Tunsil Signs Historic Extention | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tunsil Signs Historic Extention

Congrats Laremy! Great player, worthy of the contract.

I'm also happy with the picks we got in exchange for him and look forward to using the future picks to build around Tua even more.

Terrible organization.

They gave him ALL the leverage buy trading so much for him without a deal in place and then letting Hopkins go and feeling the backlash of fans and probably Watson.

Too bad Watson didn't demand a trade. I would have snatched him up in a NY Minute.

I watched him play twice last year and thought he was average to above average. He was certainly nothing special. I was shocked he was all-pro.

Congrats Laremy! Great player, worthy of the contract.

I'm also happy with the picks we got in exchange for him and look forward to using the future picks to build around Tua even more.

Good player, not great yet. Has all the physical too but he had 18 penalties last year and many other tackles have played at a higher level.

I watched him play twice last year and thought he was average to above average. He was certainly nothing special. I was shocked he was all-pro.
You only watched him twice. Watson was sacked 62 times before Tunsil, 44 times while he was there. there were 14 more games to watch and put into a framework.

3 yr/66 M

Feel better about that yet?

We got his replacement for 5 years at much cheaper, plus another 1st and 2nd round pick.

Actually another 1st and two 2nd round picks. So if Miami does take a safety to with their late 2nd round pick that would mean they replaced their starting tackle and safety with another tackle, safety and three other prime picks.

Good for him.

One a related matter I would like to play poker with Bill O'Brien.

Where are all the people complaining on draft night wondering why we traded away Tunsil for picks?!

Here's all you need to know:

"The deal includes $57.85 million guaranteed and $40 million due at signing. "

Whoof

He’s the most overrated OL in NFL history if you go by this contract relative to performance on the field. He’s also lazy. W all that guaranteed money, I can all but guarantee the false starts will keep piling up, as will the blown protections. He never impressed me here - and I thought we fleeced Houston. To be brutally truthful, he wasn’t even as good as Vernon Carey or Todd Wade were for us. And he’s no where near what Jake Long was and shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence. Wow Houston is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom