Tua working with DVP,Merrit,Hollins,Wilson | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua working with DVP,Merrit,Hollins,Wilson

I dont see how we can keep Parker if we draft a WR. Draft pick, Williams, Fuller, Bowden, Wilson. thats 5 WRs so playing time will already be tight also whos playing special teams here? only Bowden. So you Trade Parker whos due $12 million

Like it or not Parker has been our best receiver the past couple of years. Don't trade him, surround him with other talent. He's not paid that much so what's the point?
I think ypu need Parker for at least one more season. Going with Fuller and a rookie and the makeshift other pieces of Miami's wr corp without Parker would likely leave the team in an even worse position than going with Fuller, Parker and the wr corp minus a top level draft pick. In my book having Parker, Fuller and rookie would be the best way to go. You need more than two good wrs, especially if one is a rookie and the other is new to the team. If you were to move Parker you would create a hole that needs to be filled with either another top draft pick or a trade for a big name wr that will cost a lot more than Parker's salary. One thing to remember about Parker is he's no wr diva, if the team ask him to play the alpa role he'll do it, but if they ask him to just play a lesser role as a number 2 o 3 wr he'll do that too without complaining. For better or worse he lacks that "I'm the big dog so feed me like the big dog" mentality. He seems to be just as content getting 80-90 targets as he would be if he got 130 or 140. At least that's been the case with Parker so far, maybe two years of being Miami's lead wr and the fact that he should be in his NFL prime has changed him in ways we haven't seen yet.

Last edited:
Many seem to forget that Parker played hurt most of last year with the nagging hammy, we need to keep him and supplement the WR corps. Waddle will not be the starter over Wilson unless an injury occurs there. maybe late in the year he starts to get more snaps, but it takes time for WR's to learn the nuance of the pro game.

Many seem to forget that Parker played hurt most of last year with the nagging hammy, we need to keep him and supplement the WR corps. Waddle will not be the starter over Wilson unless an injury occurs there. maybe late in the year he starts to get more snaps, but it takes time for WR's to learn the nuance of the pro game.
Hard to forget Parker is hurt since he’s always hurt lol

Funny how some of these “fans” said “doesn’t mean a thing if he’s not practicing with his WRs.” When pics of him working out pop up, now that there’s a pic of him working out with his WRs showing he’s putting the commitment along with his receivers to get better it’s not special “it’s their job.”

Edit: GFY @BigNastyFish. 😈

Last edited:
And you hate Tua so go figure.
No I don't hate him, he is a nice guy and has a great work ethic, great team player. I hate the decision of our front office passing on Herbert and picked a 5'11 QB with a week arm and slow legs, not to mention all the injuries, he was just way over hyped. I am coach and you DO NOT EVER, I MEAN EVER go outside the Scouting numbers related to physical attributes when drafting so high, Herbert would have been a no-brainer on my board over Tua. Tua is not even close from a physical standpoint to play at a high level in the NFL. I hope he proves me wrong, but the numbers are totally stacked against him in my eyes and many others.

No I don't hate him, he is a nice guy and has a great work ethic, great team player. I hate the decision of our front office passing on Herbert and picked a 5'11 QB with a week arm and slow legs, not to mention all the injuries, he was just way over hyped. I am coach and you DO NOT EVER, I MEAN EVER go outside the Scouting numbers related to physical attributes when drafting so high, Herbert would have been a no-brainer on my board over Tua. Tua is not even close from a physical standpoint to play at a high level in the NFL. I hope he proves me wrong, but the numbers are totally stacked against him in my eyes and many others.
First off..he's 6'.

Second, he doesn't have a weak arm, just not a rocket for arm.

Third, we will see how he does, as you say; maybe he's the next Drew Brees. Maybe he's not. Time will tell.

:shrug:

Regardless...it's why you make snarky comments instead of being excited about our QB.

Would love waddle but I bet that would mean we release Wilson

Agreed! But at this point is that a bad trade off? Albert “maybe” back to his old self when camp starts. He’s older and more expensive and has an injury history.

I’m pretty crazy and I would sure up the receiver spot once and for all.

I’m taking Smith at 6 and IF waddle falls outside of the top 10 then I’m trading up from 18 to get him.

Finally with our next highest pick and taking the best RB I can find.

On the back end I’m releasing Albert, Hines for sure!

6’6” isn’t prototypical either for a QB 6”3 to 6’4” are the prototypical #s. The difference between 3 inches either way are #s way overblown unless you’re a very loose woman. As far as other physical attributes Tua may not have as strong an arm as Herbert buts it’s as strong as some hall of famers and future hall of famers like Brady, so that arm strength garbage is just as overblown as height.
Tua has things the other QBs don’t have which is accuracy and anticipation things you can’t work on or teach.
I’d rather have a 6 foot QB with average arm strength with accuracy and anticipation, than a 6’6” QB who sprays throws all over the field who just throws it up for grabs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom