Tulsa LB Z. Collins is a perfect fit in our Defense | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tulsa LB Z. Collins is a perfect fit in our Defense

Phillips and Collins would be a best fits at #18. Assuming Parsons isnt available.

So every year we each get man-crushes on players. Zaven Collins is one of mine. I haven't been this excited about a LB in a long time, and the only guy that made me drool this much at LB was Devin White from LSU a while back. But honestly, Collins is less of an athlete, but more of a football player. And, Collins' versatility means he can legitimately be an All-Pro OLB or MLB, and if he were just a DE could probably make the Pro Bowl at that as well. Is he one of the 5 fastest LB's in the NFL? No. Is he even one of the 3 fastest LB's in this draft? No. But he's fast. Ditto for lateral quickness. But while he's not quite an elite athlete ... he's a very good one. And his looks are deceiving. He looks like he's 6'1, 220 lbs. and a tad slow. But he's really 6'4, 250 lbs. and fast .... he's just bigger than he looks because he's so solid and has such a huge head. Wide shoulders and hips and mammoth chest, arms and legs to go with it, can sometimes fool the eye into thinking he's simply closer to the camera ... but he's not, this kid is BIG. He's a bit of a long strider but he motors past everyone on a collegiate field.

He is extremely instinctive, so he knows the right play, makes the right decision, and makes it before the play happens, which gives him incredible functional play speed. He is the ANSWER in run stuffing, and has great range and tackling to dominate running QB's. He's quick and fast to blitz effectively, strong enough to set the edge effectively and play at DE seamlessly. He's the BEST coverage LB in this draft and will be instantly great in the NFL at it. If you want a Luke Kuechly type LB in this draft ... it's not Micah Parsons or Jeramiah Owusu-Koramoah, it's Zaven Collins 8 days a week.

This guy's versatility fits our system like a freakin' glove. He can immediately replace Kyle Van Noy, allowing Van Ginkel to replace Shaq Lawson and fix our massive hole at edge rusher. I was a huge Bobby Wagner fan coming out of college, but IMHO, Zaven Collins is better in every way. High praise? Yes, but I think this guy is one of the gems of the draft. When we look back on this draft, this is one of those guys people will be scratching their heads wondering how he fell so far. I'll be happy if we take him at #18, because he'll instantly become a fan favorite and Pro-Bowler.

Last edited:
This LB class is by far the best in a long time.
I really like the LB's in this draft as well. I also think there is some solid Edge rushers in this draft, but I wouldn't say I'd draft any of them in Round 1 based on what they have done so far. I understand teams will over value some of the Edge guys into Round 1, but really Paye and maybe another guy or two would be the only ones I'd draft late round 1. I think there will be some solid LB's and Edge guys drafted after Round 3

I like Collins too and I believe his spot is somewhere between 22 and 34. He's a very good fit but I think 18 might be a bit early. Having said that if we can't trade back then you'd have to consider him depending on who else is on the board and what we did at 6.

I like Collins too and I believe his spot is somewhere between 22 and 34. He's a very good fit but I think 18 might be a bit early. Having said that if we can't trade back then you'd have to consider him depending on who else is on the board and what we did at 6.
Yeah, if Parsons and Smith, Waddle, and top OL prospects are gone by 18 the ultimate best move IMO is trade back and still draft Collins. That extra pick would come in really handy and could allow us to grab somewhere dynamic like WR Elijah Moore from Ole Miss or maybe even Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (LB/SS) (Notre Dame) if he slides

Last edited:
Yeah, if Parsons and Smith, Waddle, and top OL prospects are gone by 18 the ultimate best move IMO is trade back and still draft Collins. That extra pick would come in really handy and could allow us to grab somewhere dynamic like WR Elijah Moore from Ole Miss
I'm actually starting to think Moore might go top 32. He's so quick and fast with very good hands. The type of playmaker I'd love to have for Tua. If my two choices were Collins or Moore I'd take Moore thought I'd be happy with either one.

I'm actually starting to think Moore might go top 32. He's so quick and fast with very good hands. The type of playmaker I'd love to have for Tua. If my two choices were Collins or Moore I'd take Moore thought I'd be happy with either one.
Purdue WR Rondale Moore is definitely a great slot player. He is being looked at as late Round 1 to round 2. WR Elijah Moore from Ole Miss is smaller and ranks somewhere after Rondale Moore, Bateman, and those 2nd tier WR's

Purdue WR Rondale Moore is definitely a great slot player. He is being looked at as late Round 1 to round 2. WR Elijah Moore from Ole Miss is smaller and ranks somewhere after Rondale Moore, Bateman, and those 2nd tier WR's
I like Elijah better. Just my preference plus I'm a bit concern about Rodale's injuries.

If you are like me and don't watch Tulsa much (at all)... You have to watch this player. I'd rank him as one of the best potential fits in our Defensive scheme...He can stuff the run, cover the pass, rush the edge, and blitz the middle. He is 6'4 260 pounds and runs well. He has a knack for knocking the ball loose and for filling the hole at just the right time.

Easily could impact our defense in many ways. He could start in the middle or on the edge. I'm guessing we'd move him all over the defense. Best of all he'll likely be sitting there for us at 18 overall. He has been Super Duper productive in college. Makes plays in all the ways a defender can.

THIS MIGHT BE THE BEST HIGHLIGHT FILM YOU SEE IN 2021

He's another guy that seems like a good fit. Me likey!

Collins.PNG

Back
Top Bottom