Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021

That's cause he was either injured or was getting pulled for Fitzmagic.
Not his fault his coach was an idiot. Fitz was a terrible 37-year old journeyman who’d never made the playoffs in his life. He’s got a career record of 59-87 and a Dolphins record of 9-11. Any coach who’d bench a 22-year old first round QB for him deserved to be fired. His injury was also directly attributable to starting Jesse Davis at right tackle—another fireable offense from a moron coach.

Yeah, but what percentage of his passes were "on target." How bout THAT! I see how you avoid bringing up that Tua was like 99.9928% on target, twice in a row, against the Giants and Panthers.
I have no idea.

This thread actually was born when I went to compare Mac Jones to Tua and just noticed how similar Mills and Tuas stats were.

Exception to every rule.

But typically how your QB plays, the single most important and impactful position on the field, tends to tell the story.

Pointing out an Exception and claiming it as the norm to strengthen your narrative is not consistent or an accurate depiction.
Yea but how many games did Tua actually "win" for us this year. Each one of our wins came from a team effort.... against awful opposing qbs mind you.

I dont remember Tua bringing us back out of a 21 point hole or getting into a shootout and being forced to score a boat load of points.

Oh I understand what it entails. I just have an issue with anyone saying QB win/loss isn't a QB stat. It's absolutely laughable.

In fact if you go to Pro Football Reference and look up any QB past or present the categories go like this:

Pos. Num. G .GS. QBrec. QB record is the first statistical category outside of Games and Games Started.
I’m gonna be completely honest. I was really curious to getting an official answer for this, and Although QB W/L record is not listed on the NFL.com website, I did some digging and there is an online official “nfl records and facts” book (not stats), that does list active QB W/L records.

So at this point I’m not sure if W/L record is an official QB stat or not.

Davis Mills was always a guy that would look better as a pro than in college. He looked pretty decent this year but I like Tua more.

I think if Davis Mills reaches his potential his ceiling is like a Andy Dalton.

I’m interested to hear the closest statistical comparison to Kyler Murray tonight. He’s currently 12/22 for 74 yards, 0 TDs, and 2 picks (including a pick-6) in a playoff game.

This place would lose it if Tua had a game like this.

I’m interested to hear the closest statistical comparison to Kyler Murray tonight. He’s currently 12/22 for 74 yards, 0 TDs, and 2 picks (including a pick-6) in a playoff game.

I'm new here but I see this on Twitter on all the time. Everyone hates on Tua and doesn't want to hear excuses (bad oline + offensive game plan) but Kyler Murray, Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones all get a free passes with "valid" excuses

I'm new here but I see this on Twitter on all the time. Everyone hates on Tua and doesn't want to hear excuses (bad oline + offensive game plan) but Kyler Murray, Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones all get a free passes with "valid" excuses

Welcome to the site :cheers:

I wonder what Bokamper has to say about it.

Incorrect..... Mac Jones gets called a generational talent after winning a game in which he only threw 2 passes.

Aroused Donald Trump GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Both players played in 13 games

Tua - 16tds -10ints - 2,653 yards - 67.8 comp% - 6.8 YPP

David Mills - 16tds - 10ints - 2,664 yards - 66.8 comp % - 6.8 YPP

Neck and Neck with David Mills is goddamn impressive.

Yeah, and sometimes a QB can play lights out and lose and other QBs can throw 3 INTs and the team still wins Due to the running game or the defense. That’s the whole point, it’s not as black and white as the teams’ W/L record painting the whole picture Of a QBs performance. A team can win in spite of their QB just like they can win in spite of their defense.
ppl act like the chargers d is god awful

Back
Top Bottom