Tua's Back | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Back

They are not investigating the specific decision. They are investigating to determine if the protocol requirements are satisfactory and sufficient. You imply they are investigating the organization for wrongdoing, when that is not at all the case.

I'm not even sure the NFLPA has standing to force the issue legally, if there is no complaint by the affected member parties.

"The NFLPA is initiating an investigation into the handling of #Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa’s concussion check during their game against the #Bills today in Miami, per source."

You should be sorry for giving an uninformed opinion.

So should the countless media people I’ve seen today saying “I didn’t hear anything about a back injury before this so it must be a head injury cause I saw that one play”

Clearly you people don’t believe in following up and collecting all the available facts. Instead it’s “I get to voice an opinion w/ only a small view of a very large picture.

Good, great, grand, wonderful.

If that’s your preferred M.O. then be prepared to be wrong …. A lot.

I still don’t see an attempt by the ill informed to go back and review the play where Tua hurt his back. Or to find out more about what went on behind the scenes.

Nope. Minds are already made up so no need for further research. SMH.

Unlike you, I’m reserving judgement until a clearer picture appears. And I’m not jumping to the “liar liar pants on fire” attack toward those that deserve to be taken at their word until proven otherwise.
Actually I said I'm sure Tua did hurt his back... but I guess you didn't go back and read that. Perhaps you should've went back and collected all the available facts.

"The NFLPA is initiating an investigation into the handling of #Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa’s concussion check during their game against the #Bills today in Miami, per source."
Did you read the actual article, or just the headline? They have not made any allegations against the Dolphins. They are investigating the handling, to make sure the protocol was instituted properly. The protocol is handled, and decision made by an independent neurologist, not by the Phins, or Tua himself.

Do you have reason to believe the Dolphins circumvented the well defined procedure in any way?

Did you read the actual article, or just the headline? They have not made any allegations against the Dolphins. They are investigating the handling, to make sure the protocol was instituted properly. The protocol is handled, and decision made by an independent neurologist, not by the Phins, or Tua himself.

Do you have reason to believe the Dolphins circumvented the well defined procedure in any way?
I pulled that tweet from the article itself. Why is it so hard to believe the team is being investigated over what appeared to be head trauma on TV? I'm sure alot of people came to the same conclusion (right or wrong), and it deserves attention. Anyway, I think we're saying the same thing.

Imo both the league and dolphins had plenty to gain from Tua getting back into the game of the week. If Bridgewater stays in and plays poorly, the dolphins lose and 5ge league loses viewership.

I'm not a professed doctor, neurologist, league official, ref, or anything else. Just a fan that saw something very jarring (the incident), then something uncomfortable (Tua back in the game) and would like to see the league care about something other than the bottom line.

All this while admittedly being very happy to see Tua come out of the locker room, so maybe a bit hypocritical as well

Mine are lower, and I **** you not, every now and then I take a step, and my left hip just fails to support any weight. It is exactly what Tua appeared to have happen. I'm not saying I know for sure what the whole story is, but ppl saying a back injury can't have that effect are dead wrong.

I agree cuz I have had the same thing happen. I told a Bills fan buddy that I actually find the explanation more concerning than a head injury.

I agree cuz I have had the same thing happen. I told a Bills fan buddy that I actually find the explanation more concerning than a head injury.
Absolutely. I've had serious back issues and SI Joint issues. Especially with the SI joint once that slips its excruciating pain and it's certainly possible to lose your balance and crumple to the ground. Unfortunately I know from experience.

I pulled that tweet from the article itself. Why is it so hard to believe the team is being investigated over what appeared to be head trauma on TV? I'm sure alot of people came to the same conclusion (right or wrong), and it deserves attention. Anyway, I think we're saying the same thing.

Imo both the league and dolphins had plenty to gain from Tua getting back into the game of the week. If Bridgewater stays in and plays poorly, the dolphins lose and 5ge league loses viewership.

I'm not a professed doctor, neurologist, league official, ref, or anything else. Just a fan that saw something very jarring (the incident), then something uncomfortable (Tua back in the game) and would like to see the league care about something other than the bottom line.

All this while admittedly being very happy to see Tua come out of the locker room, so maybe a bit hypocritical as well
All I'm saying is that, as far as I know and have heard, the Dolphins followed the protocol to the letter. If it comes out that they didn't, that's a different thing. If they followed it, and the independent neurologist cleared him to play, that's it for AFAIC.

If the NFLPA is not happy with the well defined structure (which they agreed upon, by the way) of the protocol, I have no issue with changing it for the good of the player, but that has nothing to do with the Dolphins individually, and is a negotiation between them, and the NFL as a whole.

As far as the stuff about the league/team doing something shady to circumvent procedure, such as bribing the independent doctor, or purposely hiding something, that's getting into conspiracy theory territory.

Then again, just because someone is paranoid, it doesn't mean they are wrong.......

They are not investigating the specific decision. They are investigating to determine if the protocol requirements are satisfactory and sufficient. You imply they are investigating the organization for wrongdoing, when that is not at all the case.

I'm not even sure the NFLPA has standing to force the issue legally, if there is no complaint by the affected member parties.

Well..If that's the case.
I'll stand down.

But it gets curious when things happen or don't happen to certain players.

But if that's what it is, then there's nor much to it.

There was no practice. This was a "pretend" report simulating if they in fact actually practiced, what it would have looked like. NFL rules you have to provide a practice report, even if you don't physically have one.

Wow, I didn't know that.

Looks like only Hill would have practiced today lol.

Actually I said I'm sure Tua did hurt his back... but I guess you didn't go back and read that. Perhaps you should've went back and collected all the available facts.

Oh stop it. You clearly stated that you doubted the back injury. Don’t start backpedaling now.

Here, I’ll repost it since you can’t seem to remember what you wrote. And don’t bother re-stating something else you may have said elsewhere because it doesn’t absolve you of your accusation.

Furthermore, I clearly quoted and responded to the following:

I'm suspect of the back injury as well. They knew if he went out with a concussion he was obviously out for the rest of the game but out for the Thursday game as well.

What facts am I missing above? ZERO.

You gave an ill informed opinion. Just admit it.

Last edited:
Teddy Bridgewater Sucks in this offense, they need to trade him and elevate Skylar Thompson

Back
Top Bottom