 20, maybe higher.

Hope youre right

So what? Burrow had the best team in college football around him and I'm not going to ding him for that. Why couldn't Jalen Hurts produce at the level of Tua if it was all about the talent on Alabama? Ask any Alabama fan and they will tell you that this year's Alabama team wasn't nearly at the level of most of their previous teams.

He actually makes a ton of great points. Doesnt mean he wont be great in the NFL, but his domination came from weak competition with the most NFL ready talent of almost all college football teams, if not all of them. The stats dont lie. Just seems like Tua is average against top defensive teams.
Imo, any evaluation of a Qb stops as soon as the ball touches the receivers hands..Red flag to me is when I hear someone talk about how good his receivers are...

So what? Burrow had the best team in college football around him and I'm not going to ding him for that. Why couldn't Jalen Hurts produce at the level of Tua if it was all about the talent on Alabama? Ask any Alabama fan and they will tell you that this year's Alabama team wasn't nearly at the level of most of their previous teams.
Difference is Burrow dominated the best teams while Tua only dominated average to poor teams. This years Alabama team has 2 WR going likely top 15 and a LT top 10 with several more propects on day 2. Their back up QB Mac Jones did pretty well after Tua went down so the team still appeared to be really good.

Imo, any evaluation of a Qb stops as soon as the ball touches the receivers hands..Red flag to me is when I hear someone talk about how good his receivers are...
Its a combination of talent at both QB and WR. These WR have to get open and many of the Alabama WR have a 10 yard cushion for Tua to throw to. Not discounting Tua puts it where it needs to be, but its not hard for many QBs to throw to wide open receivers. Tua's deep ball leaves a lot to be desired too. Look, nobody is arguing that he is a good QB, I just feel a lot of the stats are overblown against weak competition.

The only reason it would happen if Dan just took a huge liking to the kid. Other than that, no way and I'm glad. Like I said in another post on another thread regarding this, do you think MJ would give Lebron his # if he came to the Bulls? Hell no. Same deal here and Tua isn't and may never be Lebron of NFL (though if we draft him we'd like him to be).
Would you give it to Herbert, Mr. Loco?

Difference is Burrow dominated the best teams while Tua only dominated average to poor teams. This years Alabama team has 2 WR going likely top 15 and a LT top 10 with several more propects on day 2. Their back up QB Mac Jones did pretty well after Tua went down so the team still appeared to be really good.
LSU’s team is incredibly talented too. Arguing between which guy played with more/less talent is one of the dumbest arguments I’ve seen

Its a combination of talent at both QB and WR. These WR have to get open and many of the Alabama WR have a 10 yard cushion for Tua to throw to. Not discounting Tua puts it where it needs to be, but its not hard for many QBs to throw to wide open receivers. Tua's deep ball leaves a lot to be desired too. Look, nobody is arguing that he is a good QB, I just feel a lot of the stats are overblown against weak competition.
There’s a reason why teams like Bama, LSU, Clemson are almost always in the college playoffs. The amount of talent on all of those teams is undeniable. If you think Tua was the only one helped out by his WRs and not say Burrow or Lawrence you must have your blinders on.
The difference with Tua was he changed the way Bama played offense, when he took over for Hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom