Tua's Back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Back

jeffc12

Rookie
Reaction score
After listening to his press conference the next day or 2 will be interesting to see how his back responds! It doesn't sound like he's out of the woods yet - obviously I certainly hope he is! Will also be interesting to see the findings on the NFLPA investigation into this. I thought there was no way he was coming back out but everything lines up to makes sense from the hit earlier in the game - which I didn't notice.

I'm still skeptical that it was his back that was hurt. The way he was wobbling while walking, looked like he got his bell rung. I think they knew we had no chance without him and made up the back injury. Just my opinion of course

I'm still skeptical that it was his back that was hurt. The way he was wobbling while walking, looked like he got his bell rung. I think they knew we had no chance without him and made up the back injury. Just my opinion of course
Thatā€™s exactly how I do when my lower back flares upā€¦identical.

I'm suspect of the back injury as well. They knew if he went out with a concussion he was obviously out for the rest of the game but out for the Thursday game as well.

Thatā€™s exactly how I do when my lower back flares upā€¦identical.

Me too.

My only concern is he kept shaking his head.

But yeah, I collapse like that when my spasms flare up.

Serious question. Concussion symptoms can take a couple days to show up sometimes.

Let's see he shows no actual signs, but he did get a concussion. A scan would show that, even with no symptoms and days later.

So my question is this. Is Tua contractually obligated to take a scan at this point if he's not showing symptoms and passed the on field concussion protocol?

Me too.

My only concern is he kept shaking his head.

But yeah, I collapse like that when my spasms flare up.

Serious question. Concussion symptoms can take a couple days to show up sometimes.

Let's see he shows no actual signs, but he did get a concussion. A scan would show that, even with no symptoms and days later.

So my question is this. Is Tua contractually obligated to take a scan at this point if he's not showing symptoms and passed the on field concussion protocol?
I've had lower back issues for years, actually had surgery last year and when it would flare up and I'd get spasms (which are so ****in painful) they don't go away in 20 minutes. Backs just don't feel better that quickly. I'm not saying him hurting his back is not possible but it's suspect for sure

So the NFL doc, Miami doc, Tua and everybody faked a passing concussion exam?
I don't necessarily know that he got a concussion, I think he certainly got his "bell rung" when his head bounced off that turf. The fact that he hits his head, gets up, sort of shakes his head and stumbles is too much of a coincidence but I have no idea, just what I suspect.

After listening to his press conference the next day or 2 will be interesting to see how his back responds! It doesn't sound like he's out of the woods yet - obviously I certainly hope he is! Will also be interesting to see the findings on the NFLPA investigation into this. I thought there was no way he was coming back out but everything lines up to makes sense from the hit earlier in the game - which I didn't notice.
Yes, hoping that fist injury report this week is positive. Worried more about his back than an investigation into breaking protocol.

I just hope its not a lingering thing, i hurt my back junior year jumping on a fumble and being the bottom man in a pile up, years later i was still having flare ups and spasms. And im sure i looked like Tua too, wouldnt really lose balance but back would just go into wonky mode and bout knock me down.

I was arguing in the chat thing though that it could be his back flaring up before it was even announced...IIRC, i was pounding the beers pretty quick

Back
Top Bottom