Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft) | Page 70 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I guess but he comes across to me as very genuine. I don’t think he’s gonna have to do mucb selling other than whatever the medical combine results come back. Which is still 2 months away basically and he’s already almost 2 months post op.
I agree he is genuine, I like the kid from a personal aspect, he says all the right things

NFL staffs or Drs. cannot view a player until he declares, I believe he was in New York on Friday and met with a team of medical personnel. I expect that meeting was to determine how NFL teams may view his injury and if they would still draft him early based on what they saw. He declared today...

He said he talked to gms. I think he heard a bunch of if your a medicals a green light so are we. If I had to bet on it.

It was the right financial decision once he was given assurances he will be picked top 5-10.
Been saying this for weeks, if Tua went back to school it was because he was not given any indication he was being picked early.
Once he received feedback he had to declare- to risky otherwise. We can review the lost income, risk of injury, faster track to 2nd contract.
Bottom line is this- regardless of injury- if you are a projected top 5 pick you MUST DECLARE unless you living in a fairy tale world where money isn’t important.

Andrew luck stayed in school and he would have gone top 5

Iirc Dave Gettleman has never traded down. It obviously could happen and probably will happen one day, but I think it's worth noting.
Interesting draft because outside Cincinnati the other teams ahead are not picking QB.
But moreover, NYG and Lions are under pressure to make playoffs & won’t drop much, Washington shocked if it’s not Chase Young.

I agree with your premise about Gettleman but in this instance I can foresee a drop from 4 to 6 given Andrew Thomas, Wirfs and Simmons will likely be on the board.

Andrew luck stayed in school and he would have gone top 5
Manning and Luck I believe the outliers. Both took great risks. It’s just too much guaranteed money to walk away from.
From what I gather both from very well off families.

Interesting draft because outside Cincinnati the other teams ahead are not picking QB.
But moreover, NYG and Lions are under pressure to make playoffs & won’t drop much, Washington shocked if it’s not Chase Young.

I agree with your premise about Gettleman but in this instance I can foresee a drop from 4 to 6 given Andrew Thomas, Wirfs and Simmons will likely be on the board.

okudah too. Which could be what the giants want anyways.

I agree with you that none will drop far. They gonna want to stay in blue chip territory.

I’m tellin ya though watch out for the skins and the left tackle thomas.

If Dolphins give up a lot to draft him and he suffers a career ending injury in his first time on the field, Hard Rock stadium needs to be razed to the ground because that Indian burial curse is real.

I think that would indeed be too much
I'm all for making a move to get your guy but there has to be limits. I think this scenario is just too much.

And if that teams GM is worth anything then this is exactly where you start with the target goal of getting at least THREE 1st round picks out of Miami.

There’s no sounds like to it - it’s a fact. This was Galu’s decision, not Tua’s. I’ve tried to get that point across for a long time.

Tua may not realize it right now, he’s hurting and he wanted to come back. But it was the right decision. Which is why his dad made it.

Could this be a problem going forward? I get that he's clearly close to his family and respects their decision on things. But this is also a young man deciding "his" future. Yet, his "dad" made the decision for him?

Where does it stop? Can an NFL team expect this to be S.O.P going forward? Ask Tua's dad what x,y,z decision should be?

The pro Tua crowd has inoculated themselves against any blame for their willingness to invest outrageous capitol into trading up for their messiah.

We HAD to take that risk.
What if he is good somewhere else?
You can't win without a star QB, so the risk was justified.
It was just bad luck, all the medicals checked out.
He was that much better than every other QB on Earth, so there!

You can already see it. Not only are they all in, they are already presenting their exit strategy if it doesn't work out.

There is a certain unwillingness to accept any responsibility here. I might say... a certain childishness.

Can the Lions who need to win NOW afford to take a chance on someone like Tua? Is QB play the main reason why they haven't been more successful? If you're the Lions how do you not accept a trade scenerio and add immediate day 1 impact players to your roster to complement your current QB?

Depends on if they can fulfill their needs in later rounds or not. The ironic part is that we need many more pieces than the Lions to get anywhere, still looking for a franchise QB yet everybody is willing to sell the house for one player. On the other hand nobody can believe that the Lions can fill their immediate needs (which are less than ours) in FA and the draft while at the same time picking their QB of the future.

If Dolphins give up a lot to draft him and he suffers a career ending injury in his first time on the field, Hard Rock stadium needs to be razed to the ground because that Indian burial curse is real.

Nothing to do with a burial ground curse. It was a bad decision. And you know what: you will be one of the first ones to say how much Grier sucks for ****ing up that pick.

The pro Tua crowd has inoculated themselves against any blame for their willingness to invest outrageous capitol into trading up for their messiah.

We HAD to take that risk.
What if he is good somewhere else?
You can't win without a star QB, so the risk was justified.
It was just bad luck, all the medicals checked out.
He was that much better than every other QB on Earth, so there!

You can already see it. Not only are they all in, they are already presenting their exit strategy if it doesn't work out.

There is a certain unwillingness to accept any responsibility here. I might say... a certain childishness.

No. Their exit strategy is: Grier sucks. How can he pick Tua that high. etc etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom