Tua: what’s a “successful” return? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua: what’s a “successful” return?

To satisfy me? Win.

To satisfy most of this board? Audible out of 80% of our OC’s terrible play calls to open it up and push the ball downfield early and often. Folks here aren’t going to be satisfied with him until he’s throwing for 300 yards a game, but that’s not happening on the 20 curls and bubble screens a game we keep asking him to throw.

I won't change camps but the more he looks good the more my opinion of him will change. I have no issue admitting when I'm wrong if thats what the facts show.

For me a successful return doesn't have to mean lighting the world on fire. Give me 270 yards and 2 TD with a good completion percentage, I'll think that's a big step forward.

If Tua puts up 450 and 4 tds.... it'll start changing what camp im in.

I'm currently in the camp of "i dont hate him or love him but doubt he can stay healthy or be a top 10 QB"

It’s Jacksonville. The numbers better be solid and result in a win covering the spread and scoring over 48 points but I’m flexible on the Dolphins total points.

look good put up decent numbers and lead the team to a much needed win

Besides getting the win (most important), from the O we need: Better time of possession, better 3rd down conversion percentage, TD's not FG's in the red zone, better placement of the ball to get play makers better YAC, better communication presnap to ensure better success.

I completely recognize nobody here is going to change camps regardless of what he does Sunday morning, but for the Tua fans, and doubters/haters, what does he have to do against JAX to give you hope for the season and the future?

For me, first and foremost, simply surviving would be a nice start. I can’t imagine the staff is going to put him in positions to be hit hard repeatedly, so assuming the offense goes fast and uses a lot of quick throws, I’d love to see a line of 225-250 yards and 2 TDs in his return. We’d obviously need the run game to have a pulse to win in that case, but it’s a team game and I think they’ll protect him and produce … at least I hope they will.

What say you?
If he throws for 500 and 3tds.....I'll give him a two week pass.

But seriously it would be nice if he comes out and has the one game every young good QB has. Now's the time. There ain't gonna be much more forgiveness.

Back
Top Bottom