Tua's last game with Preston Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's last game with Preston Williams

Stat people like to hide intangibles when evaluating or devaluating a player; intangibles that mark greatness.

I'm reminded of a common measuring stick; "Does the player make the players around him better?"

So, it's been 16 games with almost identical circumstances for Fitzpatrick and Tua with the SAME players.

Does Tua make players around him better than they are with Fitz?

Does Fitz make players around him better than they are with Tua?

If you are down by 7 with 2:00 left and have to choose Tua or Fitz with the same group of guys, who has the best chance to tie or win the game?

Why is an "inferior" veteran QB with 15 years of game film for DC's to evaluate tendencies still able to score?

Why can't a "superior" rookie QB with virtually no game film unable to score in the same situation?

I fear many of the Tua supporters were RT haters.

The shoe is now on your foot. How does it fit?

Roast me if you want but I'm having a hard time with how often Tua goes left with his throws ...

I don't know if it's because he throws as a lefty? scheme driven? WR's are hardly ever open to the right? It's my imagination?

Does anyone else see this or is it me? If it's not me then help me understand it please.

Seems like if a QB throws 80% of his throws to one side he would be easier to defend....

Every QB throws more often to their strong side. Its hard to throw across the body.

Why is an "inferior" veteran QB with 15 years of game film for DC's to evaluate tendencies still able to score?

Why can't a "superior" rookie QB with virtually no game film unable to score in the same situation?

It really shouldn't be a shock that a 15 yr vet is better than a rookie at the toughest position to play in the sport. Its not like Fitz has fallen off the cliff and lost his ability to throw the ball or move around on the field. Hes a good QB that has spent a decent portion of his career as an above average starter in this league. I don't get why anyone would have expected Tua to outperform him on the field.

If the Bengals had kept Dalton and he came in and outplayed Burrow would that have been some tremendous shock? Taylor wasn't going to put up the stats Herbert did in LA but I'd be willing to bet he would have led them to more than 7 wins.

Its very rare that you see a rookie that can come in and be even average at his position. And even when you do see that its not necessarily indicative of future success. I know all fans these days want to see immediate success on the field but you're just gonna have to wait. Tua, Jackson, Kindley, Hunt, Bowden, Jones, Davis....they've shown flashes and maybe with the exception of Davis performed below league average overall. All you can hope for as a fan is that those enticing little snippets of greatness become more of the norm and the litany of error is reduced as they grow.

Stat people like to hide intangibles when evaluating or devaluating a player; intangibles that mark greatness.

I'm reminded of a common measuring stick; "Does the player make the players around him better?"

So, it's been 16 games with almost identical circumstances for Fitzpatrick and Tua with the SAME players.

If you are down by 7 with 2:00 left and have to choose Tua or Fitz with the same group of guys, who has the best chance to tie or win the game?

Oh yes, let's compare a rookie QB with 9 starts under his belt with no offseason to a decade and a half vet who quite possibly has been the best back up in the league... my god... Would you be so critical of Tua if we had Brandon Allen or Ryan Finley behind him on the depth chart?

All this crying because a pretty fair rookie crop didn't win the Super Bowl. Naysayers look back at the last ****ing decade of ineptitude with this team and you (well almost, I mean it is FinHeaven) can't help but feel good about our future. Tua didn't make all the right reads, or throws that he will after some seasoning. Anybody that looks at his weaponry the last half of the year and doesn't see what a handicap he had is fooling themselves. The OL will be better after a year in the weight room, with film study too, that will make a difference. IMO drafting the "generational talent" at #3 screws us for the future as far as the draft goes. The #3 pick is worth far more as a trade to someone else because it's worth multiple high draft choices to us down the line.

You can't give up on the kid one year in...particularly a 2020 year. There are reasons many experts have him as an elite talent, and he flashed them. Not often enough, granted, but they're there. Let's get him in there with anything but a practice squad for an arsenal, get him a little more OL support, and we'll see a different guy than we saw the past few weeks.

One thing I noticed in that video, of particular note that speaks directly against a FH narrative...is he has an NFL arm. He doesn't have a cannon by any stretch, but he has enough.

Give him time guys. How the team/QB performs is not a reflection on your character or social status, its a game, and this kid is dedicated to higher performance...he's got a shot at getting there.

Edit: And get him a non-dinosaur OC, one that isn't tailor-made for the backup.

