Tua year 2 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua year 2

His legs are like tree trunks he is built low to the ground

His balance in college was great and after the injury he didn’t look to have his confidence (can hardly blame him) but don’t forget he hasn’t reached man strength yet

The entire rookie class has not reached their strength particularly Austin Jackson and Iggy

I expect jumps from the rookie class
Iggy and Ajax were the first and third youngest players in the league.

I won't lie. I wanted more established prospects, not projects.

But hard to know what you have in a rookie that was 20 yrs old when drafted.

Let's be real, our first round last year looked very underwhelming. But I think there are legitimate reasons to believe in the future of all 3 without being a homer.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

The mental part probably starts with the physical part and gaining more confidence after that gruesome injury. There's no doubt in my mind this kid is going to work on every aspect of his game.

I will agree he needs to gain confidence in his physical talents and that confidence comes with conditioning his body back to where it was. And I agree it was apparent he still didn't trust his body. Maybe I'm a little prejudiced, but *EVERY* NFL QB needs to master the mental part of the game, starting with running out on the field with an understanding of the situation, diagnosing the D, adjusting coverages,, that type of stuff - all before he needs to rely on physical talents. Admittedly, that's true of all rookies and, sadly, too many vets.It just seemed to me he wasn't comfortable with the pre-snap stuff.

I may be in a minority. I'm not saying TT DOESN'T need to get in better NFL shape, but, IMO, his biggest progress needs to be the mental part - reading Ds, quicker decisions. And, for the record, I expect that.
But we can't gush over pics of his mental progress like we can w those tree trunks and guns.

Dumb question, excuse my ignorance, who is Taino Tagovailoa? Is he a family member or a nobody on Twitter who just uses that name. He’s always posting about Tua.

The kid's a hard worker who wants to be the best. One thing that would help him be better is to give him some dynamic players to work with. Hoping that's coming soon.
I've heard that somewhere before. Maybe twice........

They kind of go hand in hand though. It’s a lot easier to process things when your body gives you natural advantages. It looked to me like Tua was accustomed to being able to do things that he just couldn’t last year and it threw him off his entire game. That’s my hope at least.

Agree. Coming off an injury and lack of typical offseason hindered Tua

Some of our rookies were young for rookies. Jackson (and is bone marrow donation), Iggy, and Tua with the injury and no preseason. Maybe this will mean a big sophomore jump.
They are maturing young men they won’t be getting weaker I can tell yah that

I know workout pictures don't automatically mean Tua will be better, but yes, he will be better. Last offseason and even into the Summer he was rehabbing a significant injury. Now he is now longer rehabbing, he is building strength and improving his body.

I think Tua might have one of the biggest season to season jumps we see out of any player this upcoming season.
So many people can’t grasp that first part it’s crazy

I think he's going to put up better #s then Herbert this year.

What I do find weird is no comments from anyone from the offense, like Parker, Gesicki,Bowden,Gaskins

Back
Top Bottom