Tua working hard. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua working hard.

How dare you speak that peasant's name in this thread.

Was watching Thurman Thomas on a football life last night, (don’t know why, that team tortured me) and was surprised to hear he took the same road as Tannehill and it worked out. Don’t know exactly how the injuries compare but I was surprised when I heard he opted for rehab and played many years until tearing it with us (figures). Not sure if it was the same knee though.

I don't know. That right leg still doesn't have nearly the same movement as his left. He may throw left handed, but he is a righty so that should be his dominant leg. I think he will definitely be sitting this year.
He had MAJOR surgery on his hip 7 months ago. I really don’t see how he will be able to play and take hits on that hip for at least a year from the date of the surgery. The normal recovery period of time for an injury like Tua had is 6-12 months. Yet individuals who have this type surgery do not then go out and have massive human beings hitting them from all sides as part of their job.
I hope the medical staff of the Dolphins recommends that Tua sit out the 2020 season to allow his hip to fully mend. Putting him at risk of injuring his hip again and ending his career less than a year after surgery just doesn’t make sense to me. I would rather see him sit out the 2020 season and hopefully come back in 2021 and be the Dolphins starting QB for the next 10 to 15 years.

He had MAJOR surgery on his hip 7 months ago. I really don’t see how he will be able to play and take hits on that hip for at least a year from the date of the surgery. The normal recovery period of time for an injury like Tua had is 6-12 months. Yet individuals who have this type surgery do not then go out and have massive human beings hitting them from all sides as part of their job.
I hope the medical staff of the Dolphins recommends that Tua sit out the 2020 season to allow his hip to fully mend. Putting him at risk of injuring his hip again and ending his career less than a year after surgery just doesn’t make sense to me. I would rather see him sit out the 2020 season and hopefully come back in 2021 and be the Dolphins starting QB for the next 10 to 15 years.
Wasn't he cleared to play with no restrictions already?

Well let’s say 11 months in your case. Puts him in October. Miami has been strategic in their approach since the firesales last year. I mentioned October because by then you are going to know what kind of team you have. If Miami is not successful, I think Tua should experience. The only asterik on that is if the line is atrocious. If Fitzpatrick is leading this team to many wins, based on the fact Miami has not been successful lately, you keep him in. I mentioned Mia has been strategic. They must be eying 2021 has the leap year. They would have seen their picks and free agents in the flesh. Some pan out some dont. The question is what scenario in 2020 puts Tua in the best position to start 2021. Again unless Mia is winning like crazy, I think Tua leads a .500 or worse team to get experience (takes over). Now if he leads them to a huge turn around, great. But Mia needs Tua to be plug and play in 2021. The Mahomes thing I think was an aberration. Mahomes is a great qb but also on a great, Andy Reid led Team. Finally even if the defense is bad or the Wrs dont play well, Mia makes the move in conjunction with the play of the Oline.

After the bye week if Phins are out of playoff contention. Rosen may compete for the job or be backup up until trade deadline.

Keep in mind doctors didn't think tannehill needed surgery....just saying....lol

Good point, I do have a distrust of doctors. I’ve seen a lot of **** working in the hospital and how they tweak their numbers.

All I've ever seen that poster do is run around here blurting out the same thing on repeat constantly. "This sucks" or "that sucks". "This is stupid" or "that is stupid". "This is sh^t" or "that is sh^t".

Funny, I can't see a thing that poster has to say.

Back
Top Bottom