By the end of the season, Miami may have had the worst skill positions in football. I don't think saying that is a stretch.

Combine that with injuries on the offensive line and that's a hard ask for a rookie quarterback.

You talk like Fitz kept bailing Tua, that's absolute nonesense. He did it once, with one throw which was more luck than judgement. When he was inserted in the Denver game, we got a field goal and he threw a red zone pick. While Tua himself bounced back against Zona, Pats and Bengals.

But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Why do you all seem to want our QB to fail ? Why are you not prepared to give the kid longer than 10 games, yet willing to give the last guy 7 years ? It's ludicrous especially when you compare the college resume of both these guy and the potential that that could bring.

He only had one above expectations game, the Zona game.
He had four poor performances: Rams, Denver, LV, Bills.
Jets, Pats, Chiefs, Bengals were okay. Chiefs game was garbage for the most part when it mattered to keep the score.
Overall, bottom one third of starting QBs, like around 27th,

What an absolute abortion of a post, chiefs game garbage my ass, he threw two passes against the Jets all season !!

Rams game, was his first ever start and he was severly handcuffed, he didn't have to do anything, but what he did do was throw a very very good ball for his first ever TD. Denver he was never in synch, after again opening up with a beautiful touch on a TD pass, wasn't his best game. LV, I will maintain he wasn't playing badly, there were no takeaways on his watch he had just driven the O down the field and scored a TD, then went 3 and out and was pulled when we were 3 pts behind. Bills, he was chasing the game with a bunch of scrubs who dropped 9 very catchable balls, he was pushing hence the ints, to take a quote from Kyle Crabbs on Locked On, we are asking him to go a gun fight armed with a butter knife. Look at the skill position talent on each and everyone of the teams that made the playoffs and then look at ours. Expecting a rookie to take that group to a winning record is achievement in it's self let alone going 6 and 3.

I will repeat what I just wrote to the other poster, why do you want him to fail ? why aren't you prepared to give him more than 10 games ?

You talk like Fitz kept bailing Tua, that's absolute nonesense. He did it once, with one throw which was more luck than judgement. When he was inserted in the Denver game, we got a field goal and he threw a red zone pick. While Tua himself bounced back against Zona, Pats and Bengals.

But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Why do you all seem to want our QB to fail ? Why are you not prepared to give the kid longer than 10 games, yet willing to give the last guy 7 years ? It's ludicrous especially when you compare the college resume of both these guy and the potential that that could bring.

Besides the crazy obsessions with Pitts. You're okay! :UP:

Was definitely his favorite WR, had a good feel with him but damn the kid is brittle as Hell, two years and could not make it through either. We do owe it to Tua to get him some playmakers.
Saying he's brittle is like saying that someone getting shot is 'brittle'. Neither of his injuries had to do with being 'brittle' and could've happened to any player. That foot/ankle injury was totally out his control. Bad Luck is not being 'brittle'.
Devante Parker is brittle.

What an absolute abortion of a post, chiefs game garbage my ***, he threw two passes against the Jets all season !!

Rams game, was his first ever start and he was severly handcuffed, he didn't have to do anything, but what he did do was throw a very very good ball for his first ever TD. Denver he was never in synch, after again opening up with a beautiful touch on a TD pass, wasn't his best game. LV, I will maintain he wasn't playing badly, there were no takeaways on his watch he had just driven the O down the field and scored a TD, then went 3 and out and was pulled when we were 3 pts behind. Bills, he was chasing the game with a bunch of scrubs who dropped 9 very catchable balls, he was pushing hence the ints, to take a quote from Kyle Crabbs on Locked On, we are asking him to go a gun fight armed with a butter knife. Look at the skill position talent on each and everyone of the teams that made the playoffs and then look at ours. Expecting a rookie to take that group to a winning record is achievement in it's self let alone going 6 and 3.

I will repeat what I just wrote to the other poster, why do you want him to fail ? why aren't you prepared to give him more than 10 games ?
The game vs Denver was much more about Vick Fangio beating the crap out of Chan Gailey and our offensive line inexperience got Abused by Denver's D. It's hard to expect a rookie, who's never seen that stuff, to react when the good blocking from former weeks was totally absent and it was a GD chinese fire drill every time he dropped back.
Herbert got bitch-slapped by New England defense this year. Rookie QBs gonna get their asses kicked sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom