Tua's Main Receiver...Perry? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Main Receiver...Perry?

Seem like interesting playet.. might be Wilson or grant relief after next yr
I'm guessing Wilson gets cut or traded. With his cap hit and low dead money, it makes sense. Parker, Williams, Grant and Ford are pretty much locks to stick. So lots of competition for the 5th WR spot. And with his diminutive size, the reality is he is too slow. Way too slow. Definitely won't make it at WR only. Would need to beat out Grant at KR. Highly unlikely. 4.2 vs 4.6 isn't a competition. Grant is much more explosive.

could be wrong but i feel like Perry and Laird are fighting for one position on the roster.
Not really. Laird is going to make the team. He is a true NFL RB with ability to run, receive and block. Perry is a developmental player lacking the explosiveness to make the 53 man roster. He is likely to go to the PS unless they carve out a special roster spot for him. And considering he can't even win the KR job, his odds are really low even for that.

I think he will make the team as the third RB behind Howard and Brieda. It will be easier for him to make the team as a RB over a WR.
I think he would get destroyed trying to pass block. Not only his size, but i doubt he has much experience doing it. Certainty not against NFL level pass rushers.

I would love to see him do well, but I have to be realistic.

Wow.

This is why I hate the later rounds of the draft.

... I guess at least we’re not referring to him as a “beast” yet. :bobdole:

Yea, the dude is most likely not making the team without a bunch of injuries to others.

Why do people seem to get so upset when other people want to be optimistic and hopeful?

If you're not optimistic, fine enjoy yourself being a pessimist. I just don't understand the need to to try and put a dick in someone else's birthday cake.

Tua's favorite target? He got picked after a long snapper... if he's good enough to stash on the PS, then that'll be a pleasant surprise.

Tus is going to be throwing downfield, not 4 yard swing passes like Chad "Checkdown" Henne. I doubt Tus'a favorite receiver will be a RB.

Not really. Laird is going to make the team. He is a true NFL RB with ability to run, receive and block. Perry is a developmental player lacking the explosiveness to make the 53 man roster. He is likely to go to the PS unless they carve out a special roster spot for him. And considering he can't even win the KR job, his odds are really low even for that.

Laird is a bum.

Laird undrafted
Perry drafted
Laird - good 3rd down RB with good vision - not a gamebreaker
Perry - Most 40+ yd plays in college football last year and every team knew he was running.

Perry can play 3 positions plus special teams. I will take Perry.

Perry can play multiple positions. But he is too small and too slow. 4.7 is very slow for a 190 pound player. He will compete with Laird for the last RB position. Laird is much bigger and even faster and already showed his worth. For him to get a spot as a KR he must beat out Grant. Not a chance. WR? Ford, Grant or Wilson. His best chance is Wilson getting traded because of his price tag. I'm sorry but, it would be nice to add a real big play threat. But he won't be playing against Army or Memphis in the NFL. Dont even try to compare his accomplishments at a third rate college program to the NFL. He will have a rough time making the practice squad. If he at least ran a 4.4, maybe. But, 4.7 is a slow LBer nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom