Tua's Main Receiver...Perry? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Main Receiver...Perry?

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Where will we see Perry? RB/WR or both? I say both. Perry is shifty and fast; great vision!

I see one of Tua's main receivers being Perry, for sure! Could you image what damage they both could do to defenses? Wow!

Perry is so explosive. I hope he makes the roster.
His tape looks more explosive than his testing did..

Anyways. He’s not going to be near the top option.

Parker
Williams
Gesicki
Wilson
Breida

Those will be the main targets imo

Then you have Grant, Hurns, Howard, and can maybe lump Perry into the back end of this group or so

At this point the only thing Perry has over Grant is he's a lot cheaper. And that one thing could be a big thing. However, as a receiver Perry hasn't shown he's a decent college receiver much less an NFL starter or even a roster worthy one. There's still a ton of unknown when it comes to Perry and I wouldn't be shocked if it took a year or two on the practice squad before he's ready to play a rotational role. I think Miami's lact of attention at the receiver spot in the draft shows Hurns, Grant, Wilson, Ford and Jennings are likely fighting for 4 spots behind Williams and Parker. I think a lot of people are sleeping on Jennings, but he will get attention soon enough.

Last edited:
If not as a WR - too many talented/experienced players at the position, then as a RB?

Where will we see Perry? RB/WR or both? I say both. Perry is shifty and fast; great vision!

I see one of Tua's main receivers being Perry, for sure! Could you image what damage they both could do to defenses? Wow!

Dudes gotta make the team first and no guarantees on that.

I don't know where we will use Perry, but if he makes the roster i seriously doubt it will be near the top of the depth chart
I don't think Perry's position will be depth dependent. I think it will be dependent on given plays and situations. I really think there will be specific packages tailored around him.

Its easy to look like a star against Memphis, Tulane and Tulsa. At only 5'9" and a 4.6 40, he isn't explosive for an NFL player. His best upside comparison would be Wes Welker if he learned to run routes like Welker. That's down the road if at all. His best hope is they keep him on the roster for fear of someone stealing him off the PS. Even if that happens, he would need Wilson or Grant or both to be cut or traded. Maybe they try to use him like a swiss army knife and maybe return some kicks to give him some value to justify his roster spot. I don't think I would hold my breath on any of that. His measurables just aren't there. Nothing special physically. And battling quality vets with much more physical ability to earn a spot.

I could see him being a 3rd down RB more than fully developing into a WR.

But he does bring ST value.
It's odd that he's listed as a wide receiver. Running back makes more sense, but he could develop into that wr role. From his highlights, Perry definitely makes the first man miss a lot. That sounds like some of those Patriot slot guys.

Back
Top Bottom