Turner waived by the Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Turner waived by the Dolphins

...one thing about Ballage you cut him and he's snagged instantly.

Physically the man is gifted. I'd bet the staff wouldn't mind seeing

him get some work behind a competent OL. If he's still averaging

10 inches per carry with good blocking --- well you'll know

for sure he blows!

My opinion. Of course.

BNF

...one thing about Ballage you cut him and he's snagged instantly.

Physically the man is gifted. I'd bet the staff wouldn't mind seeing

him get some work behind a competent OL. If he's still averaging

10 inches per carry with good blocking --- well you'll know

for sure he blows!

My opinion. Of course.

BNF
I guess there are some here that prefer to use the roster spot for another player. I'm not against that line of thinking, but it really doesn't make much sense to cut him before camp, in any case.

These cuts of "fringe" fringe guys is just a way to keep rotating UDFAs and other fringe guys through.

Ballage is no lock to make the roster, but he also isn't a "fringe" fringe guy either. It's pretty obvious that Flo trusts his pass blocking ability to some degree. That's not necessarily true of a lot of these guys.

It's easy to say cut him from the outside, looking in, but unless the coaches think they have sombody better, or with big upside, what's the point?

Who?

Had to check pro-football-reference to figure out who this guy was.

BAL 2018 Season: Rushes 1, Yards 4
MIA 2019 Season: Rushes 4, Yards 6

Total Career: Rushes 5, Yards 10

Don't even think we need a thread for this guy.

We have now cut multiple RBs not called Ballage... they must have been dreadful
Isn't there some contractual issue about cutting guys with injuries? Don't they have to wait till a certain point in time till they are allowed to release an injured player?
I swear I've seen articles about teams cutting an injured guy then getting into hot water because of it.

Isn't there some contractual issue about cutting guys with injuries? Don't they have to wait till a certain point in time till they are allowed to release an injured player?
I swear I've seen articles about teams cutting an injured guy then getting into hot water because of it.
They make a monetary settlement.

I disagree. Show me one instance where paying big money to a running back proved to be worth it? Even as great as a guy like Christian McCaffrey is, he still only carried that team to five wins. Great running backs are nice to have, but they are not a necessity in building a championship caliber roster.
balance team win in nfl..
Carolina have great rb but they dont have qb or no good wr. So they dont score enough point to win.. Carolina depend on there defense to win games. rebuilding mode..

Bottom line rb are more easy to replace than qb. But u need both to win..if u got great back pay him.as long as he Still under 30..when dolphins had good running we made playoff..2008 and 16

Last edited:
Bottom line rb are more easy to replace than qb. But u need both to win..if u got great back pay him.as long as he Still under 30..when dolphins had good running we made playoff..2008 and 16
Who were the great running backs on the New England Patriots, or the Kansas City Chiefs, or the Philadelphia Eagles, or the Denver Broncos when they won the Super Bowl. Sure, it's important to have some balance, but it isn't necessary to have a high priced running back. It's more important to have a offense with an ability to run the ball, and for the most part, a good offensive line can achieve that goal.

I disagree. Show me one instance where paying big money to a running back proved to be worth it? Even as great as a guy like Christian McCaffrey is, he still only carried that team to five wins. Great running backs are nice to have, but they are not a necessity in building a championship caliber roster.
You really think the Chiefs win without Damien Williams? Put him on any team...instant contender.

It's easy to say cut him from the outside, looking in, but unless the coaches think they have sombody better, or with big upside, what's the point?

For sure. For some

the point is dull.

If Flo likes the kid

there's a reason.

He stays in Miami

for another season!

And now for a longer point. Part of building a team is developing your core. It's like abs. But more than a six pack.

Ballage is a class act. Smart kid. Team oriented. Superb athlete. Tuff. It's on the coaching staff to get 'er done!

For sure. For some

the point is dull.

If Flo likes the kid

there's a reason.

He stays in Miami

for another season!

And now for a longer point. Part of building a team is developing your core. It's like abs. But more than a six pack.

Ballage is a class act. Smart kid. Team oriented. Superb athlete. Tuff. It's on the coaching staff to get 'er done!
I don't think you can teach "vision" or "feel".

I don't think you can teach "vision" or "feel".

Yeah that's not the core point IMO. He's NOT that kind of RB. He needs to be used differently

and can certainly be a factor with a power run game pounding for example.

He needs a crease and some movement up front. For sure he ain't no Barry Sanders.

Add some H back kind of shtick. I don't design plays but -- my point is he's a physical

mismatch -- in the right role. But hey ---

I reserve the right to be wrong at all times.

I just like the kid. On a number of levels. Hope Galey & OL Co. can find a place for him.

while I don't disagree, for some strange reason good RBs and good OL seem to go together.

The game has changed so much since 2008. Last year the average team passed for 235 yards. That number was 211 in 2008. And teams aren't just throwing more. Yards per attempt has been on the rise while interception percentage has dropped.

The average yards per attempt has been over 7 for 11 straight years (2009-2019). Compare that to the previous 19 seasons, where that only happened once.

This isn't news to anyone, but it's a passing league now. Teams not only run about 2 times less per game now, but split backfield have become the norm.

Derrick Henry's league leading 303 carries would have placed him at #6 in 2008, and left him 73 carries behind #1.

I'm definitely not saying RB's aren't important today, but let's just say that guys like Melvin Gordon and Leveon Bell would not have struggled to get paid in 2008.

And you wouldn't have had a draft where the first RB came off the board with the last pick of the first round. In 2011, when Mark Ingram was picked at 28 it was the latest the first RB had ever been taken. Then in 2013 and 2014 there were no first round RB's at all.

If NFL teams are showing less interest in investing both money and draft capital in RB's, we should probably take a hint.

Back
Top Bottom