Tua's a top 10 QB | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's a top 10 QB

Latest QBR rankings have Tua at #7. I know rankings aren't everything but that is pretty significant, especially when you see the top 10.

It's all the familiar characters.

By the way, Allen is ranked #8 and Mac Jones is #14.

Herbert is #1, followed by Brady.

Latest QBR rankings have Tua at #7. I know rankings aren't everything but that is pretty significant, especially when you see the top 10.

It's all the familiar characters.

By the way, Allen is ranked #8 and Mac Jones is #14.

Herbert is #1, followed by Brady.
Those proverbial "woulda's and coulda's" look clearer through a rearview mirror.

We didn't take Herbert and in the final count he may end up a great QB. Tua may or may not rise to or above his water level but at this point all signs point to him being considerably more than an average league QB. Let's just appreciate who we ended up with.

(Warning: sarcasm)

I think last night settles the debate. Mac Jones lead his team to a gutsy victory. Not many qbs could have done what he did last night. Tua definitely couldn't have.

Tua is not in the top ten right now no, but I like how he has progressed of late and I see no reason why he can't be sooner rather than later. Though I know that will tear some people's nerves up when it does happen.

When teams start jumping our short routes, then we'll see what we really got behind center.

The one Waddle got hurt on was high. He just seemed high all day. Not bad, but could have made a good day a great day. All in all this was a let down spot and they managed to win still.
This Twitter thread reminded me of my thought process in this post.

Not a bash on Tua. Didn't have a great day. A good day yes. He's definitely capable of making those throws but he seemed off a bit.

Im loving what Im seeing from Tua as well, but lets not get carried away here, Tua has a ways to go to be considered a top 10 QB.

Number 2 qb in 4th qtr play this year
Better release accuracy anticipation and top 10 or better in all those

Im loving what Im seeing from Tua as well, but lets not get carried away here, Tua has a ways to go to be considered a top 10 QB.
ESPN QBR has him ranked #7

Folks can debate what that is all they want.

It’s still a statistical measurement of performance.

And Tua is 7th best in his first 16 games in that statistical measure.

Cool…

Believe it or not, Tua is playing to win each game. He is not playing to optimize his QBR or his QB Power Ranking or even his weekly fantasy points. I get the impression that at times some analytics guys have a bit of a fantasy football perspective by fixating on his numbers and ranking. Be mindful that Coach Flo, his coaching team, Tua and his teammates are focused on just winning each game.
Myles Gaskin won my respect in the preseason when asked in a press conference about his pre-fantasy draft projected improvement buzz by going up the RB rankings and his response was beautiful and dismissively brutal in that he explained that actually plays football not fantasy football and went straight to the next question.

Last edited:
ESPN QBR has him ranked #7

Folks can debate what that is all they want.

It’s still a statistical measurement of performance.

And Tua is 7th best in his first 16 games in that statistical measure.

Cool…
I think that people are excited because ESPN created the ranking to determine QB play that gives a team their best chance to win games. His QB rating is top 15 and climbing. It’s absolutely possible that Tua is playing at a top 10 level. Especially if you consider that Tua doesn’t have the best weapons or OL in that top 15. He is literally elevating the team to a level where they don’t deserve to be. It’s all good.

I think that people are excited because ESPN created the ranking to determine QB play that gives a team their best chance to win games. His QB rating is top 15 and climbing. It’s absolutely possible that Tua is playing at a top 10 level. Especially if you consider that Tua doesn’t have the best weapons or OL in that top 15. He is literally elevating the team to a level where they don’t deserve to be. It’s all good.
I think he can be top 15 qb..if he get 2 more good wr and rb..more help on oline.. Tua has showed me enough.

Performance wise you've got to put him in the upper echelon this season. Whatever metric you're basing it off of hes been up there in the top half/third. It is in part because some of those we considered elite at the beginning of this season have struggled. Most would take Mahomes, Jackon and Wilson over Tua even if the numbers don't back up that argument this year.

I think fin fans just need to be thankful that they have a 23 yr old QB with 16 games under his belt who is playing well enough to lead a team to wins. Hes clearly a better player than he was a year ago and there's no reason to think he won't be better a year from now. The only thing that will hold this kid back is health and the inability to put the right pieces around him.

Back
Top Bottom