Tua year 2 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua year 2

Man, I hope he becomes the QB we all thought he could be when we drafted him. If continues to struggle again this year, this front office will move on from him quickly, at least I hope so.

Man, I hope he becomes the QB we all thought he could be when we drafted him. If continues to struggle again this year, this front office will move on from him quickly, at least I hope so.

Not certain what "we all thought he could be." For me, I'll be happy with top 10. Yeah, I want elite/HOF, but top 10 is good. If Flo continues showing he's a top HC, he'll build an organization allowing TT to be successful.

Not certain what "we all thought he could be." For me, I'll be happy with top 10. Yeah, I want elite/HOF, but top 10 is good. If Flo continues showing he's a top HC, he'll build an organization allowing TT to be successful.

yeah of course, he doesnt have to be the next Marino or anything, just a playmaking QB top 10 QB where we dont have to worry about or question who our starting QB is for the next few years.

yeah of course, he doesnt have to be the next Marino or anything, just a playmaking QB top 10 QB where we dont have to worry about or question who our starting QB is for the next few years.

I'm in with you, but some want 'elite or bust.'

This time last yr Tua was relearning how to walk (not an exaggeration). It feels different at first when u suffer that injury. You are also very limited in what Dr's will let you do for months after. Reinjury is a major concern for a while.

Getting that leg back to normal was priority 1, 2, and 3 in those 9 months Tua had. Now he can train like a normal player.

I really don't think Tua gets nearly enough credit or understanding regarding how hard it must have been to to what he did his first yr. Even tho yeah, he did look bad if u ignore that obstacle.

But now year Tua is upon us (unless every beatwriter I don't trust is right)

Until further notice... Year Tua
What are you talking about when you say this time last year he was relearning how to walk? Tua was cleared for ALL football activity on March 9th last year. He had a pro day, which Trent Dilfer put together for NFL teams on April 9th which he posted on his social media. Some people on this site think Tua rolled up out of his hospital bed and then walked into the Dolphins facility. 😂 If Tua was cleared for all football activity, I think he could have definitely started weight training in March of last year.

What are you talking about when you say this time last year he was relearning how to walk? Tua was cleared for ALL football activity on March 9th last year. He had a pro day, which Trent Dilfer put together for NFL teams on April 9th which he posted on his social media. Some people on this site think Tua rolled up out of his hospital bed and then walked into the Dolphins facility. 😂 If Tua was cleared for all football activity, I think he could have definitely started weight training in March of last year.

Didn't you see Tua walk to the Podium like Gollum from Lord of the Rings?

I know workout pictures don't automatically mean Tua will be better, but yes, he will be better. Last offseason and even into the Summer he was rehabbing a significant injury. Now he is now longer rehabbing, he is building strength and improving his body.

I think Tua might have one of the biggest season to season jumps we see out of any player this upcoming season.
That would be nice,

PREACH!!!

200-1.gif

Sorry, that was just bad wording. Should have said "After the injury." It was in mid November, so the timing of that statement is off (I will edit that, so thanks for correcting me).

He had surgery immediately, so he would have likely been walking normally by December. I'm not going to pretend like I know how long or hard his specific recovery was though.

My brother is a competitive gymnast that dislocated and fractured his hip from a fall while rope climbing a few months after Tua did, so I saw the recovery from this firsthand.

He said it felt almost alien to walk at first, but after a couple weeks or so he could do it without a cane.

What I wrote comes from what I saw and researched during my own family experience w this.

But yeah, I should not have said "this time last year," and I don't know the specifics of Tua's recovery obviously. But I have a medical background (not a doctor, but went to dental school) and did heavy research to help my brother. This is not an injury to be taken lightly.

It takes so much force to dislocated the hip of a young healthy person that it is mostly seen in high impact vehicle accidents. There's a reason it's not very common in sports, even in football.

Yeah, he was cleared for football activity when you say. But I would bet a large portion of his training was based on regaining what he lost and physical therapy to prepare his body to take hits again.

And even when my brother was cleared to practice, it came with many restrictions that were lifted over time. Again, I can't know what Tua had to deal with in this respect.

But lets not pretend he had the freedom and ability to train like a normal incoming rookie.

*And w the April Pro Day u reference, people (including me) were shocked and impressed by the fact that Tua could move around and throw a ball to uncovered recievers on video. That's all it was. He def didn't look good if u ignore the injury. But it was about proving he wasn't broken and was slowly making strides.

Last edited:
You have to look at this as if a fan of another team. Let's say the Jets drafted Tua. Or let's say some generic team drafted Tua. He had the identical season we saw in Miami. Then one month later that picture surfaced.

How much would you care, from afar? How much of an adjustment in expectation would you make?

I may be in a minority. I'm not saying TT DOESN'T need to get in better NFL shape, but, IMO, his biggest progress needs to be the mental part - reading Ds, quicker decisions. And, for the record, I expect that.

giphy.gif

Hope he pans out, his first year wasn´t that good, I think flores rushed him a little.

Back
Top Bottom