Tua Throwing Pretty At OTAs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Throwing Pretty At OTAs

I think this is more or less a fake argument.

Unless you count me disagreeing with you now as an argument.

Dumbass. /s
You proved my point! No but seriously, there are some on here who just can't let go of any criticisms.

By the way, what the hell is a "fake argument"? Makes no sense

Agreed.
I mean, Teddy and Skylar were making it rain TDS with Hill and Wadle when Tua was out.

Also, did you notice how slow the ball traveled in that video? I mean Mr. Chosen visibly was in like slow motion to catch it.

Ughh!
Meh, it's more than that. Coach didn't adjust the game play at all when those two played. Very different style QBs. Skyler was coming on in those last two games but coach did him no favors. I believe skyler could have been a lot better had Mike did what the SF coach did for Purdy. They totally adjusted the offensive game plan for him and look how well he did.

Although he dominates, he hasn't proven he can do it in cold weather or in playoff atmosphere.
Thats what they'll say.
I know your going to paint me as anti Tua for this question but I'm over the whole Tua argument stuff here so whatever... but... what about this statement here is false? Are you sure your looking through an objective lens if you were to argue otherwise?

I know your going to paint me as anti Tua for this question but I'm over the whole Tua argument stuff here so whatever... but... what about this statement here is false? Are you sure your looking through an objective lens if you were to argue otherwise?

The "Yeah but" arguments are irrelevant and it's all you fall back on when you have no other argument.

You cam find any situation to prove any QB isnt good or great under that scenario..

Doesn't make it a valid argument.

If recent success is the bar, then Tua shredded the cold weather argument last year.

Since Tua doesn't have playoff experience, we can utilize his college career to project. That includes a championship.

Nothing to do with objective lenses.

I don't recall 1 analyst expert etc.... criticizing Justin Herbert prior to last years playoffs because he didn't have playoff experience.

It's simple. He was anointed, so the argument or debate doesn't get used.

If the argument is selective, depending on the athlete, it's not a valid argument to criticize.

IMO of course

Receiver #3 is Chosen Anderson. If you look on the official Dolphins site he is listed as Robbie Chosen. Apparently the name on his jersey will be CHOSEN.

The "Yeah but" arguments are irrelevant and it's all you fall back on when you have no other argument.

You cam find any situation to prove any QB isnt good or great under that scenario..

If recent success is the bar, then Tua shredded the cold weather argument last year.

Since Tua doesn't have playoff experience, we can utilize his college career to project. That includes a championship.

I don't recall 1 analyst expert etc.... criticizing Justin Herbert prior to last years playoffs because he didn't have playoff experience.

If the argument is selective, depending on the athlete, it's not a valid argument to criticize.

IMO of course
Just about exactly how I was going to respond.

Until a QB wins the SB, you can use the argument "well, let's see if he can do it in the SB..."

As you correctly stated, that usually doesn't happen with other QBs UNTIL they have failed multiple times in the playoffs, or in critical games, or in the SB.

With Tua it is the opposite. They question his ability before he has had the chance.... then move on to another argument when he passes a test (cold weather game).

It is exactly the same with the argument about the weapons.... nobody disses Burrow because he has stacked weapons.

Just about exactly how I was going to respond.

Until a QB wins the SB, you can use the argument "well, let's see if he can do it in the SB..."

As you correctly stated, that usually doesn't happen with other QBs UNTIL they have failed multiple times in the playoffs, or in critical games, or in the SB.

With Tua it is the opposite. They question his ability before he has had the chance.... then move on to another argument when he passes a test (cold weather game).

It is exactly the same with the argument about the weapons.... nobody disses Burrow because he has stacked weapons.

Exactly. Weapons was an excuse for Tua.

Herbert- Williams/Allen/Ekeler
Burrow- Highins/chase/boyd/ forgot Mixon
Jalen Hurts- Brown/Smith/ top O line
Mahomes- Had Hill and Kelce

Just a few examples. Not one of those QBS were ever questioned based on the talent they had.

But Tua? Clearly that's the reason for his success.

Every QB, except Mahomes on that list, had more talent overall then Tua who simple had Hill and Waddle

Selective argument haha

IMO of course
Ok. I'm not sure my original comment was a "yeah but" argument but ok.

I can accept all of your response accept the use his college experience as an indication of his NFL playoff performance should he get any. If I have to explain why... nevermind. You'll probably argue it anyway. Bluf: (bottom line up front, for you non military guys) no way can you use any college games as a barometer of how one would perform in NFL playoffs šŸ¤£

Ok. I'm not sure my original comment was a "yeah but" argument but ok.

I can accept all of your response accept the use his college experience as an indication of his NFL playoff performance should he get any. If I have to explain why... nevermind. You'll probably argue it anyway. Bluf: (bottom line up front, for you non military guys) no way can you use any college games as a barometer of how one would perform in NFL playoffs šŸ¤£

Fair enough

The narrative I am interested in seeing is how will we keep all our weapons engaged and happy. There is only one football and limited reps. Perhaps riding the hot player or take what the defense dictates.

Back
Top Bottom