Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Slow news this time of year but just wanted to share it
NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png

De'Lance Turner RB, Unsigned Free Agent

Dolphins waived RB De'Lance Turner.

Turner was on the outside looking in following the acquisitions of Matt Breida and Jordan Howard this offseason. The Dolphins will use that duo for most running back touches in 2020 with Kalen Ballage, Myles Gaskin, and Twitter heartthrob Patrick Laird as depth options. Turner, a 2018 undrafted free agent, is unlikely to make an active roster moving forward.

Related:

Source: Barry Jackson on Twitter

May 16, 2020, 3:47 PM ET

I wouldn’t be shocked if we acquired one more RB at some point before the season.

The group has been upgraded to adequate with the potential of being solid if health is on their side.

Regardless, our future bell cow is still in college.
I think teams have largely gone away from the bellcow concept. There are still a few, but they are far between.

Even if you do find one, they take such a pounding with 300 carries per year, they usually don't last that long.

Of course there are exceptions like EE.

Slow news this time of year but just wanted to share it
NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png

De'Lance Turner RB, Unsigned Free Agent

Dolphins waived RB De'Lance Turner.

Turner was on the outside looking in following the acquisitions of Matt Breida and Jordan Howard this offseason. The Dolphins will use that duo for most running back touches in 2020 with Kalen Ballage, Myles Gaskin, and Twitter heartthrob Patrick Laird as depth options. Turner, a 2018 undrafted free agent, is unlikely to make an active roster moving forward.

Related:

Source: Barry Jackson on Twitter

May 16, 2020, 3:47 PM ET
The only surprising thing in that entire paragraph by Barry Jackson was the phrase "Twitter heartthrob Patrick Laird".

I wouldn’t be shocked if we acquired one more RB at some point before the season.

The group has been upgraded to adequate with the potential of being solid if health is on their side.

Regardless, our future bell cow is still in college.
I agree and disagree. If healthy, they are good but, injury concerns, better than adequate.

First thought when reading the title of the thread was that Billy Turner was cut. Remember those days of Billy Turner and Dallas Thomas? Our current O-line has to at least better than them. Though it wouldn't take much to be better than them. A turnstile would have blocked better.

First thought when reading the title of the thread was that Billy Turner was cut. Remember those days of Billy Turner and Dallas Thomas? Our current O-line has to at least better than them. Though it wouldn't take much to be better than them. A turnstile would have blocked better.

I don't think they are better than the days of Howard and Turner. The only thing that allowed us to survive on offense last year was Fitzpatrick processing at ungodly speed and getting the ball out when he had to. Very few QB's could play that fast without making a huge amount of mistakes.

Reggie Corbin, who played in the Shrine Game, and starred at Illinois, was not signed after draft. He is still available and is a shifty type i have heard the Dolphins like.
I really liked Corbin for one of our 7th rounders if we had kept all 3. I think some team will give him a shot, and I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks to a roster.

well, there goes our chance at the play-offs
Please don't jump to conclusions, buddy - Jordan Howard is def better than this guy. Turner must be pretty ordinary because we still have Kalen Ballage on the roster.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom