Tua vs Trevor - The Truth: Analysis | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua vs Trevor - The Truth: Analysis

Which Steve Young we talkin about? The nfl finished product one or BYU?

I see what your saying ? ( I never had a good look at BYU Young) but I doesn't seem like he's a natural at that (can feel pressure just fine tho), Tua also has a Mahomes like effect where his feet doesn't have to pointed perfectly at the target to be accurate.

I’m pretty much with you on that. The nfls not gonna forget how lawrence looked as a true freshman in that national championship game and I don’t even know if fields can feel pressure and find space vs it. Heck I don’t think I’ve seen him moved off the spot this year unless it was of his own doing and not due to pressure.

But I do think he has high level tools and is a high end athlete. And we know the nfl loves that too.

Gonna be an interesting watch next year to see how his game evolves.

Weird thing is Fields was the no.1 spread offense QB coming out but went to Georgia and Lawrence was the no.1 pro style QB but when to a spread style system in Clemson.
I think Fields will do much better in this Ohio State offense, maybe by 2021 Fields will be the better prospect but so far it's not close.

Somewhat awkward in step drops, pocket throwing mechanics and overall pocket movement( I'm talkin qb aesthetics not results) so I'm not crazy about the Steve Young.
Are you talking about young or Tua Jerry ?

Like to hear your thoughts in more detail on his movement and mechanic esthetics ?

One example is lets say your target is at 12:00 o'clock his front foot should be around the 12 to 1:30 range, I've seen his feet around the 2:30 range on numerous play this year and last year which is almost parallel to the line of scrimmage (I've seen Herbert also do this), I also think his lack of arm velocity comes from improper lower body mechanics.

One example is lets say your target is at 12:00 o'clock his front foot should be around the 12 to 1:30 range, I've seen his feet around the 2:30 range on numerous play this year and last year which is almost parallel to the line of scrimmage (I've seen Herbert also do this), I also think his lack of arm velocity comes from improper lower body mechanics.

Interesting, I will look closer, one thing I do like is the way he uses the torque through his lower body in the transition/weight shift while the arm follows through..

I also feel relative to last year the velocity on the ball looks better..

In the spring game I mentioned that he was favoring that front leg, do you think there’s a possibility last year after the injury that he changed his plant foot position a bit to compensate the injury?

Interesting, I will look closer, one thing I do like is the way he uses the torque through his lower body in the transition/weight shift while the arm follows through..

I also feel relative to last year the velocity on the ball looks better..

In the spring game I mentioned that he was favoring that front leg, do you think there’s a possibility last year after the injury that he changed his plant foot position a bit to compensate the injury?

I did think some of his lower body mechanic issues could of been injury related but he looks the same this year and he's healthy.

Here's an example at 3:47 of what I'm talkin bout.

I did think some of his lower body mechanic issues could of been injury related but he looks the same this year and he's healthy.

He’s so accurate, even on the play in question, I’ll forgive him for not squaring everything up on that rushed throw...

He’s so accurate, even on the play in question, I’ll forgive him for not squaring everything up on that rushed throw...

Yea I agree, but on plays that require a bit more arm strength it looks bad. at 52:01

Unless I’m just seeing the wrong play I just can’t knock that end result. At all

Unless I’m just seeing the wrong play I just can’t knock that end result. At all

End result was great, but on plays that require more arm strength, if he gets knocked of his spot in the NFL he will have some problems. ( especially throwing to his right.)

No offense to Fields. I like him. He's not that caliber.

Not now. But let’s see what happens under Day for the rest of this season and next. As you are fully aware, players can improve. And he’s got all the physical talent.

Back
Top Bottom