Tua vs Trevor - The Truth: Analysis | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua vs Trevor - The Truth: Analysis

Well all I know is that was one hell of a national championship game that Lawrence played as a true freshman.
He outplayed Tua...

Go ahead and say it. You won't be wrong.

Trevor was not the reason Clemson won that game...

He outplayed Tua...

Go ahead and say it. You won't be wrong.

His receivers out played Bama's DB's. Well, everybody outplayed Savion Smith all season. Even The Citadel - and they don't even pass the football.

His defensive line outplayed Bama's offensive line. His offensive line outplayed Bama's defensive line (other than Q. Williams).

Most of all, his coaches outcoached all Bama's coac....I mean recruiters. But he definitely didn't outplay Tua.

Trevor needs to play better against 'not' Top 30 defenses. He damn sure didn't outplay him last Saturday.

I mean look at his latest TD pass in between throwing all those picks to Georgia Tech - another 50/50 ball where that monster Higgins just Mosses another poor freshman DB...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trevor Lawrence ➡Tee Higgins<br><br>Clemson is picking up right where it left off <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ALLIN?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#ALLIN</a><br><br>(via <a href="https://twitter.com/accnetwork?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@accnetwork</a>)<a href="https://t.co/sC2q4pOFML">pic.twitter.com/sC2q4pOFML</a></p>&mdash; SI College Football (@si_ncaafb) <a href="">August 30, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I did find it very odd that after throwing for 298 yards and 2 TDs against the best defense in college football that was the moment people decided that we should pump the breaks on Tua. If thats his terrible game, then sign me the hell up for that. People seemed to just shrug off the most efficient performance by a QB in college football history after he throws for nearly 300 yards and 2tds?

What he do this weekend? He threw one more incompletion (5) than TDs (4). Throw away the stats from that game and see some of the throws and his movement in the pocket. He's on a different planet. He maybe throwing to good WRs but my god does he look good doing it.

BTW Trevor isnt throwing to chop liver. Clemson's WRs maybe better. Tee Higgins and Ross are first round freaks. Rodgers is no hack in the slot. And Trevor has a potential first round running back. Not diminishing Trevor at all. Just the nature of the beast when you are playing for the two most dominant programs in college football.

Remember...just because a pass is caught,doesn't mean it was thrown accurately...

I've been on Tanking for Team Tua since it was apparent we're going to tank. Lawrence wouldn't be bad, but there's no guarantee that we're going to be in the #1 pick in the draft for two years' running. I think this year we've got a hell of a good shot at landing that pick, and Tua would be the guy I'd take.

Spend the rest of the draft building around him and teh rest of the team.

I'm a fan of both Tua and Lawrence, but have preferred Tua since he'll most likely come out next year.

Watched the following of all Lawrence's plays against Alabama and he had a lot more errant throws than I remember.

Doesn't look to be in the same class as Tua right now after also watching him against GT.

I mentioned it in another thread, but I agree that Tua is better, and the road where Lawrence makes up that ground is long and uncertain. The ability to process quickly and accurately is the most essential trait to a QB's floor and ceiling, and this is the very area where Tua is elite and Lawrence is merely good for his age. Most QB's never get to Tua's level. Studying and putting in the work is essential, but it will only take you so far. Again, speed is just as important as accuracy, because if you're right late, you're wrong, and much of the speed element is something you have or don't. I don't think anyone questioned Tannehill's intelligence or work ethic. He just processed info too slow. Lawrence, today, processes info too slow to be a great QB - or even a good QB.

I expect that to improve, but I don't think you can project him to bridge the gap with Tua. Thankfully, we don't have to. We get to watch him for a couple years and see how much he improves.

To me, it's not a foregone conclusion that Lawrence is QB1 in 2021. Justin Fields has the talent to overtake him. I'd still say Lawrence is the favorite to be QB1, but if Lawrence doesn't improve the way we hope he will, Fields is the more appealing physical talent, and Fields could be the one that shows he can process info quickly.

The overarching point is that Tua is where these guys are trying to get.

Not to take the conversation off course, but at 6'3 221, Fields ran a 4.51 posted a 4.16 shuttle - fast and quick, and he has a plus arm. He's also not 6'6"/6'7", which is taller than ideal.

Not to take the conversation off course, but at 6'3 221, Fields ran a 4.51 posted a 4.16 shuttle - fast and quick, and he has a plus arm. He's also not 6'6"/6'7", which is taller than ideal.

I like Fields a lot. More than Lawerence to be honest. Everyone will see Lawerence go through his first few reads and think that means he’s processing info quickly. It doesn’t mean that all. Look at his pocket every time he plays. Look at the throws he makes. Why are people so impressed? It’s like when the Dolphins played the Texans and Bobby McCain made mistake after mistake in the zone and receivers were running wide open. That’s what Lawerence gets weekly for himself.

Tua is a legit quarterback. His ability to process information on the field, digest it, and make the correct throw is off the charts. If this team gets Tua and surrounds him with some of the skill players we have, the Dolphins for the first time in decades would actually have a legit offense. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams was not a legit offense when they had no receivers and a quarterback that couldn’t throw a 15 yard comeback either.

Everyone should be clamoring for Tua. Everyone else is a tier below him.

How can anyone watch both their games and say Lawerence is better. It’s baffling to say the least. Lawerence takes forever in his reads and it’s not even like they are 3 steps and hitch out of shotgun or super long developing plays. They are basic hitch step drops out of shotgun and the ball still takes forever to come out. Half the passes he throws are screens and sometimes his throws are wildly inaccurate.

Tua makes decisive QUICK reads and knows where to go almost instantly after processing what he sees. His offensive scheme doesn’t get people as open as Clemson’s but he still throws people open all the time. Who does that description remind you of? Ability to process almost instantly and know where to go and able to make hyper accurate throws all over the field. I’ll give you a hint - his name is Tom.

Back
Top Bottom