Tua's trainer speaks about him | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's trainer speaks about him

You really should do a little more reading before you respond, I acknowledge that there are handfuls of guys that don’t do it.
Relax , if you have to go as far back as Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell to make an argument you’ve lost out the gate. It a different game now, Totally. You might find
Oline and Dline guys slacking, but I can guarantee every QB WR RB DB Ss FS LB special teams players are busting azz.
How about I go all the way back to Dwayne Haskins? Human nature hasn't changed much over time. Everyone doesn't work at the same level.

How about I go all the way back to Dwayne Haskins? Human nature hasn't changed much over time. Everyone doesn't work at the same level.
Jesus dude, what part of a hand full of players don’t you get. I bopping out of this granular argument your making. Cheers

I really don’t think most fans understand how difficult it was for Tua to overcome the serious hip injury he had at Alabama. Most fans thought he would take at least a year to recover from the injury and it was thought he would not play at all last year while continuing to recover from the surgery on his hip.

He had no training camp because of the virus and no preseason games to play to see how the hip would respond to a hit. Instead he replaced Fitzpatrick as the starter after not playing in an actual football game in nearly a year.

Yet there are some posters on here are upset that he didn’t play at a pro bowl level every week. Instead he had ups and downs that all rookie QB’s go through, including Herbert. He had a young and struggling offensive line and a WR unit riddled with injuries.

The fact he was even able to play at all last year considering the seriousness of his hip injury was surprising to me. In fact I stated before the 2020 draft that I would be just as happy drafting Herbert because I didn’t know if Tua would ever be able to play in the NFL because of his hip injury.

Tua proved last season that he could overcome the injury but I still don’t think he was completely 100% recovered. I think now that he has played in the NFL and has had another off season to rehab the hip and get back into great shape physically, he is going to be a much better QB in 2021.

Last edited:
I really don’t think most fans understand how difficult it was for Tua to overcome the serious hip injury he had at Alabama. Most fans thought he would take at least a year to recover from the injury and it was thought he would not play at all last year while continuing to recover from the surgery on his hip.

He had no training camp because of the virus and no preseason games to play to see how the hip would respond to a hit. Instead he replaced Fitzpatrick as the starter after not playing in an actual football game in nearly a year.

Yet there are some posters on here are upset that he didn’t play at a pro bowl level every week. Instead he had ups and downs that all rookie QB’s go through, including Herbert. He had a young and struggling offensive line and a WR unit riddled with injuries.

The fact he was even able to play at all last year considering the seriousness of his hip injury was surprising to me. In fact I stated before the 2020 draft that I would be just as happy drafting Herbert because I didn’t know if Tua would ever be able to play in the NFL because of his hip injury.

Tua proved last season that he could overcome the injury but I still don’t think he was completely 100% recovered. I think now that he has played in the NFL and has had another off season to rehab the hip and get back into great shape physically, he is going to be a much better QB in 2021.
Well said, but extremely ridiculous that any of this needs to be said at all.

I've seen the Hicks video. He makes a great point about Tua's mental toughness to overcome and excel. If anything you've gotta admire him even more for that.

As far as the "Usual Suspects" succumbing to their OCD to pop into a positive thread, who would discredit his actual trainer, there's this:

1620961459040.png

exactly this and it instills even more confidence in Tua

Well said, but extremely ridiculous that any of this needs to be said at all.
I totally agree that it is ridiculous that I felt the need to post the comments I did. Yet it certainly does appear that the many posters who continually demean the play of Tua last year seem to have no concept of what he had to overcome just to be able to play in the NFL. Sometimes people need to be reminded just so they can actually appreciate what it takes to be a player in the NFL.

Which I don’t get.

Any legitimate fan of the Miami Dolphins wins if Tua succeeds, right?

Unless endless complaining about the team being bad is the ultimate goal .....

some people here are fans of the dolphins, but they are fans of themselves first.

If tua fails, then they were correct on we should've drafted Herbert....
If tua fails, more than likely waddles numbers will look like **** hence "i told you the trade was horrible" or we should've drafted LB at 6 or devonte smith

they root for the fins away from here, but they gotta puff their chest out here..... or maybe they are just drunk 24-7?

Back
Top Bottom