Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft) | Page 69 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no sounds like to it - it’s a fact. This was Galu’s decision, not Tua’s. I’ve tried to get that point across for a long time.

Tua may not realize it right now, he’s hurting and he wanted to come back. But it was the right decision. Which is why his dad made it.

Why was it the right decision? What you are saying makes it sound like to maximize earnings before the inevitable. That’s just my read off what you said.

Also, hoops in the article you posted it mentioned a hip replacement? That’s not what he has now, correct??? They were inferring he will need one in the future due to arthritis / degenerative conditions in rhe bone around the hip??

I thought he dislocated the hip (fixed before leaving stadium) and then broke a bone around the hip? I never recall the exact bone but I’m guessing the acetabulum or maybe ischium.. and there is hardware somewhere around there

Anyways if he has a total hip replacement now, they typically last 15 or so years, in a regular person

If we get 10+ of great QB play, I’ll take it.. of course, best case, most optimistic scenario

I think he was referencing down the road inevitable hip replacement but is that 20 plus years from now or 10 or less or what? I don’t know.

the medical team staffs have to figure that stuff out and weigh risk and reward. I just don’t want to be that team that gets it wrong and the guy plays 15 years and is a face of the league. Lol cause that’s our luck

Anyone else notice the slow but steady increase of QB Love hype? I expect him to be a riser and land between 15-32 if it keeps up.
That's because he has the size and talent, and his negatives are correctable with good coaching.

Anytime you have a really bad injury to a joint you will have early degeneration. Thats a fact. Add the risk of lost blood supply and the risk goes higher.
There is a risk for early joint degeneration in the hip. This could require surgical correction somewhere down the road.
I assume that given the circumstances Tua has largely bypassed the major hurdles. -> read bone death from blood supply loss.

I don't think the hardware is going to be a major impediment.

So at the end of the day we are looping back to hip arthritis. I just dont think that is gonna be a problem over the next ten years.

Now him being injury prone due to reckless behavior or a fragile body is probably a different argument.

None of it would preclude me from doing everything I can to acquire his services. That includes trading draft assets to move up.

I think he was referencing down the road inevitable hip replacement but is that 20 plus years from now or 10 or less or what? I don’t know.

the medical team staffs have to figure that stuff out and weigh risk and reward. I just don’t want to be that team that gets it wrong and the guy plays 15 years and is a face of the league. Lol cause that’s our luck
So, this obviously will be a different scenario, but in older people, they typically don’t replace a hip until they think it will last them the rest of their life- usually. So maybe it just ends up as a thing for him where he is dealing with constant aches and pains down the road and decides he needs it done.... but either way in his lifetime he will need 2 of them probably. You’d think he would wait till the time he retires to get it done but who the hell Knows

But yeah man you know I’m right there with ya. Swing for the fences with this dude. I dont WANT to trade up but totally get it if we do

I think if we could use Rosen as a little bit of trade bait that would be ideal

Lol.Your luck comment is right on. Of course, selling the entire draft for Tua and him getting a career ending injury in game 1 would also be our luck.

I wish Tua the best and if we draft him, I will root for him. I just can't see trading the farm for this degree of risk. It is truly unfortunate what has happened to him.

I think the critically important factor in your statement here is, it all depends on WHO the " You " is you are referring to. Most "You's" judgements didn't really get us anywhere and I'm not very comfortable with half of FH as You's either.
IMO. realize to have success you need a quality and not necessarily the best QB, with, and the with just as important, a quality OL, WR, RB and TE, and thats basic football knowledge 101...For real success you can't have one without the other, oh ya and through a good defense in there too...

And then there is the Tannehill sydrome. Didn't do so well with the Dolphins so called rebuild. Funny thing he seems to be lighting it up with actual quality around him ( Hmmmm maybe that is important ? )
Its an interesting point kind of like what came first the chicken or the egg ?

Oh ya the medical evaluation also not a sure thing and in this serious of a injury just another crap shot the organization better be thinking about...

The "you" is Chris Grier, Brian Flores, etc. Not anyone here on FH, self included. I am no expert.

Anytime you have a really bad injury to a joint you will have early degeneration. Thats a fact. Add the risk of lost blood supply and the risk goes higher.
There is a risk for early joint degeneration in the hip. This could require surgical correction somewhere down the road.
I assume that given the circumstances Tua has largely bypassed the major hurdles. -> read bone death from blood supply loss.

I don't think the hardware is going to be a major impediment.

So at the end of the day we are looping back to hip arthritis. I just dont think that is gonna be a problem over the next ten years.

Now him being injury prone due to reckless behavior or a fragile body is probably a different argument.

None of it would preclude me from doing everything I can to acquire his services. That includes trading draft assets to move up.
Yep.

Posterior wall fracture

Anyone interested should good that to get an idea what he may be dealing with. It could be literally a tiny thing, who knows

I’d love to see what his xrays or mri looked like originally

So if it’s no concern in the next 10 years I don’t see how he isn’t green lighted and scooped top 5 and I don’t see how you sit at 5 if he’s your guy and let someone potentially trump you.

I just don’t see it. You go and get your qb. It’s ride or die

you listen to tua talk in that presser that sure doesn’t sound like someone who doesn’t plan to be ready this year or conceding anything.

I tbink this has to be shelved thing for 2020 is very premature.

better not sit at 5 miami.
What would you expect him to say? He has to generate interest from multiple teams to increase his draft position.
"I tbink this has to be shelved thing for 2020 is very premature." Why? Because Tua said so? C'mon, you're smarter than that.
I'm waiting to hear he'll probably be running in a week or two... :bobdole:

Why was it the right decision? What you are saying makes it sound like to maximize earnings before the inevitable. That’s just my read off what you said.
It was the right financial decision once he was given assurances he will be picked top 5-10.
Been saying this for weeks, if Tua went back to school it was because he was not given any indication he was being picked early.
Once he received feedback he had to declare- to risky otherwise. We can review the lost income, risk of injury, faster track to 2nd contract.
Bottom line is this- regardless of injury- if you are a projected top 5 pick you MUST DECLARE unless you living in a fairy tale world where money isn’t important.

So if it’s no concern in the next 10 years I don’t see how he isn’t green lighted and scooped top 5 and I don’t see how you sit at 5 if he’s your guy and let someone potentially trump you.

I just don’t see it. You go and get your qb. It’s ride or die

NFL staffs or Drs. cannot view a player until he declares, I believe he was in New York on Friday and met with a team of medical personnel. I expect that meeting was to determine how NFL teams may view his injury and if they would still draft him early based on what they saw. He declared today...

What would you expect him to say? He has to generate interest from multiple teams to increase his draft position.
"I tbink this has to be shelved thing for 2020 is very premature." Why? Because Tua said so? C'mon, you're smarter than that.
I'm waiting to hear he'll probably be running in a week or two... :bobdole:

Yeah I guess but he comes across to me as very genuine. I don’t think he’s gonna have to do mucb selling other than whatever the medical combine results come back. Which is still 2 months away basically and he’s already almost 2 months post op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom