Tua vs Trevor - The Truth: Analysis | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua vs Trevor - The Truth: Analysis

There’s something missing. I don’t know if it’s internal clock or processing information which it looks like to me plays a lot into it but after seeing tannehill never develop that side of things in the pros when I know I’ve seen more QBs get better with those things over time and game reps it just really draws a red flag for me.

I don’t like the way he deals with pressure either. But that again comes back to processing information post snap imo

I will never get the hype with that kid other than the size and arm strength, I gave my take on his pocket play, accuracy issues and mechanics numerous times.

I will never get the hype with that kid other than the size and arm strength, I gave my take on his pocket play, accuracy issues and mechanics numerous times.

It’s all about physical tools and he’s got em in spades.

I said earlier a team probably won’t even care about his college tape after he works out and runs etc. they gonna run that card up.

He’s got a rocket arm he’s a hell of an athlete and there are times on tape where individual plays are beautiful. But he’s also probably gonna run sub 4.7 at 6 foot 6 and 235

I said earlier a team probably won’t even care about his college tape after he works out and runs etc. they gonna run that card up.
Well your right about that, you called it on Josh Allen and it thought Allen was just too inaccurate lol

He’s got a rocket arm he’s a hell of an athlete and there are times on tape where individual plays are beautiful. But he’s also probably gonna run sub 4.7 at 6 foot 6 and 235
I think josh Allen may have more between the ears than him.

Lol I do too

Thoughts on this take about his middle of the field anticipation throws

Lol I do too

Thoughts on this take about his middle of the field anticipation throws

Looks pretty accurate to me. Those pre to post snap reads are pretty easy with the safety location. Rip it. 4 year starter I don’t think there’s any excuse for it. Not in a potential top draft pick qb.

The consistency of mechanics I think is fixable. I don’t like all that hopping at the end of tbe drop. It effects his timing.

More examples to me of athlete over qb. Plays the position more like an athlete.

Phantom pressure looks legit in terms of where his hips are pointing. But he’s another guy that loves his arm so it could be a hard fix.

Last edited:
Looks pretty accurate to me. Those pre to post snap reads are pretty easy with the safety location. Rip it. 4 year starter I don’t think there’s any excuse for it. Not in a potential top draft pick qb.

The consistency of mechanics I think is fixable. I don’t like all that hopping at the end of tbe drop. It effects his timing.

More examples to me of athlete over qb. Plays the position more like an athlete.

Phantom pressure looks legit in terms of where his hips are pointing. But he’s another guy that loves his arm so it could be a hard fix.

Agreed, I wanna like the guy but he reminds me of a bigger Tannehill.

Love the kids mechanics. Looks like he's been very well coached.

Stands TALL in the pocket. Excellent "bounce." Ready to strike.

Gets the ball out fast! Very elusive and nimble for 6-6.

The kid has a serious arm! Can throw strikes on the move.

Hit's his receivers in the hands. Accurate.

Seriously looks the NFL prototype.

Video:

:36 escapes blitz sack pressure get's rid of the ball... blah

:55 deep sideline -- led WR to the outside -- looks as if WR lost ball and tracked inside... Insufficient data to fault Trevor... But I like the down field attacking...

1:13 ball out fast... hits the hands

1:23 quick out sideline +2 -- ball was off -- high behind (announcers proclaimed "great throw" I'd disagree)

1:35 sprint R looking downfield -- throw ball away. Easy to see no one open...

2:00 quick dump off +5

2:20: 3rd 7 attempts down the seam off target

3:09 ball high but catchable (broken up by db)

4:01 excellent deep ball for TD

4:46 ball out fast on target

5:26 as above

5:51 down field laser -- looks like a stud in the pocket. TALL. Excellent bounce.

6:19 perfect throw dropped TD -- in the hands.

8:28 down the seam strike in stride TD

8:43 out - excellent velocity + accuracy

9:00 another perfect strike...

9:28 perfect 50/50 ball. Out fast. Gave his receiver best chance. (I'd love to see that to Preston Williams BTW) TD. Receiver makes the play... Great catch.

10:50 laser over the middle. on target. +25

11:15 deflection. lucky no int

11:25 deep 50/50 ball. slight (8 inches maybe) under throw. Obvious PI IMO. Incomplete
>>> really like the way the kid challenges down field. Not afraid to let the pig fly.

11:31 quick out bang on a line hits the hands

11:45 sack. could have gotten the ball out. but slight nit pick

11:56 ball out quick flat too high a tad hot off the hands incomplete (obvious ball wobble
I think due to the rapid release -- worst throw so far IMO)

11:23 deep sideline (attacking again) - I love the placement -- receiver could have made a
great catch but not. DB had no chance. Couldn't tell if DB had hold on one hand? Receiver attempts 1 handed... incomplete.

12:36 quick out to slot. hits the hands leading him upfield

12:46 out fast -- hits the hands +5 all day

13:00 low throw off target

Bottom line to me. I see no reason why Tua and Trevor cannot BOTH be very successful in the NFL. Kind of like chocolate or vanilla IMO. It's your preference.

More detail: Trevor has the edge IMO in terms of "classic NFL pocket prototype -- the kid looks TALL in the pocket -- love his mechanics, excellent bounce and very fast release once he decides. I agree with those who say Tua has better anticipation and perhaps superior downfield accuracy -- but we're talking inches not miles here. Tua also gets the ball out fast and plays very quick mentally (though I have no info on how truly proficient either are pre-snap and post-snap reads -- they both seem "efficient."). I see no reason why either/both cannot be legit NFL "franchise" (hate the term) QBs. That said, I think they are both somewhat system dependent -- but who isn't? That's what good coaching is about...

I'll take either one and be VERY happy.

BNF

That's what I'm seeing also and Trevor was a true freshman making those throws.

What's been the consensus on the following:

1) Dolphins end up with the #1 overall pick?
2) Tua decides to come out?
3) Tua would be okay playing for the Dolphins? Shades of Eli Manning comes to mind...

3) Tua would be okay playing for the Dolphins? Shades of Eli Manning comes to mind...
2 and 3 go hand in hand. I believe by the time he declares he'd know if we have the top pick so if he doesn't want to play for us he could just stay in school.

2 and 3 go hand in hand. I believe by the time he declares he'd know if we have the top pick so if he doesn't want to play for us he could just stay in school.

That's one possibility if he doesn't want to play for us. But that's honestly a huge risk on his part. I understand he's not the kid from USC that decided to go back to school (Was it Matt Lineart?) and lost serious draft position. But first he has to make it through another year without getting injured or poor performance. Additionally, he runs the risk of T.Lawrence or someone else being drafted ahead of him.

Finally, There aren't going to be many top 5 teams in the draft that can improve their team as quickly as the Dolphins when you consider draft resources and FA money.

Clearly, things like he/family not liking the city or the coaching/managment etc cannot be helped.

I find the end of the season far more interesting than this season..

Miami has a promising coaching staff and a ton of ammo to develop a quality team. Ross and/or Grier would be the only rubs imo.

That's one possibility if he doesn't want to play for us. But that's honestly a huge risk on his part. I understand he's not the kid from USC that decided to go back to school (Was it Matt Lineart?) and lost serious draft position. But first he has to make it through another year without getting injured or poor performance. Additionally, he runs the risk of T.Lawrence or someone else being drafted ahead of him.

Finally, There aren't going to be many top 5 teams in the draft that can improve their team as quickly as the Dolphins when you consider draft resources and FA money.

Clearly, things like he/family not liking the city or the coaching/managment etc cannot be helped.

I find the end of the season far more interesting than this season..
then he should come out and play for whoever drafts him like it was always done till cry baby John Elway came along then Manning did the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom