Tua Throwing Pretty At OTAs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Throwing Pretty At OTAs

Isn't this the time of year that Hill is scheduled to come out and make his annual declaration... "I love Tua's balls!" and the national media goes in an uproar.

I would love to see what Tua can do if he plays closer to 17 games than 12. He has ended each of the last two seasons on a bit of a slide, not necessarily concerning but at least something to mention.

I love that McDaniel is talking about running the ball more. That could be so huge for this team, especially with a defense that looks like it can win games and keep the Dolphins in it. Would take a lot of pressure off Tua as well.

How important is Tua? Miami was 8-4 with him, and 1-5 without (including the playoffs). Hill and Waddle combined for 15 touchdown passes with Tua and zero with Bridgewater and Thompson.

I believe with a healthy Tua, the Dolphins win the AFC East.
I'm sure that can't be correct. Tua is not a good QB; Hill and Waddle made him look good. You give them any QB and he will look like an all pro. Just look at what Teddy Bridgewater did with the......oh....um....yeah

Makes you wonder what the narrative beyond staying healthy will be in this camp around Tua?
I can’t imagine there will be anything else. Certainly no apologies from the likes of Chris Simms and others For being idiots.

I'm sure that can't be correct. Tua is not a good QB; Hill and Waddle made him look good. You give them any QB and he will look like an all pro. Just look at what Teddy Bridgewater did with the......oh....um....yeah

Agreed.
I mean, Teddy and Skylar were making it rain TDS with Hill and Wadle when Tua was out.

Also, did you notice how slow the ball traveled in that video? I mean Mr. Chosen visibly was in like slow motion to catch it.

Ughh!

"Can Tua play at a high level against good defenses, not just defenses in prevent in the second half?" - Colin Cowturd

True, or they'll claim Tua was lucky and untested in cold weather this upcoming season
Although he dominates, he hasn't proven he can do it in cold weather or in playoff atmosphere.
Thats what they'll say.

I mean that's what they were saying last year, while he was a legit MVP candidate.

Although, hopefully, the Buffalo game quieted some of that narrative

Here's some intresting Tua info:

Tua is listed as having played in 36 career games, however one of those games was his first action in the final minutes of the Jets game as a rookie and another was a game during season 2 vs the Bills where he only played a series and a half before being injured. So actually Tua has played about the equivalent of 2 seasons, 34 games.

Tua's stats thru those 34 games... 708-of-1078 for 8015 yards with 52 tds ands and 23 ints. Basicly 4000 yards per 17 games and 26 tds and 11 ints and a 95 passer rating. And don't forget the team wins 66% of the games he starts, so average 17 game record of about 11-6.

I would love to see how Tua's numbers thru his first 1000 pass attempts stack up to other young qbs over the past 20 seasons or so. For example Trevor Lawrence, who many people think has arrived and is ready to become an elite qb, has attempted 1186 passes (100 more than Tua) and has fewer yards (7754) and tds (37) and more ints (25) than Tua.

Last edited:
True, or they'll claim Tua was lucky and untested in cold weather this upcoming season
Although he dominates, he hasn't proven he can do it in cold weather or in playoff atmosphere.
Thats what they'll say.

I mean that's what they were saying last year, while he was a legit MVP candidate.

Although, hopefully, the Buffalo game quieted some of that narrative
Tua will never be good enough for most critics out there until he wins a SB....and even then I'm sure there will be a narrative of the team he had around him was transcendent and a blind one armed man could have QB'd them to a SB victory. Let's hope we find out in the next couple years!!

The hate Chosen is getting on this site for absolulty no reason is really pissing me off.

Ignorant hypocrites! Get a life!

Back
Top Bottom