Tua vs Trevor - The Truth: Analysis | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua vs Trevor - The Truth: Analysis

This was one of them but there's a lot more, I will post some examples after the Fins game.
Jerry I have noticed improvement in velocity relative to last year..have you at all..?

The video won’t play, was that example at 52.01 pre injury or after?

And also, I’m not gonna let this go buy, I’m A huge Tua guy but I’ve been mentioning since spring he needed to Work on changing the ratio of his body comp..he’s made a conscious effort to do that and it’s showing..

Jerry I have noticed improvement in velocity relative to last year..have you at all..?

The video won’t play, was that example at 52.01 pre injury or after?

And also, I’m not gonna let this go buy, I’m A huge Tua guy but I’ve been mentioning since spring he needed to Work on changing the ratio of his body comp..he’s made a conscious effort to do that and it’s showing..

It was after the injury, I'm also impressed he improved his body composition. Arm strength can definitely improve but the question is how much ?

Both of these guys wont end up being the best QBs taken in their respective drafts. Who will be? I have no idea but they are both extremely overhyped while playing on superteams.

Both of these guys wont end up being the best QBs taken in their respective drafts. Who will be? I have no idea but they are both extremely overhyped while playing on superteams.
edgy response. At least I went to bat with a bit more in my discussion with Slimm and my opinion Jason Allen wouldn't be a good NFL Qb. I'm willing to be wrong, I'm more than sure you will be too.

I'd feel better about Tua Tagovailoa if he had a better arm. But he could enjoy success at the absolute highest level, being included among the best ever, and his arm strength and overall velocity would not be unprecedented for that. There's nothing disqualifying about his arm.

I think it's actually similar to Easton Stick's from a year ago. Both players can get up to the pro level velocity, but they've got to grind their toes, lock and get out over that front leg in order to hit the pro caliber fast ball. Other guys just don't have to go through that much trouble in order to drive the ball that fast. Mason Fine is a little bit like this as well. Keep him in the pocket, let him grind his toes, and he generates pro velocity at mid-range.

But for all of the above, I think the more negative factors you add to the throw, whether it's pressure coming at the guy's feet so he can't quite follow through the way he'd like, throwing on the move, or just pure distance, you've got a steeper decline in velocity.

There are clearly going to be throws in Justin Herbert's and Jordan Love's wheelhouse that are not there for Tua Tagovailoa. Or Josh Allen's for that matter. I'm comfortable with that.

What I get slightly less comfortable with is this throw...

Jordan Love can flick that ball off 90+ feet through the air without his feet under him, not even a good body angle and that ball cruises in there at 54-56 mph. Hardly looked like he was even trying. It's really an incredible thing. And I don't need a Tua Tagovailoa to be able to do it as outstandingly as that.

But is that 90-91 foot throw at a dead run in his wheelhouse at all? Setting aside the ridonkulous velocity Jordan Love can get on it, is this a throw Tua Tagovailoa would try and execute? Because I feel like we're reaching the borderline of something that needs to be in a young quarterback's toolkit in order to survive his early years in the NFL.

"I dont really know about a subject, but I know everybody else is wrong on the subject"

^ See this guy gets it.

edgy response. At least I went to bat with a bit more in my discussion with Slimm and my opinion Jason Allen wouldn't be a good NFL Qb. I'm willing to be wrong, I'm more than sure you will be too.

I hope I am wrong because I presume we will end up with Tua. But these 2 guys are on superteams and they are over hyped.

The whole "not being the best QB's in their drafts" thing is me more speaking from a statistical probabilty stand point. Their potential is tied to the team they get drafted to and resources they put around them and luck.

Umm Lawrence probably wants to burn that Syracuse tape.

That was no bueno

I read something that said Georgia exposed tuas lack of arm strength last year.

Anybody got a take on that?

From the Georgia game
58.26 I notice when he does the spin out move he tends to spin in place, smh
25:22 on this play pocket presence doesn't look good.
43:21 spins in place again
44:47 smh

His ability to escape pressure is lower than Kyler's and Baker's based on last year's tape, I don't know how much the injury played a part in this.

Yea even quick outs can be a problem.
Yes there were times last year when I thought arm strength issues flashed..but it looks different this year, and I keep thinking that plant leg was weak last year.

I know it isn’t a howitzer he’s packing but I’m good with such a catchable ball, hi level anticipation and placement..

From the Georgia game
58.26 I notice when he does the spin out move he tends to spin in place, smh
25:22 on this play pocket presence doesn't look good.
43:21 spins in place again
44:47 smh

His ability to escape pressure is lower than Kyler's and Baker's based on last year's tape, I don't know how much the injury played a part in this.
Kyler and Russell are in a league of their own in that Dept, but Tua is very good as well, good enough, jmo..

Back
Top Bottom