Tua's development | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's development

It is almost amusing that those chronically critical of Tua after only his rookie year in which he entered the league under as adverse conditions as any QB ever has entered the NFL throw in lines like, “I really hope he succeeds,” and “I wanted Miami to draft Tua,” etc.

And then spend 10 hours a day tearing him down trying to prove he sucks. Like spanking your kid and telling him/her you love them at the same time.
Be honest, 'only his rookie year', if Tua has top 15 qb ranking, you all would proclaimed he is the second coming.

Last edited:
You act like most of the NFL world didn’t assess him as unimpressive in his rookie campaign…which they did!

It’s only the certain segment of the Dolphin world that we’re so fanatical about drafting him that refuse to see the reality of the situation…his arm strength and playmaking were unimpressive, especially for the 5th pick in the draft. I’ll say again…let’s hope he improves because what we saw last year won’t cut it!
Yes, let's pretend that he was at 100% and he wasn't playing with a practice squad level receivers at the end.

Be honest, 'only his rookie year', if Tua has top 15 qb ranking, you all would proclaimed he is the second coming.
I actually thought he should have sat his entire rookie year given the context. He played at about the level I expected.

If he had a top 15 ranking, I would be extremely impressed considering the adversity he was dealing with and might say something like that in jest.

To be honest, I think QB rating can be extremely flawed. It depends on how a QB accumulated the stats.

What I would be is looking forward to his growth in year 2 just as I am right now.

Let's be honest if he plays well, you will disappear until he has a bad game.
No…I think most Dolphin fans want a winner and are rooting for Tua to have the lightbulb go on and display better arm strength than we witnessed.

If he plays well…I’ll be praising him.

This is a Dolphin forum…not a pep squad.

We’ve always discussed our opinions and differences on this forum and it’s why we come. We didn’t use to have this gestapo type insistence on agreement and the use of terms like “haters” to describe those who see a situation differently than you!

But he had a better rookie year than a lot of HOFers but you still **** on him. Goes both ways.
It’s not even about the raw numbers…it’s the unimpressive way it was done. The arm strength…etc etc etc

You didn’t feel like you were watching future greatness…hopefully the hip recovery was the issue!

Let's be honest if he plays well, you will disappear until he has a bad game.

Yes great example this week when tua had that 5 int practice day, all the so called "critics" (not wanting to be called haters) came out of the woodworks. Next day 6 TD practice, those people dont show up,

But if they were truly "supporters of the team", the least they could do was show up and give him some praise. Do both critique and praise, Now thats fair and square. Then they wonder why they are considered haters. Thing is, we remember those FH names who come and bash and then dissapear.

It’s not even about the raw numbers…it’s the unimpressive way it was done. The arm strength…etc etc etc

You didn’t feel like you were watching future greatness…hopefully the hip recovery was the issue!
You didn’t feel like you were watching future greatness..Dude, is this seriously something you just posted? After 9 games?

You didn’t feel like you were watching future greatness..Dude, is this seriously something you just posted? After 9 games?
I’ve watched enough football in 50+ years of watching this game to know a great arm when I see one. Tua did not display the arm strength of a great QB. Now we’re hoping that it was the hip holding him back and not a lack of arm talent.

When Dan Marino took the field in 1983…it didn’t take long to realize he had it…..Tua did not give many that same impression in 2020. Let’s hope for better in 2021!

I’ve watched enough football in 50+ years of watching this game to know a great arm when I see one. Tua did not display the arm strength of a great QB. Now we’re hoping that it was the hip holding him back and not a lack of arm talent.

When Dan Marino took the field in 1983…it didn’t take long to realize he had it…..Tua did not give many that same impression in 2020. Let’s hope for better in 2021!
How long did it take for you to see Brady's great arm or Montana's?

Back
Top Bottom