Turley to be released | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Turley to be released

kpcane

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I saw on the ESPN bottom line that Turley is going to be released. He'd be a great pick up if he's affordable.

He probably won't be affordable and given his history it will be interesting to see if Saban even gives him a look. I suspect he will, as no stone unturned seems to be his theme. He sure does have alot of baggage but you gotta love that guy's competitive fire. Even if he is a tad more than we might be willing to afford I would love to see him in a Phins uniform regardless.

How great would it be to see him go against matt roth every day in practice?

With his health issues he isnt the player he once was. If our med staff thought he was good to go Id say alright for a good price, but I dont think he is healthy

One more injury and he may be forced into early retirement if he isn't already. I'd say he's worth a look just to see how he would fare in his physical. I'm curious to know... If he somehow passes the physical and comes at an affordable price, I wouldn't see why not. I wouldn't expect his asking price to be as high as it's has been. He was only making $535,000 last year with St.Louis but was due to make $3,650,000 this year for them. I'm guessing that all has to do with how they worked out his contract. No idea what he would be asking for now...

Turley I believe is now down to 235 pounds. He wants to play DE this year and no longer play of the offensive Line.

Nublar7 said:
Turley I believe is now down to 235 pounds. He wants to play DE this year and no longer play of the offensive Line.
Are you serious? I heard someone mention something like that and thought it was a dumb joke. He certainly has the attitude you want in a D-lineman.

Too much of a risk factor in my opinion. He still thinks hes great so he will still want a lot of money.

Kyle Turley is like soo many other players. He signs a huge contract, and doesn't perform as expected. Then he gets injuried. Now he weighs 230 lbs and wants to play dl-line! :roflmao:

Not sure if its bad luck, or they just slack off. It's good to see Saban signing players to 1-2 yr contracts before risking the big $ on a possible bust.

kpcane said:
I saw on the ESPN bottom line that Turley is going to be released. He'd be a great pick up if he's affordable.

I saw him at the Star Wars 3 screening I went to out here in Scottsdale. He has lost quite a bit of bulk, but make no mistake the man is still a giant.

finswin56 said:
Isn't this the guy who threatened to kill his coach?
Only in principle. :lol:

But from what I've heard, he's in really bad physical health. His knees, arms, back -- all busted to crap.

I'd just bring him in to get Matt Roth to floor him. Then waiver.

Back
Top Bottom