Tuas parents on him coming back next season. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuas parents on him coming back next season.

His dad already explained why, he did it because he was also a lefty thrower and he didn’t want to be the only one in the family that threw left handed.

Galu Tagovalia told Al.com that he is a lefty who just wanted another southpaw to play catch with when Tua was 3 or 4 years old.
“It just became fluent and he just grew into it,” Galu Tagovailoa explained. “That’s the crazy part about it. I never thought I could make him adapt to that. As we constantly kept putting the ball on his left hand, eventually he grew into throwing the ball with his left.”
Imagine if he played with his right arm? I mean he was born a righty. He is great as a lefty, how good would he be if he played with his dominant arm. Could be even better than he is now?

Tua is one hit away from another concussion. We need to draft the next qb in 2024.
I’m not ever discounting drafting a quarterback. Never.

Did he play baseball?
Left handed pitching is “Gold”
Could be the only reason I can envision.
There's one thing that bothers me about Tua, and I've never seen anything written about it. If Tua is right-handed, why did his dad make him throw left-handed? I can't think of any good reason why you would force your kid to switch hands, unless his dad thought that there would be more demand for a left-handed QB.

Left-handed pitchers are at a premium in the MLB but I thought that i read where Tua only throws like 88 mph, so that doesn't even get you drafted. Maybe one would make it throwing in middle relief at that speed in the MLB.

Whats more difficult for me to understand is a father who would MAKE a child throw with his recessive hand just because the father throws with that hand? As the kid ages, is athletic and plays throwing sports, why would you not want him to be the best possible version of him self by allowing him to throw with the dominant hand 🤦.

As the kid ages and matriculated through sports, the father would beat him with a belt for throwing interceptions.

Tua finally signs to play at Alabama and the whole family uproots and moves to Alabama while Tua is playing there? How many D1 Qb’s parents move to a college town where their kid is playing Qb? Tua had a younger brother who had built a life in their Hawaii hometown and the father decides they need to be in Tua’s college town?

Did the mother and father uproot and move to Maryland when the younger brother transfers to Maryland, probably not.

I cannot help to think that this relationship with Tua and his dad is eerily similar to the relationship Todd Marinovich had with his father back in the day. 🤦

Love it. My parents would be the same. We didn't make any quitters, look out for our son next year because he's going to napalm the mother effing score boards.

Uno vs. defenses next year:

Oh yeah bro it's party time!

marlon brando 2014 movies GIF

martin sheen GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Robert Duvall GIF

If tuas family cares more about the benjamins than him been crippled then i say let him come back healthy with a better oline and kick butt
What ....wait what?...Tua is a MAN with a wife and a kid. To say his mom and dad still rule his life is utterly embarrassing as if Tua was still a 15 year old freshman in HS that can't make his own decision as to whether he wants to continue his pro football career.

Left-handed pitchers are at a premium in the MLB but I thought that i read where Tua only throws like 88 mph, so that doesn't even get you drafted. Maybe one would make it throwing in middle relief at that speed in the MLB.

Whats more difficult for me to understand is a father who would MAKE a child throw with his recessive hand just because the father throws with that hand? As the kid ages, is athletic and plays throwing sports, why would you not want him to be the best possible version of him self by allowing him to throw with the dominant hand 🤦.

As the kid ages and matriculated through sports, the father would beat him with a belt for throwing interceptions.

Tua finally signs to play at Alabama and the whole family uproots and moves to Alabama while Tua is playing there? How many D1 Qb’s parents move to a college town where their kid is playing Qb? Tua had a younger brother who had built a life in their Hawaii hometown and the father decides they need to be in Tua’s college town?

Did the mother and father uproot and move to Maryland when the younger brother transfers to Maryland, probably not.

I cannot help to think that this relationship with Tua and his dad is eerily similar to the relationship Todd Marinovich had with his father back in the day. 🤦
If you don’t know Pacific Islander culture you just wouldn’t understand, especially with 1st borns. As someone who was born in that culture, like myself, It doesn’t seem strange to me and the norm.

your toes ever cramp?
I never thought much about what people said about him throwing so called “gang signs” hell, my hands and feet do that sitting on the couch watching the game! (Bad posture habits/over use of power tools)
Personally I think his issues lie in the neck or spine area instead of the actual head….but I’m no genius on the subject and not going to claim to be, I’ve never experienced a concussion so I really don’t know.

Just wanting him to get healthy and lead our team to many victories!

Wow, I didn’t know about any of that. That’s just creepy!
Thanks for sharing.

Yup - ya gotta bat them nasty rumours down - one at a time. Till there gone.

I've never heard or read anything suggesting that Tua's family wanted him to retire. The rumors seem to be the opposite, that his dad wants him to keep playing and make more money.

Back
Top Bottom