Turner slowly taking over the team... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Turner slowly taking over the team...

The Beach Bum

Communication Artist, DSOA, WPB.FL
Reaction score
I read in the sentinal this morning that the phins want to make Norv the new QB coach... he is already the A.Coach and the O.Coor. If we do not make at least the AFC championship this year, Norv will probly become our new HC. I am glad that he has a lot of control on our team now... When he was the OC for the Cowboys, he was also the QB coach... so he has experience, and they won a championship that year :jump:

Yeah, that's all great, except I don't like Turner's HC record. he has succeeded as a coordinator fantastically. Now I am all for having the job lined up with someone rather than having a vacancy for any amount of time, and Turner would be a great option, just hope he changes if he gets the job, cause at Washington and SD he stunk.

from Miami Dolphins Head Coach Dave Wannstedt On Mike Shula
“As far as the Dolphins are concerned, we will consider all options to replace Mike, but certainly Norv Turner has had great success coaching the quarterbacks in the past.â€Â
-- Wanne

that s/b fine for Jay and even maybe Griese, but Sage could probably use a little more attention...

Norv is a great offensive minded coach. I'm not sure how well our Defense would perform under him..I think the combination of Dave and Norv is perfect. If anything Norv will not be with us next year because after we win the Bowl this year he will be a Head Coach somewhere. Actually, he's the one the 49ers should have hired. Although I love Dennis and think he will shine in San Francisco..

Why do people keep saying Norv is "probably" our next HC if Wanny is fired? Norv has a poor HC record and I've heard that Norv wouldn't be Wayne H.'s first choice. I've heard his first choice would be Stoops. I haven't heard anything about his 2nd choice. Has anybody heard anything that would indicate that Norv would be considered for Miami's HC position if it became available?

I've heard sniplets about Norv moving ahead if Dave fails. But I'm not so sure about that really. A lot of people talk about how well Norv would do and so forth about how he's done as a OC and a QB coach when he was in Dallas. But does anyone know who the Defensive Coordinator was at the same time???
Yeppers, it was our own Dave Wannstadt. So of the winning SB Dallas team, we have both of them here. They have a formula that works, but I'm thinking they're working on getting the right pieces in place.

As for Norv, I'm not to sold on him as a HC at this point. But then again, he was in Washington and had zero chance there.

Back
Top Bottom