Tua's a top 10 QB | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's a top 10 QB

The one Waddle got hurt on was high. He just seemed high all day. Not bad, but could have made a good day a great day. All in all this was a let down spot and they managed to win still.
Waddle got hurt after he tried to get off the ground. Waddle also dropped what wouldve been a TD for him cuz he had an angle to go the distance if hauls that one in.
Until Miami can run the ball, we'll suffer from every missed opportunity in terms of racking up big points. It's like trying to win at poker with a small stack of chips. You got a shot but little room for error.

Foot work does need to be cleaned up a little though.

Frye better have a good offseason plan for that if he is our guy moving forward (which I believe he is).
80% completion % and we're worried about footwork. One less drop for Waddle wouldve meant 6 more pts for Miami today.

Waddle got hurt after he tried to get off the ground. Waddle also dropped what wouldve been a TD for him cuz he had an angle to go the distance if hauls that one in.
Until Miami can run the ball, we'll suffer from every missed opportunity in terms of racking up big points. It's like trying to win at poker with a small stack of chips. You got a shot but little room for error.

The one where Waddle ended up catching a cramp, if Tua put it on him right he would have scored.

There are always going to be missed opportunities though, and overall the line of work Tua has put together since returning from injury is efficient to say the least.

80% completion % and we're worried about footwork. One less drop for Waddle wouldve meant 6 more pts for Miami today.
Clearly you did not notice a few high passes over the middle when he got flat footed and did not step toward and drive on his target.

I'm not a Tua basher, I'm a massive Tua supporter, but you are kidding yourself if you think he is a finished product.

You realize Brady still refines his footwork and motion every offseason right?

You never stop trying to get better....

His numbers wil be gawdy not with this team - think long game some weapons bought and drafted it will be good

Fantasy QBs stats who really cares

I see no reason why he cant be a 30+ Td's, single digit int guy. but I dont see him wowing the league with the 5000+ yard seasons that i guess you have to have as a QB to be considered elite.

That doesnt bother me one bit as long as he wins. but i mean hell if all the passes werent dropped yesterday that were on the mark, he might've had over 300 yards. The Smythe play I'm not putting as a negative for either Tua or Smythe, that was a perfect pass but there was almost zero % chance Smythe could've caught it with his arm shoved in the non-PI call.

So who knows he may be a 300 yd a game passer.

But he's got time, in the next couple years you'll have the rodgers and bradys retiring freeing up a couple spots

I was saying the few times he is off target, the reasons are things that can be cleaned up. No reason to think his comp % should stay the same or get even better as the routes get deeper and he gets more aggressive, b/c the game will slow down for him (assuming he keeps the trajectory and keeps working).

he's getting noticed, but i dont think he has the making of a media darling to get put on the pedestal like i mentioned.

Thats why i said i could see week to week the media saying the fins have the better QB on 90% of Sundays, but when they make their top 10 lists, I think he'd be overlooked due to overall flashiness and big plays that they desire.

So yes he's getting respect now, I just dont think it would show up in a top 10 list with this style of play

respect/recognition are a little bit different that being lifted up onto a throne above others.
Wins is what matters. If the Dolphins become perennial winners then he will be a media darling. And I disagree that he can't be a 300 yd, 4 TD guy. IMO this OL is what's preventing this offense from putting up flashy numbers. Tua is clearly an aggressive passer as he's always near the top in tight window throws. And percentage-wise he's one of the more accurate deep passers. Give him more than 2.5 secs to pass and you'll see a big jump in deep passes and flash plays.

Considering we have the worst running game in the NFL, a below average OL, and no real vertical threat in the WR group, I’m shocked that Tua is able to still move the ball down field like he has. If you don’t think Tua has been playing top 10, you aren’t being honest with yourself.

Clearly you did not notice a few high passes over the middle when he got flat footed and did not step toward and drive on his target.

I'm not a Tua basher, I'm a massive Tua supporter, but you are kidding yourself if you think he is a finished product.

I’m about as big a Tua supporter as you’re going to find amongst historical Dolphins fans (not Tua/Bama fans who adopted the Dolphins), and I agree entirely.

Tua is an excellent young prospect, but he’s got a long way to go to be an excellent NFL quarterback. As did virtually every 23-year old quarterback in football history.

Right now, Tua has excellent accuracy, excellent pocket presence, and excellent decisiveness. He plays with confidence that can’t be taught. Those are phenomenal building blocks.

But he’s still prone to confusion and poor decision making, he still gets flustered on occasion, and he’s still not great at reading defenses. He’s currently making quick, one-read decisions and doing a great job at it. In the long run, to be great, he needs to be able to sit in the pocket, let plays develop, and hit the open man at the right time. I’m very optimistic that that will come. But he’s not there yet.

honestly IMO....fins fans will probably be the only fans that ever consider Tua a top 10 QB . I can see the media and other outlets saying "Tua is a good QB" but i dont see him having the flashiness or the elite tools that get put up on a pedestal.

Maybe if we start getting some playoff wins or win the division then some heads will turn his way.

I love the kid, the accuracy, the fire he's been showing, but he's not going to make the weekly highlights often for multiple deep throws down the field...you know what, thats okay. He's not going to take off and break the D's ankles multiple times a game...you know what, thats okay. if we throw 10 passes and run the ball 5 times to take it 75 yards for a TD then so be it, thats our offense. If we can win that way awesome.

Tua can be the type of QB that when people do the weekly positional comparison, the arrow will always point to the fins or be equal, but i still dont think he will get the recognition to be considered top 10 . With a better OL, and better weapons on the outside then maybe we will see the playbook opened up some and Tua going downfield.

Even posters here complain about he's not a 300 yd 4 td a game QB, even though give me 2 TD's, 220 yds and a W.

And this isnt a knock Tua post, this is just a lets be realistic in what we will prob here outside of finheaven. I just want to win, and i think Tua is the guy we can do it with. Its just going to be nice once we get the weapons stocked to see if he can beat teams that think he can only throw 2 yards to left
Somehow they put Mac Jones on the pedestal though with the same thing. I don't put any stock in what the media says though so it's of no consequence.

I see no reason why he cant be a 30+ Td's, single digit int guy. but I dont see him wowing the league with the 5000+ yard seasons that i guess you have to have as a QB to be considered elite.

That doesnt bother me one bit as long as he wins. but i mean hell if all the passes werent dropped yesterday that were on the mark, he might've had over 300 yards. The Smythe play I'm not putting as a negative for either Tua or Smythe, that was a perfect pass but there was almost zero % chance Smythe could've caught it with his arm shoved in the non-PI call.

So who knows he may be a 300 yd a game passer.

But he's got time, in the next couple years you'll have the rodgers and bradys retiring freeing up a couple spots

The ball won’t be on the turf much

Nobody waves the pom poms for mediocrity quite like Dolphins fans, TOP 10 QB LMFAO

He's been outplayed by Mac Jones and is the 3rd best QB in his own division, every single stat backs it up and he's fragile.
You’re asking to be lynched bro :-))

Yet, Brady still throws a few high passes. Every QB does. Agree on footwork, but some high passes doesn’t mean flaws in technique

Back
Top Bottom