Tua Tagovailoa's draft stock following injury | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa's draft stock following injury

10 out of 10 times I'm taking the potential franchise QB. Would Carolina rather have Like Kuechly or a franchise QB? Same with Chicago, Khalil Mack or a franchise QB?

Those defensive guys as elite as they are dont move a line even a half of a point, if Matt Ryan who is what maybe the 10-12th best QB misses time he is worth like 5-7. QB is everything and if an elite one even with questionable injury history is staring at you you gotta take the shot.

as evidenced by Lamar Jackson it's a QB driven league within a strong TEAM concept.

Obviously you have to address the QB position effectively to be a consistent NFL team.

The question is which one -- and in what system?

Right now I'd be looking for the next Lamar because the dual threat is killer to deal with.

Yeah but if you pull off Young at 2 and Tua at 8 you're getting the 2 best players in the draft.
That's why I believe realistically you only get one. A team like Chicago or Tennessee can afford to swing for the fences on Tua. If Tua fails in Tennessee or Chicago their not going be hurt to bad because they are still pretty good teams. Miami needs to take Tua and not look back. They still have never recovered from passing on Drew Brees in free agency in 06 because of their fear of his injury. I would rather have Miami draft him and have be terrible than have him go somewhere else and he turns into the franchise QB many people believe he can be.

Everyone who thinks that he’s going back to school. No chance he goes back. He has a multi million dollar insurance policy if he drops in the draft. He’s coming out. Why would he come back maybe not do as well, Miss out in his policy and risk not getting drafted. He’ll make the same if not more by collecting on his policy and getting taken before the third or so.

You may have to rethink this position:

That's why I believe realistically you only get one. A team like Chicago or Tennessee can afford to swing for the fences on Tua. If Tua fails in Tennessee or Chicago their not going be hurt to bad because they are still pretty good teams. Miami needs to take Tua and not look back. They still have never recovered from passing on Drew Brees in free agency in 06 because of their fear of his injury. I would rather have Miami draft him and have be terrible than have him go somewhere else and he turns into the franchise QB many people believe he can be.
Chicago and Tennessee can afford to swing for the faces? I don’t think that is viable unless you have extra draft pick capital. teams that can afford to gamble or those who have depleted rosters and are not expected to win off the hop have the assets to gamble otherwise it is draft and develop a systems guy - or run at a over priced FA

IMHO As it stands Tannehill is superior to any of these NCAA QBs - and he doesnot wow you week to week does he?
Fitz (Pukes in mouth) could have got Chicago to the POs this year - Mitchell is standing in someone’s way

Tua is injured and Wont be ready next year none of the other QBs are ready to read a D a few they are looking good at the NCAA level per usual until they get a fierce pass rush

Ask Mayfield and Darnold two prospects better than Herbert and Burrow -

Should these prospect QBs be rushed it will impact their career long term

We know how these things work behind the scenes.... Tua and his agent will be seeking a 'guarantee' from some team in the first round, and he'll declare/go back to school based on that.

If you are willing to take him at 8 you should be willing to take him at 2. You take him either your jobs gonna depend on it. So might as well make sure you get your guy you gonna ride or die with.

Totally agree. Been reading some mock drafts and I see a lot showing the Chargers gambling on Tua in top 10. I could see it.

If you have confidence in Tua’s talents I think you make the gamble with your first pick and get some insurance in round 2 or 3 with Love or another prospect.

Back
Top Bottom