Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021

I'm new here but I see this on Twitter on all the time. Everyone hates on Tua and doesn't want to hear excuses (bad oline + offensive game plan) but Kyler Murray, Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones all get a free passes with "valid" excuses
I can only speak for myself, but none of them get passes from me. Lawrence looked terrible. Wilson and Mac looked okay, and as explosive as Kyler is I’ve never trusted his style of play come playoff time.

All of them, Tua included, have not looked like franchise QBs to date other than arguably Kyler.

Google “QB stats” and tell me what you see about W/L. You won’t see anything.

W/L is a stat, it’s just not a QB one. Just like it’s not a RB one or a WR one.
The only stat that ties a player to wins and losses in a team sport is a STARTING PITCHER in MLB… Last time I checked this message board was devoted to Miami Dolphins football. So wins and losses aren’t officially tied to any one player.

The only stat that ties a player to wins and losses in a team sport is a STARTING PITCHER in MLB… Last time I checked this message board was devoted to Miami Dolphins football. So wins and losses aren’t officially tied to any one player.
I should say all MLB pitches get credit for wins not just starting pitchers.

Again, put context with those throws. Mills put up a lot of yards in meaningless fourth quarters where his team was down more than two touchdowns. You can say 'Miami won with defense', but six times in eleven games with Mills at QB the Texans failed to score 10 points. I don't care how good the Dolphins defense was......less than ten points = loss.
Watching Tua in close-and-late situations, there is much more confidence than previous QBs that he will gain the needed first downs to put the game away. Doesn't always lead to points but if you were to watch the win probability meter, they are game defining drives. It's happened a lot this year. And thus leads to a very different feeling when we're put in that situation...you get the feeling that chances are he will pull it out vs the other way around.

Not his fault his coach was an idiot. Fitz was a terrible 37-year old journeyman who’d never made the playoffs in his life. He’s got a career record of 59-87 and a Dolphins record of 9-11. Any coach who’d bench a 22-year old first round QB for him deserved to be fired. His injury was also directly attributable to starting Jesse Davis at right tackle—another fireable offense from a moron coach.
"Not his fault" the tua lovers battlecry

I’m interested to hear the closest statistical comparison to Kyler Murray tonight. He’s currently 12/22 for 74 yards, 0 TDs, and 2 picks (including a pick-6) in a playoff game.

This place would lose it if Tua had a game like this.
That would never happen because tua would never be in the playoffs

That would never happen because tua would never be in the playoffs
Never be in the playoffs??? We were one game away. A team with Tim Tebow as their QB made the playoffs.

394.jpg

Yup, one game. Too bad Tua blew it in that Tennessee game.

Back
Top Bottom